Beach day for family with kids

klb1978

our family is traveling on Oasis in September. We have 10 people total, with four being kids (ages 3,5,6,7) We would like to do a beach day in St Maarten but not sure which one is best. For sure something with amenities such as restrooms and food. Hoping for a beautiful beach that’s not too far of a taxi ride. Originally we decided on Great Bay but I’m reading varying reports of pollution so not sure if this is a good choice for us. I get anxiety with low flying planes so Maho is for sure not on my list 😬 Any help greatly appreciated!

We were at Great Bay in February and did not notice any issues with pollution. Was very convenient to take the water taxi from the port. Many choices of places to get food and drinks.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

We were at Great Bay in February and did not notice any issues with pollution. Was very convenient to take the water taxi from the port. Many choices of places to get food and drinks.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Per above .... Great Bay is very convenient!

our family is traveling on Oasis in September. We have 10 people total, with four being kids (ages 3,5,6,7) We would like to do a beach day in St Maarten but not sure which one is best. For sure something with amenities such as restrooms and food. Hoping for a beautiful beach that’s not too far of a taxi ride. Originally we decided on Great Bay but I’m reading varying reports of pollution so not sure if this is a good choice for us. I get anxiety with low flying planes so Maho is for sure not on my list 😬 Any help greatly appreciated!

As previously posted. Off the shuttle ferry station mid-town, turn left, keep walking to the end of the beach, and aim for the last section (Pink Umberellas). Quieter abs away from any possible pollution. Pay for the beds and umberellas at the bar behind, on the Boardwalk.

Be aware you will have to run the gauntlet of many vendors looking to entice you to their part of the beach.

Does anyone now what the cost is for the water taxi? There are 6 of us (3 kids) and I am trying to budget as much as I can..lol. This looks like it may be a good option.

TIA

From what I read online it’s $7/ person (round trip) and ages 3 and under are free. And trust me- totally get the budget part!

Does anyone now what the cost is for the water taxi? There are 6 of us (3 kids) and I am trying to budget as much as I can..lol. This looks like it may be a good option. TIA

If you are trying to budget, then I would just skip the water taxi and walk from the pier to Philipsburg. It is an easy 10 - 15 min walk along the main road with a few shops sprinkled around. No sidewalk in parts, so you will want to keep the kids close, but it is an easy way to save $40.

If you are trying to budget, then I would just skip the water taxi and walk from the pier to Philipsburg. It is an easy 10 - 15 min walk along the main road with a few shops sprinkled around. No sidewalk in parts, so you will want to keep the kids close, but it is an easy way to save $40.

Or start by the road, then meander through the marina complex, away from the road.