Raanui Tours Bora Bora

palolake

I'm looking for information on this tour. I originally wanted to go with Patrick's but I'm getting sooooo frustrated with them since they take weeks to get back to you.

I'm a little concerned about Raanui because a few people said they were stood up. Can anyone tell me about their experience? Also, I know they accept cash only but do they accept US dollars? TIA

I'm looking for information on this tour. I originally wanted to go with Patrick's but I'm getting sooooo frustrated with them since they take weeks to get back to you.

I'm a little concerned about Raanui because a few people said they were stood up. Can anyone tell me about their experience? Also, I know they accept cash only but do they accept US dollars? TIA

We did Raanui in early June and had a fabulous time on their half day tour. We were the only cruisers from the PG, everyone else was from a land based resort.

We also did the Pure Snorkeling Flight Medic mentions on our second day in Bora Bora.

Totally different experiences, both were fantastic!

I did use US dollars to pay for our tour with Raanui. Pure Snorkeling I paid upfront on their website.

Doug

Hello! We will be in Bora Bora for 2 days in December and plan to take Patrick's tour on our first day. We are sailing on the Paul Gauguin. I contacted Patrick's company, Maohi Nui, to book with them directly but Paul Gauguin has a contract with him meaning we will have to book through the ship when excursion reservations open up.

I have read really great things on the Paul Gauguin board about Patrick's tour. Here is a thread that discusses some of the main snorkeling/BBQ motu operators: (Scroll to post #18 for a comparison.)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534235&highlight=pure+snorkeling

As for Pure Snorkelling, we plan to do that on day two in the morning. Doug and FlightMedic555, did your Pure Snorkelling tour wrap up in time to back to the ship, have a quick lunch and go to PG's private beach by any chance? That is our plan if timing allows.

Happy travels!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a wonderful experience with Raanui last year. I did the half day tour and it was one of the highlights of my 17 days in French Polynesia. I wrote a detailed review of my whole trip, but the posts about Raanui begin at post #232 if you want to read it. Just scroll down about half way on this page:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2545707&page=12

I had a wonderful experience with Raanui last year. I did the half day tour and it was one of the highlights of my 17 days in French Polynesia. I wrote a detailed review of my whole trip, but the posts about Raanui begin at post #232 if you want to read it. Just scroll down about half way on this page:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2545707&page=12

Thank you so much! That was an excellent review.