2 night Halloween Cruise / San Diego

picture

Planning to do this cruise in late September I know it’s a short cruise traveling with 2 ( three year olds) and wanted to see what it would be like .

1. Will there be a Pirate Night? Or Halloween

Costume night ?

2. Will there be a Princess Meet and Greet?

3. Will there be animators plate? & what is it?

4, How are the shows handled on the cruise do you have to sign up for them in advance ?

Never sailed Disney before but we are in a concierge family state room if that makes any difference what to expect ?

Animator's PALATE (not Plate) is a restaurant that is featured on each of the 4 ships. Yes, it will be there. The problem is that you have only 2 nights of dinners, so you will miss one of the restaurants. You'll be assigned to that one for your breakfast on the last morning. There is a show in AP when it is during dinner service on a normal cruise of 3 nights or longer.

You do not need to sign up for the shows in advance. There are two seatings of each show--if you have early dinner (main), you'll go to the later show. Those with late dinner will see the earlier show.

I honestly have no idea what will be scheduled on this 1 1/2 day cruise. However, anything that requires tickets (like Princess Meet and Greet) will have tickets available thru the concierge.

Hi picture,

See responses in red.

Thanks.

Planning to do this cruise in late September I know it’s a short cruise traveling with 2 ( three year olds) and wanted to see what it would be like .

1. Will there be a Pirate Night? Or Halloween

Costume night ? According to this article, Pirate Night is held on the same night as the main Halloween soiree on short sailings. You can find more information about Halloween on the High Seas cruises here.

2. Will there be a Princess Meet and Greet? See moki'smommy's comment above mine.

3. Will there be animators plate? & what is it? See moki'smommy's comment above mine.

4, How are the shows handled on the cruise do you have to sign up for them in advance ? According to the Personal Navigators for both the September 15th and October 13th, 2017 sailings, Disney Dreams - An Enchanted Classic and Frozen: A Musical Spectacular were the featured productions.

The Personal Navigators for the 2-night Baja cruise itinerary from San Diego are as follows:

We took the 3 day Halloween cruise this past Oct. and it was awesome. I'm 71, and my niece is 48. We were just like 2 little kids. :D

They did have a Pirate's Night, trick or treating, and Meet the Princesses. For the MTP's, I reserved my slot online before the cruise, which I highly suggest.

Animator's Palate is dining in the rotation, and don't miss that. It's an eye candy experience. Your cruise card will tell you which night is your rotation night.

As far as photos with the characters, we lined up very early for those. You will get the times in your ship's paper.

This was our first Disney cruise, so I only have that one experience. It was a Make A Wish gift for my niece.

Next year we are taking my Granddaughter, and I cannot wait.

Patti

thank you for the personal navigators do much information. Again thank you

We took the 3 day Halloween cruise this past Oct. and it was awesome. I'm 71, and my niece is 48. We were just like 2 little kids. :D

They did have a Pirate's Night, trick or treating, and Meet the Princesses. For the MTP's, I reserved my slot online before the cruise, which I highly suggest.

Animator's Palate is dining in the rotation, and don't miss that. It's an eye candy experience. Your cruise card will tell you which night is your rotation night.

As far as photos with the characters, we lined up very early for those. You will get the times in your ship's paper.

This was our first Disney cruise, so I only have that one experience. It was a Make A Wish gift for my niece.

Next year we are taking my Granddaughter, and I cannot wait.

Patti

Thanks so much for the information I appreciate it.

For those who have done the two night tonight Halloween cruise do they issue tickets for the meet and greet of the characters ? Princesses ?

Or Is that on a first come first serve basis ?

The concierge lounge do the characters or princesses ever go in there for

People in that lounge?

There are no tickets issued for meet and greets other than the Frozen characters and the Princess gathering. All the others are "line up, first come, first served." Hint--show up 10-15 minutes before the character is to appear and you'll be at or near the front of the line.

On longer cruises, there is a reception in the concierge lounge where a character usually appears. I've never done a 2 night cruise, but it would make sense that this would happen on this short cruise as well. The concierge will make you aware of it; it will NOT appear in the Navigator as it is a "private party" for concierge level guests only.

For all ticketed events, the shoreside concierge will be able to get tickets for you if you ask; the onboard concierge will also have some available after boarding. Your booking window opens 120 days before embarkation. If you haven't been contacted by shoreside concierge by 125 days out, call them and let them know what you'd like them to arrange for you. You can do your own reservations on line, but you've paid for the service of having them do it. They will secure the slots in advance so they'll never appear on line and you are guaranteed to get what you want.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but hopefully I am reading wrong…the Nightmare before Christmas sing-a-long…is that only at 10:45pm? I was going to surprise my 6 year old with this cruise, but that is a tad bit late. Of course I can work with it, but I was just hoping my eyes were deceiving me and I missed an earlier show, LOL!

• 1 month later...
Animator's PALATE (not Plate) is a restaurant that is featured on each of the 4 ships. Yes' date=' it will be there. The problem is that you have only 2 nights of dinners, so you will miss one of the restaurants. You'll be assigned to that one for your breakfast on the last morning. There is a show in AP when it is during dinner service on a normal cruise of 3 nights or longer.

[/quote']

Sorry to keep asking you questions ;). I have been on a DCL Halloween cruise before, but I could only get the 2 night for the GD.

I guess I won't know which dining rooms I will have until I get our cards. Is there a way to reserve AP to make sure she can see the night dining show ?

