NIEtours

TeamA

Does anyone know if NIE is still doing tours? I have put a deposit online, just got paypal receipt and no confirmation from the actual tour company.

I have emailed them three times and have not gotten any response.

Do I just take a "wait and see" approach, or do I sacrifice my deposit and book a different tour though another company?

If anyone has used them recently, I booked the Jewel tour. Some very old posts mention it ( I had a hard time finding any current ones) and that there were extra fees that they needed to pay on the day of the tour for admissions to stops. Does anyone know if that's still the case, or does the tour fee now cover everything?

Thanks,

Tammy

We used them on the August 5 cruise on the Carnival Fascination and the Jewel Tour was outstanding!! The snorkeling was great. The walk to the water is a little rugged. Wear sturdy water shoes. The Ti Tou Gorge.....OMG. The Trafalgar Falls were beautiful! We got to enjoy bottled water and local beer. Don't hestitate to book them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We used them on the August 5 cruise on the Carnival Fascination and the Jewel Tour was outstanding!! The snorkeling was great. The walk to the water is a little rugged. Wear sturdy water shoes. The Ti Tou Gorge.....OMG. The Trafalgar Falls were beautiful! We got to enjoy bottled water and local beer. Don't hestitate to book them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks! But are there other admission fees I need to bring along or is it all covered?

We were just on the Jewel Tour on Aug 7th and had a fantastic day! I loved Dominica. The people were super friendly and the tour was well worth the $52 (including admissions). I received an email from them a day or two after the PayPal transaction. 😍

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 7:37 PM, taboom said:

We were just on the Jewel Tour on Aug 7th and had a fantastic day! I loved Dominica. The people were super friendly and the tour was well worth the $52 (including admissions). I received an email from them a day or two after the PayPal transaction. 😍

Thanks!

How close to your tour date was it when you had an email?

I still haven’t had any communication from them and I’m just about 3 weeks away from my cruise. 

Thanks

We are booked with them in a couple of weeks.  I prepaid $7 which was for admissions.  $45 due at end of tour.  I do have a confirmation.

Hoping most of the sights are in decent condition.  We have been there twice before and loved the island.

Yes, water shoes needed for Champagne Reef!

• 4 months later...

My wife and I have done this tour in the past.  This is an action packed nonstop activity tour. Bring snacks for the bus ride. It is well worth it for first time visitors to see as much as Dominica as you can in one day. Everything we went to and saw was excellent. 

Note: Your tour group will all hit the buffet back on the ship when done, then you will all go to your cabin to clean up and nap until a late dinner around 8 or 9 and see your tour group again eating a late dinner in the buffet. At least that was my experience.