St Maarten beach suggestions w kids

klb1978

our family is traveling on Oasis in September. We have 10 people total, with four being kids (ages 3,5,6,7) We would like to do a beach day in St Maarten but not sure which one is best. For sure something with amenities such as restrooms and food. Hoping for a beautiful beach that’s not too far of a taxi ride. I get anxiety with low flying planes so Maho is for sure not on my list 😬 Any help greatly appreciated!

Take the water taxi to Great Bay Beach. It's a 5 minute boat ride. $25 gets you two beach chairs, an umbrella, and 5 beverages. There is also access to bathrooms and spotty wifi

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

This is exactly what we have done with our little ones and will do it again in September on Harmony. Quick and easy and the water is as crystal clear as anywhere else on the island.

Edited by Andy C

Take the water taxi to Great Bay Beach. It's a 5 minute boat ride. $25 gets you two beach chairs, an umbrella, and 5 beverages. There is also access to bathrooms and spotty wifi

This was our initial plan but I’m reading varying things regarding pollution and this beach. We might still take our chances, but I was just trying to see what other options there are.

I was on the fence about going, but it was nice to get off the ship for a few hours. Only $7 per person round-trip to take the boat, and $25 for the two chairs and drinks... It was worth the time off the ship. Plus, it's good to get away from the buffets for a few hours!!!

And there are great seashells to collect as well. They're tiny but very cool! Not much to see in terms of snorkeling though!

We are on Oasis now. We were nervous about what to do in St Marteen! After our visit no question ... Take a water taxi to the beach. Walk down to Holland House (several recommended it). It was perfect. $25 for 2 chairs 4 Drinks. Bathrooms. It was awesome!our favorite spot!!! We did walk there and that was a little iffy... but we were fine. No one bothered us! People super nice!! Beach not trashy at all. Def take the water taxi! We have a 10 year old. He loved it. He and his dad also got on the jet ski.

Totally agree with you. We love Orient, but since the hurricane, we just take the taxi to Great Bay

We are on Oasis now. We were nervous about what to do in St Marteen! After our visit no question ... Take a water taxi to the beach. Walk down to Holland House (several recommended it). It was perfect. $25 for 2 chairs 4 Drinks. Bathrooms. It was awesome!our favorite spot!!! We did walk there and that was a little iffy... but we were fine. No one bothered us! People super nice!! Beach not trashy at all. Def take the water taxi! We have a 10 year old. He loved it. He and his dad also got on the jet ski.

When you get off water taxi in town which way do you go, towards the right and the ship or to the left further away for the Holland House?

This is very helpful and reassuring! I think we will do this. I agree on the walk as my husband and I walked that route several years ago and I wasn’t a fan. We will take the water taxi. I have heard others suggest Holland House too.

Was the $25 in US Dollars?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums