Princess - what dock? Walk to town?

nbsjcruiser

Hi All,

We'll be in Martinique in March of 2019 on the Crown Princess. We'd like to do a self guided walking tour of Fort de France. Is the main town area easily walked to from port? I'm not even sure which port area the Crown will dock in. Is it typically the same area each time?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello

Last November when we were in port, there were 4 vessels. I believe this is unusual, but we had been given this port as St Marteen was not open to ships because of hurricane damage. The are berths for 2 vessels in the centre of the lovely town, F de F, which you will enjoy walking around safely on your own. However, the Queen Victoria and an NCL vessel were berthed outside the town in an industrial area. There was a shuttle provided and I think it was necessary to use this to leave the docks; perhaps 10 minutes to the drop off.

We are there again in November and hoping we will be in the favourable berths. Have a look on the port authority website ( Cruise ship schedules) and you can probably find where you ship is due to dock.

Enjoy!