Original Regal Princess

SouthLyonCruiser

The original Regal Princess. It was my first cruise on Princess Cruise Lines. San Francisco r/t to Alaska!

RegalPrincess01.jpg

She's our all-time favorite Princess ship! We had cruised multiple times oh her.

What a beauty!

Hi,

Yes, the original Regal Princess was a great ship. I did a seven-day Southern Caribbean cruise on this ship in December 1995. The staterooms on this ship were large.

During this cruise, we were docked next to the original Star Princess in St. Croix. Also, the original Crown Princess was in St. Thomas during our stop. As passengers of the Regal Princess, we were encouraged to visit the other Princess ships when we were in port together. I took advantage of this and visited both the Star Princess and Crown Princess. The ships were decorated for the holidays and I greatly enjoyed touring the other ships. Of course, this would no longer be possible due to security concerns.

Chuck

Loved the original Regal Princess. She was one of only two Princess ships with solo cabins. They were large and I loved the location on deck 4, Fiesta deck.

b71436a5f9351e975572c0fa0db7b64d.jpg

She also had a swim-up bar as well as a lounge designed just for dancing with a central dropped floor.

We sailed her back in 2003 in the Baltic. Lovely ship. Great cruise. One thing I remember is having a complete power failure for about 3 hours while at sea. No propulsion, no lights, no flushing toilets, nada. Didn't impact our enjoyment of the cruise at all. Ship's engineers rectified the problem and we got back underway none the worse for wear.

Mine too. I was lucky enough to sail on her several times including her last voyage as a princess ship.

We were on that 15 day trip to Hawaii. Our room flooded on deck 11 at 2 in the morning the first night when a 6 inch pipe broke in the pool equipment room across the hall.

It was my understanding the the ship transferred to P&O and sailed to Australia after we got off in LA Aug 2007 (Oops not Dec 2005, that was the Island on that cruise).

My first Princess cruise was aboard the original Regal Princess in 2003. Hawaiian circle out of San Pedro over Christmas and New Year.

We love that itinerary. If I hadn't gone through all 4 of our FCDs each I'd go look for another.