Patti

If you have booked a concierge cabin, you can request a dining rotation by calling the shoreside concierge and you WILL get it. If you are not in a concierge cabin, you can make a request and you might get it (usually do, but can't promise). After boarding if you don't like what you have, go to dining changes and ask whether you can be moved.

You might or might not be aware that there are multiple different AP shows, including 2 shows on some ships. Obviously there will only be one running during a 2 night cruise.

If it's the west coast, wouldn't that be the Wonder? If so, there is only one Animator's Palette show or did they update it to the Dream class technology (without giving away too much)? I haven't been on the Wonder since 2014, so I'm not up to date on what happened during the upgrade.

If it's the west coast, wouldn't that be the Wonder? If so, there is only one Animator's Palette show or did they update it to the Dream class technology (without giving away too much)? I haven't been on the Wonder since 2014, so I'm not up to date on what happened during the upgrade.

I haven't been on the Wonder since dry dock. At the time of dry dock, she was the only ship running the original Animator's show, but there were lots of problems with obtaining repair parts, etc. I don't know what happened to the show at dry dock. I do know that the Magic and Fantasy have two shows each. The Dream, I believe, only has one...if they have more, they routinely only show one.

That's why I was vague in my response, saying that "some ships" had two. Since the Wonder does cruises of 6 or more nights regularly, it would make sense that she had the ability to have more than one show, but I don't know if this happened. Actually, Tiana's Place would be my "don't miss" on that ship.

Thank you ! :)

I was on Wonder last October, but it was my first DCL cruise. It was longer so we rotated through all the dining.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check my cards. AP is the one my GD is looking forward to.

Patti

I haven't been on the Wonder since dry dock. At the time of dry dock' date=' she was the only ship running the original Animator's show, but there were lots of problems with obtaining repair parts, etc. I don't know what happened to the show at dry dock. I do know that the Magic and Fantasy have two shows each. The Dream, I believe, only has one...if they have more, they routinely only show one.

That's why I was vague in my response, saying that "some ships" had two. Since the Wonder does cruises of 6 or more nights regularly, it would make sense that she had the ability to have more than one show, but I don't know if this happened. Actually, Tiana's Place would be my "don't miss" on that ship.[/quote']

That's what I thought. I wanted to clarify it, since the OP was talking about the Wonder.

I just booked this sailing as a surprise for hubby and I, we're gonna head up to the Ohana festival for Sunday, in Dana Point after we dock back in SD. Have never cruised Disney before, and this will be our first 2-night cruise. Was extremely pricey!

I just booked this sailing as a surprise for hubby and I, we're gonna head up to the Ohana festival for Sunday, in Dana Point after we dock back in SD. Have never cruised Disney before, and this will be our first 2-night cruise. Was extremely pricey!

Hi Bryce ! We loved the 4 day last year. This is our first 2 dayer too, but it was all they offered, so we took it.

Patti

Hi Bryce ! We loved the 4 day last year. This is our first 2 dayer too, but it was all they offered, so we took it.

Patti

Hi there [emoji16] What kind of cabin did you book? We normally book balcony or Suites on Royal, but there is no way I was paying over $2k for two days. I got one of the sideways layout interior cabins on deck 5. Those seem to be popular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there [emoji16] What kind of cabin did you book? We normally book balcony or Suites on Royal, but there is no way I was paying over $2k for two days. I got one of the sideways layout interior cabins on deck 5. Those seem to be popular!

The sideways inside cabins are great (yes, I've stayed in one). For a 2 night cruise, I'd book the cheapest cabin I can get! I wouldn't be spending any awake time in my cabin other than showering and dressing.

Actually, we did book a balcony cabin. I have medical issues so I have to spend some time in bed every day, and DH likes to get out of the AC on his balcony.

If it weren't for that, I would book the cheapest too. :D

Patti

The sideways inside cabins are great (yes' date=' I've stayed in one). For a 2 night cruise, I'd book the cheapest cabin I can get! I wouldn't be spending any awake time in my cabin other than showering and dressing.[/quote']

Awesome, thank you! I plan to write a detailed review with pics.

Actually, we did book a balcony cabin. I have medical issues so I have to spend some time in bed every day, and DH likes to get out of the AC on his balcony.

If it weren't for that, I would book the cheapest too. :D

Patti

Oh I see. Maybe we’ll see you on the ship!

2. Will there be a Princess Meet and Greet?

I'm also booked on one of these 2-night Halloween cruises from San Diego this fall. I was very surprised to see when the activity reservations opened to us that there were none of the usual princess activities displayed - no Princess Gathering, no Frozen Gathering and no Royal Princess Tea. Luckily we had just participated in all of these a few months ago on a Caribbean voyage, so we are fine to skip them, just wondering if anyone has actually experienced these events on the 2-nighters when not available for pre-booking? Do they still have them and just don't expect big crowds???

The only activities I can see available for pre-booking are Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations, shore excursions and various tasting events.

They probably don't have them so they don't disappoint lots of people. This cruise is barely 1 1/2 days long and they have to work in the Halloween activities.

On even a 3 night cruise, they'd have the Frozen meet and greet on 2 days. The Princess Gathering makes a little less sense, but again would have to occur on the only full day of the cruise, and I'm not sure what else needs to be worked in on that day. They are probably just trying to book as much as possible into a very short time.

And if they are added later, you can all prove me wrong and I'll eat crow.