Summer Sale

new_cruiser

The Windstar Summer Sale has started - about 150 cruises have reduced prices. It's the first time our 2 Jan 2019 Adventures in Panama and Costa Rica cruise has had a reduced price and the price is reduced by about $500 per person (though we probably lose the $150 per person cruise credit special by switching to this one).

Thanks for the heads up. Our NYE Caribbean sailing dropped $300/pp from our original booking price.

Would Windstar honor the sale price if I contacted them? Final payment isnt until late Sept. Wasn't sure what their policy is on price drops. thanks!

Windstar's price assurance policy says they will up to 120 days in advance of sailing.

https://www.windstarcruises.com/terms-conditions/

If you booked is through a travel agent, the agent has to contact them to request the reduction. If there is no travel agent on the booking, you call them directly.

When the price is adjusted, you get any complimentary features included with the new fare and lose any included in the old fare. So, for example, if the old fare was booked under the special that included OBC from Windstar, you lose the OBC.

There policy also says ". Policy does not apply to certain promotions or guests outside of the US or Canada."

I haven't ever run into a case where they said it didn't apply to the promotion.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Dear R&rd, Which cruise, when, what type of cabin? Thanks in advance. Happy Sailing.

It was an 11 day Costa Rica Cruise for the holidays (which are usually higher than off peak times) in a basic cabin. We have always appreciated that Windstar is very good at adjusting prices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just checked for our cruise Jan 2 10 day - Adventure in Panama & Costa Rica and was not a deal. Agent told us to hold where we are at.
Hmm - when did you book? We are on that sailing too. I think I've watched that cruise since it was added. We booked it when the Unexpected OBC promo started. Possibly I missed checking the price a couple of weeks before the Star Breeze sailings we're announced since I wanted to see if that would have any 10-12 day Panama Costa Rica ones before deciding.

Or maybe the discount varies depending on the cabin category. We are in AX and it's a reduction of $1100 for the two of us.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

TA checked my Dec. 1 Star Pride from San Juan cruise. The fare was lower but I would have lost the $300 OBC. TA said I am better off where I am now. Likely because my cruise is a 7 day one. Looks like the better deals with the summer sale are for longer cruises.