Odyssey Tours??

flyboyswife

Hello dear cruise fans,

I just wanted to share my feedback from my recent visit to Puntarenas port and again how much we enjoyed touring with Alvaro and his odyssey tours, this time we went to San Luis cloud forest park for the best zip line adventure ever and also walked the suspended bridges and saw the butterflies gardens, he suggested this instead of Monteverde cloud forest since the road is much better and it's located closer to port so we didn't waste as that time getting back and forth.

We are now booking our next cruise to visit Costa Rica and from the east coast this time, so I already have Alvaro book to meet us in Limon port since he told me he is running tours from there since a couple of years or so and being very successful thanks to his friendship with locals around that area. I didn't realize Costa Rica such a small country till Alvaro advised me it takes only likely 5 hours drive from coast to coast.

One more time I give 5 stars to odysseytourscr.com and their tours, I highly recommended, posting my reviews on trip advisor as well.

Cheers!

Scott B.

• 4 months later...

Review of Odyssey for those looking to schedule with them: This is the second time we have used Odyssey Tours and I can honestly say it gets better every time! We were on a cruise from Chile to San Francisco and scheduled to stop in Puntarenas, I immediately thought of the first tour with Odyssey and how I this time wanted to try their Zip Lining adventure. I put together a group of 25 from our ship and every single person stated that all other tours will be boring and uneventful compared to this one. Several stated that they will contact Odyssey to schedule with them the next time they are there. Can't even begin to say enough about this trip! These guys are amazing, not only went Zip Lining but saw Monkeys, Crocs, Macaws and the most wonderful lunch at a truly local restaurant that was fantastic, we concluded our 8 hr day with a tour around Puntarenas. Alvaro and Diego brothers who are the owners are so amazingly knowledgeable about their country, so kind and concerned about you as a customer being happy. I would strongly urge anyone wanting a tour of a lifetime to contact Odyssey Tours you will not regret your time and money spent! I certainly have not and can't wait to see what they have in store for my next adventure! Their tours truly exceptional, the highlights in life you always hope to experience .

Helpful?

• 5 months later...

We've received excellent service from Odyssey Tours. They arranged transfers to/ from SJO to the port at Puntarenas, as well as more adventurous sightseeing (zip-lining etc). Alvaro and his brothers do a very nice job

• 2 weeks later...

Based on recommendations here, we have arranged for Odyssey Tours for several excursions (including transport to and from our ship) in January. Alvaro responds to emails promptly and has been very helpful. Will post a review when we return, but I suspect it will be very positive.

• 8 months later...

We have booked a group of 20 with Odyssey...right from the start they were very prompt in their replies and extremely open to please us in every way possible. Will definitely post about our experience when we return but in the meantime I do recommend trying them

• 1 month later...
Rini47 , when are you going? I see you posted recently, and I have been looking for this kind of thing too. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say. I'm going in January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going Mar 25 next year on Celebrity eclipse....you can e-mail rini47@hotmail.com if you want more information

• 3 months later...

We booked a private tour with Odyssey Tours in Puntarenas during our Panama Canal tour. We were met as scheduled and boarded an air conditioned van. Carlos the tour guide and Herman the driver did a wonderful job. The itinerary was not followed exactly and when we returned to the ship we found out why - there had been a demonstration by the fishermen. Many of the ship’s tours were canceled or shortened and others were stuck on a bus for a couple of hours.

We were not adversely affected at all and loved Costa Rica. I highly recommend Odyssey Tours.

• 6 months later...