Tours Plaza?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:56 AM.
Belle Vernon, PA
233 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by jerseyaxn
Im thinking of using them when our ship is in cozumel

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app
Just got back from cruise in Cozumel, Tours Plaza was absolutely the easiest and best tour company I have ever used, you will not be sorry! Ask for Aldo he was the BEST Driver ever!! Tell him Carol & Carl said HI and see you soon!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]
Malden, MO
5,386 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
We had Alberto several years ago and he was wonderful. While we were doing things he would chat with other drivers. Seems he knew everyone.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[/SIGPIC]
Carnival Fantasy April 2009
Carnival Fantasy July 2009
Carnival Elation May 2010
Carnival Triumph April 2011
Carnival Elation May 2011
Carnival Elation May 2012
Carnival Elation June 2013
Carnival Elation June 2014
Carnival Elation June 2015
Carnival Triumph July 2016
Carnival Dream December 2016
Carnival Fantasy May 2017
Carnival Dream May 2018
Carnival Glory May 2019

Columbus, OH USA
29,900 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by prudon
We were in Cozumel last week and used Tours Plaza. What a great way to see all of Cozumel, learn the local history from a native, and visit several places of interest all without crowds!
Pina was our driver and told us the history of Cozumel and it's government now in an interesting, entertaining way. We stopped at the Chocolate Factory, The Mayan Ruins, a seaside restaurant and gift stand, as well as driving around the entire island and watching the Flag Day ceremony.
We were completely in charge of what we did and how much time to take. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. We had lunch at the restaurant and enjoyed delicious shrimp tacos and fresh guacamole.
Pina answered all our questions and told us about the island, it's economy and the schools.
I look forward to my next visit to Cozumel and will use Tours Plaza again.

Prudence,

I hope you see this message, How are you doing? I was just participating in a thread about what to do in Cozumel in the Royal Caribbean section and I quoted you regarding the Mexican cooking excursion and posted a pic of you from our 2008 Freedom Cruise. I hope you are doing well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1st cruise 4/29/06 RCCL Voyager of the Seas. - Eastern Caribbean.
2nd cruise - 5/11/07 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas. MOTHER'S day cruise!
3rd cruise - 4/27/08 Freedom of the Seas -Western Caribbean. Freedom's 100th cruise!
4th cruise - 4/16/09 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel/Belize.
5th cruise 11/15/10 Majesty of the Seas - Key West Nassau.
6th cruise -5/1/11 Allure of the Seas Eastern route 30th anniversary cruise
7th cruise 4/14/12 Jewel of the Seas Cozumel Costa Maya
8th cruise 4/28/13 Allure of the Seas Eastern route
9th cruise 10/28/13 Majesty of the Seas Halloween in Key West
10th cruise 5/3/14 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean
11th cruise 4/26/15 Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean
12th cruise 4/30/16 Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
13th cruise 10/17/16 Majesty of the Seas 4 day from Bahamas
14th cruise 4/29/17 Adventure of the Seas ABC islands.
15th cruise 9/18/17 Majesty of the Seas Irma shortened cruise
16th cruise 4/27/18 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean

91 nights at Sea

21 days on an Oasis class, 19 days on a Voyager class, 19 days on a Radiance class,
19 days on a Sovereign class ship, 14 days on a Freedom class, .

Columbus, Ohio
372 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Tours Plaza is awesome! Used them a couple weeks ago and Victor was awesome. Went to the local flea market, San Gervasio, down the east coast where we saw the most stunning beaches and even a salt water croc then ate at Playa Bonita, fajitas were to die for!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~ Meg

RCI - 2013 Oasis of the Seas
RCI - 2011 Explorer of the Seas
RCI - 2009 Liberty of the Seas
Princess - 2007 Grand Princess
RCI - 2005 Explorer of the Seas
Forney, TX USA
123 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
We recently booked Tours Plaza in Cozumel and would definitely use them again! Antonio was our driver and he was very friendly and informative. We were limited on time but he helped us decide where to go and made sure we were able to see the sights that were most important to us. Highly recommend!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Liberty - Nov 19, 2016
Carnival Triumph - Nov 27, 2014
Carnival Magic - Dec 9, 2012
Carnival Conquest - July 3, 2011
Carnival Ecstasy - Nov 19, 2009
Monarch of the Seas - Nov 21, 2008
Rhapsody of the Seas - June 1, 2003
Explorer of the Seas - Nov. 23, 2002
Carnival Victory - Nov. 18, 2001
Carnival Celebration - Dec. 9, 2000
Carnival Celebration - Sept. 26, 1999
Carnival Elation - Nov. 22, 1998
Carnival Ecstasy - Nov. 24, 1997

Cheryl & David
Memphis, Tn area
25,294 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by cndwelch
We recently booked Tours Plaza in Cozumel and would definitely use them again! Antonio was our driver and he was very friendly and informative. We were limited on time but he helped us decide where to go and made sure we were able to see the sights that were most important to us. Highly recommend!
We have always used Gerry with them and he is excellent as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

COMPLETES THE FLEET

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale) ONLY Double Milestone under the age of 21 in the world.....woo hoo!!
Showing the world what a kid with Autism can do!!!
28 year old son... finally DIAMOND (college got in the way). About to "cruise more than all of us under the water" as a. Naval Officer.

