Harvest Caye - So many questions!!

jnwrn11

Hello everyone!!

We will be headed out in December on the Getaway and one of our ports is Harvest Caye.. We're wondering about the availability of clam shell rentals... do they have them? Can you reserve them online at some point before the cruise? Previous cruises we've been on you could book the clam shells in the excursion section online, but that's not currently an option on our sailing. We are also concerned about how crowded it is and will it be difficult to get a good spot? Any tips, tricks, or suggestions welcome!! :D :D

I can’t answer your question specific to clamshells, but I will say I noticed that many things you can rent in Harvest Caye go quick... and then they don’t appear as excursion opti9ns for your sailing on the website anymore. Tons of things we have seen in YouTube videos that aren’t available on the site.... I guess we booked our cruise too late and missed out on these things.... but we will still have a great time.

I can’t answer your question specific to clamshells, but I will say I noticed that many things you can rent in Harvest Caye go quick... and then they don’t appear as excursion opti9ns for your sailing on the website anymore. Tons of things we have seen in YouTube videos that aren’t available on the site.... I guess we booked our cruise too late and missed out on these things.... but we will still have a great time.

Thanks so much for your reply! Just trying to decide if we want to schedule another beach break at one of our other ports and the main deciding factor is if we will end up with a huge crowd, no shade, and nothing much to do if we choose to do our main beach day at Harvest Caye! I know no matter what we will have fun... because, afterall... its a cruise! ;p

From what I've seen I don't think they have clamshells? I'm sure someone can say for sure. They do have some umbrellas though. They have the pool cabanas and the beach villas to rent though. For our cruise in March the beach villas are $699 and the pool cabana is $349.

They had some clamshells you have to rent in advance, we didn't do that so I don't know how or where, but I thought it was through the excursions? They also have umbrellas. The beach and pool areas were both very crowded when we were there last week. There is no wi fi anywhere except in the $699 or I think the $349 cabanas which really stinks. There were zip lines but I didn't see anything else to do. Some shopping. I was not impressed with Harvest Caye. Many people including us just went for a short time. I think if you go right off the ship, you can get a good spot. We didn't go right away, then it was raining, so we didn't actually get there until 12:30 but by the time we got there, people had left so we were able to get a place on the beach with an umbrella but friends of us said they tried to get a place by the pool and it was very hard to find a place with umbrellas.

From what I've seen I don't think they have clamshells? I'm sure someone can say for sure. They do have some umbrellas though. They have the pool cabanas and the beach villas to rent though. For our cruise in March the beach villas are $699 and the pool cabana is $349.

Thank you so much for your response! Enjoy your March cruise!!

They had some clamshells you have to rent in advance, we didn't do that so I don't know how or where, but I thought it was through the excursions? They also have umbrellas. The beach and pool areas were both very crowded when we were there last week. There is no wi fi anywhere except in the $699 or I think the $349 cabanas which really stinks. There were zip lines but I didn't see anything else to do. Some shopping. I was not impressed with Harvest Caye. Many people including us just went for a short time. I think if you go right off the ship, you can get a good spot. We didn't go right away, then it was raining, so we didn't actually get there until 12:30 but by the time we got there, people had left so we were able to get a place on the beach with an umbrella but friends of us said they tried to get a place by the pool and it was very hard to find a place with umbrellas.

This is great info! Thank you so much!!!

Thanks for your response! I recently saw a review that showed pictures and they do have clamshells also!:)

Thank you for your response! I have been wondering about the other things to do there... Maybe I need to consider an off island excursion. Thanks again!