Holiday Ship On A Stick with a MARBLE base...

102 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
We hired Leo on our recent cruise day and had a very nice time. Leo was very friendly and knowledgable about Mayan culture. We spent five hours with him, visiting the chocolate factory (which also had a very good speaker), San Gervasio ruins, an excellent restaurant on the water (Playa Bonita Restaurante) and some time at Playa Palancar. We were in good hands and would do it again if we had the chance.

I should add that, while Playa Bonita's infrastructure could use some work, the food and views were absolutely outstanding, particularly the shrimp tacos/quesadillas and Margaritas. Note, I'd rate the bar PG-13...

Thanks again Leo and Eduardo for a terrific visit. Don't hesitate to hire these guys to take care of you on your day in Cozumel.
Virginia
116 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
We loved our tour with Benito (Tours Plaza)

Benito was an excellent tour guide. We hired a car for a 3 hour tour in Cozumel. Benito was waiting on us when we got off the ship! The directions were superb to recognize him, and we were off on our adventure! As requested, he took us to the chocolate factory for tasting, and we also went tequila tasting. We even went to where the locals eat and had a light lunch so that we could sample authentic food. Benito had water in the car waiting for us, and he was very patient as we toured each place.

We would definitely use Tours Plaza again, and plan to next year when we revisit, and request Benito!!

Visited January 2017
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Destiny - January 2009
Carnival Victory - January 2011
Carnival Victory again - January 2012
Norwegian Sky - January 2013
Carnival Sunshine - January 2015
Carnival Victory - July 2016
Carnival Conquest - January 2017
RC Adventure of the Seas - January 2018

Carnival Sensation - January 2019
RC Jewel of the Seas - March 2019
scranton, pa, usa
311 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
We just used Tours Plaza on a cruise stop. It was a great tour! From meeting us at the port, touring the island, and returning us back was all a breeze. I would highly recommend them!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Tours Plaza & Sergio...Best Decision Ever!!!

No question that we made the perfect Cozumel 1-day plan possibleby selecting Tours Plaza and then having the tremendous good fortune of havingEduardo assign us to Sergio. Our planhad always been to spend the majority of the day on the tremendous east coastof the beautiful island. I initiallyarranged to rent a car and then remembered that it was my intention to spendmost of the day with a cold beer in my hand and realized that driving myselfcould have ugly consequences. I lookedinto the bar crawl, but since we were fortunate enough to be travelling withour just-turned-15-year-old daughter…that wasn’t an option. Luckily I happened upon Tours Plaza. I sent an E-mail with some questions andEduardo responded immediately and addressed each of my concerns. I told him how our daughter had specialneeds and that we really wanted to have a driver who would respond well andwould give her back the positive energy and affection that just naturally poursout of her. He certainly listened, aswhen we met Sergio at the front of the taxi stand at the pier (in yellow hat aspromised) we could tell that he was exactly what we needed.

Sergio made us all feel very special and listened to exactlywhat we did and didn’t want to do that day. He also gave us a tour of sites and stops that he could tell we wouldappreciate. I told him that my Dad hadbrought me to Cozumel 46 years ago and that the experience was life changingfor me as even at 11 I fell in love with the tropics and the Mexican islandculture. As a result, he took us on theroad less travel by the typical day-trippers and gave my daughter a sense ofthe real Mexico that she had longed to see (and that we had so wanted her tosee). We knew she was smitten with thetour and with Sergio when she relegated her mother and me to the back seat ofthe minivan so that she could ride up front with Sergio. I would love to tell you more about what wesaw and experienced that day, but this review is intended to focus on ToursPlaza.

Having a many-generation Cozumel native take us around wasperfect. Sergio added so much to the daythat we never left him alone and made sure he was with us at every stop, whichturned him from our driver to our true friend. He was so warm and welcoming and genuinely cared that we have the bestday possible. Our 6 hours with him wentby in a flash, and I can assure you that there was sadness and tears when hedropped us off (I think some might have been his too). Do yourself and your family a favor and bookyour priceless day(s) with Tours Plaza and I so strongly suggest that you askfor Sergio…you couldn’t possibly be disappointed. Oh, by the way, it was also a real bargaincompared to the herd-like “excursions” offered by the ships…and you get treatedlike real VIP’s. When you go, pleasetell Eduardo and Sergio that Samantha’s family will be back to see them ASAP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2481.jpg (9.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2515.jpg (11.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Cozumel Iguana.jpg (14.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeR (2).jpg (14.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeR.jpg (11.8 KB, 60 views)
Atlanta, GA
868 Posts
Joined May 2003
We recently used Tours Plaza for the second time. Used them on trips to Cozumel in both 2016 and 2017. Great service both times. Had same driver both times. Antonio (our driver) was terrific! Went to the chocolate factory, tequila factory, and a great place on the East coast of the island (beachfront) for lunch. I recommend them highly!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival - 1
NCL - 6
RCCL - 4
Majesty - 2
Princess - 3
HAL - 5
Celebrity - 2
Crystal - 2
Tennessee
23 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
We used Tours Plaza at our recent stop on Cozumel. Enrique was our driver and he gave us a great day. Pickup was on time and easy as we got off the ship, and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RC Nordic Empress 2/1991 Bahamas
RC Nordic Empress 1/1993 Bahamas
NCL Epic 6/2011 Mediterranean
NCL Sky 1/2013 Bahamas
NCL Dawn 9/2014 New England/Canada
NCL Pearl 4/2015 Caribbean
NCL Jewel 8/2015 Alaska
NCL Pearl 4/2016 Panama Canal
NCL Epic 3/17 Caribbean
Royal Princess 4/18 Transatlantic
Illinois
5 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
I have learned that when cruising the ship charges an arm and leg so I checked Tripadvisor and found Tour plaza I read a ton of reviews and thought why not give them a chance. Just wow! best decision I have ever made. right away got an email from the company explaining directions and whom are driver was. I was nervous but we got to port early from our RC Liberty of the Seas cruise and I was looking for the driver Aldo but we got Leo. Leo was beyond amazing. we got in our awesome van and discussed what we wanted to do. I truly felt safe and would recommend this company. Leo showed us around Cozumel. I asked that he take us to a school. He took us to the oldest elementary school; there where we brought a huge bag of candy and passed it out to the children they were so grateful and we went met the principal, students and teachers. we then went to San Gervasio Ruins wow so much history and Iguanas everywhere. This is a additional fee not included in the Tour. It was great and we did a self tour. The Kids loved it. Next we went to Sky Reef for some snorkeling and drinks a lots of amazing fish and fabulous food and drinks. Watch out some lady came up to ask and asked the Kids name stated she needed to know we didn't think anything about it she came back selling bracelets and we looked for there names on her board didn't see them and we stated she probably doesn't have them she brings them out in hand. We bought them but she obvious got us good so watch out. Lastly some beach time at Playa Palancar. The took a pic when we arrived and just swam for a bit came back to the Van and the people here had the picture it was actually amazing 3's pic in one. We bought it. We felt like family with Leo and left our stuff in the van when we did activities, no issues. We built trust with Leo and would love to hire him again when we come back to Cozumel. Honestly don't book with the ship do your own thing give Leo and this company a chance you wont regret it. $107 for 3 hours and $25 extra an hour was well worth it. I thought I was only gonna do 3 hours we spent 5 hours and learned so much. Thank you to Leo you became family.
Georgia
1,275 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
I am thinking about going through with this for my cruise in October. I just want to ask a question.
If we wanted to do a tour of the island obviously this is the best route. If the driver stops at places is that an additional cost? Like the Chocolate Factory, the Tequila history and Tasting Tour, the Ruins, etc. If so how much do they typically cost? I am just trying to get my information together before I tell the group what we are doing. Lol. Has anyone ever did the Turtle Nest on this tour? I bet that's cool!
Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Sky-October 2011
Norwegian Pearl-October 2012
Norwegian Dawn-November 2013
Norwegian Getaway-October 2014
Norwegian Getaway-November 2015
Carnival Glory-October 2016
Norwegian Escape-October 2017

Norwegian Breakaway-October 2019
Columbus, Ohio
372 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
If you send eduardo an email he will answer all your questions
[email protected]
They are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~ Meg

RCI - 2013 Oasis of the Seas
RCI - 2011 Explorer of the Seas
RCI - 2009 Liberty of the Seas
Princess - 2007 Grand Princess
RCI - 2005 Explorer of the Seas
Nevada
6,870 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
The tequila tour was free, but you don't actually see any tequila being made. You just see some displays of old-style processing items, then go to the showroom for a tasting, where you can buy the tequila. They only have the one liter bottles, no smaller ones. And the cheapest was $55, so a little steep IMHO.

And at the chocolate factory, it depends if you take the full tour or just get the little talk about how chocolate is made. The talk is $2, and since we didn't do the tour, I can't say what the price is, but I think it was maybe $20. They did give out a nice amount of samples, so well worth $2.
Georgia
1,275 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Thanks ya'll!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Sky-October 2011
Norwegian Pearl-October 2012
Norwegian Dawn-November 2013
Norwegian Getaway-October 2014
Norwegian Getaway-November 2015
Carnival Glory-October 2016