Norwegian Breakaway Latest Reviews not good

bbnjcruiser

I understand that the reviews by passengers who went through the storm would be not stellar but it seems the reviews of the cruise following are quite concerning. Is anyone aboard? Are the staff happy? Is the ship in a good state of repair?

Reviews over here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=642

One cruise ended with a storm. The following cruise started in the aftermath, left late and missed ports. Inevitably you're going to get some bad reviews. Yet, on both cruises, many had a great time.

Those on the current sailing have been reporting that they're having a good trip. There are hardly any reminders left of the storm's impact. Even all the slides are reportedly back up and running! (rumors were flying that those wouldn't be fixed until dry dock).

Bottom line: The Breakaway and her crew seem to be doing just fine.

One bad review you can dismiss, 5 in a row is harder to dismiss

Yup. And that's because people insist that the cruise line be able to control the weather, the winds, and the sea state and run cruises exactly as planned 100% of the time. The ship was late leaving NYC for the second voyage in a row due to weather and caused changes in itinerary. That is 100% consistent with the contract every cruiser signs on every cruise on every cruise line.

I can easily dismiss the complainers since I sailed on the Breakaway recently and had no issues.

We were also on a cruise last year that changed 100% of the planned ports to avoid the hurricanes. We had to repacked our bathing suits for fall coats the night before the cruise. And we were perfectly happy with the revised cruise. And didn't post a bunch of negative reviews complaining about the inability of the cruise line to control the weather.

I agree, don't believe everything you read. Thanks for the link though, some of those reviews were laugh out loud ridiculous. I'll be on the Breakaway in March, I'll post a review. I have no worries and know I will have a great time.

We will be on the Breakaway this May for the Baltic itinerary. Not worried. Completed 10 cruises to date, we find NCL to be our favorite. We are easy going people so we dont let small things ruin the cruise.

Edited by alvin18

We will be on the Breakaway this May for the Baltic itinerary. Not worried. Completed 10 cruises to date, we find NCL to be our favorite. We are easy going people so we dont let small things ruin the cruise.

Leaving on the Breakaway this Friday.

DITTO!;)

Don:cool:

I sailed on the BA her first year, and am signed up for a fourth sailing in March. Just so you know, people have been complaining about her since her first voyage. The atrium is too small, there's too much smoke, you can't book any shows blah blah blah. You'll have a good time if you decide to. If you find fault with everything, you will. I'm not concerned at all.

I don't like to plan for a vacation. If dining is crowded, I go somewhere else, or have another drink while I wait.

If a show is sold out and I want to see it, I wait at the door and get a last minute seat (there are always some).

As for those who complain about food, seriously, try an AI. We like to do them to change it up every once in awhile, but honestly, the worst food on a cruise ship is 10 times better than that.

DH and I are headed out for $2100 CANADIAN, all in , taxes, port fees, only the DSC to pay. The nearest I could come with an AI (4 star, because I'm a chicken) was $3000 Canadian. I'd pay 2100 to sit in the sun and eat Lean Cuisine. I'm paying for the sun and that blue, blue water, and, if the gods smile on me, a Vibe pass.

The BA will be fine, your cruise will be what you make of it. I hope you have a super, super time! :D:D

We will be too!. And my motto is ....just get me to SPB.

Have you joined Jim's roll call yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

This just to give you an idea of why people give negative reviews. I was on the Escape in December, Western Caribbean, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and GSC on the itinerary. Well, after Grand Cayman, there was a medical emergency, and we had to go west to Cozumel. It meant skipping GSC. You should have heard all the complaining about skipping a port they were looking forward to. Stuff happens. Not the ship's fault.

I haven’t sailed on the breakaway; but I sailed on the jade last year. On our cruise I would agree that the food and drinks were below my expectations. It didn’t ruin my cruise but was a bit disappointing. I thoroughly enjoyed the buffet for breakfast, lunch, and snacks as well as the specialty and non-mdr complimentary dining. For the mdr I found the apps/soups/salads excellent but the entrees hit or miss. So ended getting two apps every day so if the entree was bad I wouldn’t leave hungry. Also found that 9 times out of 10, if you ordered a drink included w the UBP (something on the cocktail menu, not a rum and coke); it came out of a pre-mixed container and was just ok. None of these things ruined our cruise, but do believe reviews that mention those issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When reading reviews I always look for consistent pluses and minuses, not just good or bad reviews, and make my decisions based on those alone. Sometimes consistent bad or good reviews mark up or down for things that I don't really care about and I take that into consideration.

I am just disappointed that Cruise Critic eliminated the ability to "click" in number of reviews from a reviewer so that I can see whether the reviewer always complains or always compliment. I contacted Cruise Critic about this and never received a reply.

I sailed on the BA her first year, and am signed up for a fourth sailing in March. Just so you know, people have been complaining about her since her first voyage. The atrium is too small, there's too much smoke, you can't book any shows blah blah blah. You'll have a good time if you decide to. If you find fault with everything, you will. I'm not concerned at all.

I don't like to plan for a vacation. If dining is crowded, I go somewhere else, or have another drink while I wait.

If a show is sold out and I want to see it, I wait at the door and get a last minute seat (there are always some).

As for those who complain about food, seriously, try an AI. We like to do them to change it up every once in awhile, but honestly, the worst food on a cruise ship is 10 times better than that.

DH and I are headed out for $2100 CANADIAN, all in , taxes, port fees, only the DSC to pay. The nearest I could come with an AI (4 star, because I'm a chicken) was $3000 Canadian. I'd pay 2100 to sit in the sun and eat Lean Cuisine. I'm paying for the sun and that blue, blue water, and, if the gods smile on me, a Vibe pass.

The BA will be fine, your cruise will be what you make of it. I hope you have a super, super time! :D:D

We’re scheduled for our 3rd trip on the BA in March, we’ve also sailed in her sister ship the Getaway. We totally agree with you, the BA is not perfect, atrium is too small, not enough pool area, etc...But you can’t beat the price out of NYC, we’re booked for barely $2k which includes UBP and prepaid tips. It’s all what you make of it, go with the flow and have a great time!!!

When reading reviews I always look for consistent pluses and minuses, not just good or bad reviews, and make my decisions based on those alone. Sometimes consistent bad or good reviews mark up or down for things that I don't really care about and I take that into consideration.

I am just disappointed that Cruise Critic eliminated the ability to "click" in number of reviews from a reviewer so that I can see whether the reviewer always complains or always compliment. I contacted Cruise Critic about this and never received a reply.

I tried this too. The posters are listed, with the number of reviews and even number of forum posts. But I tried to look up two of them, and they are not listed in the members list at all on the boards, which made me even more suspicious of the validity of the reviews. When reviews continually list the same things, in the same writing style, the cynic in me starts to question things.

I understand that the reviews by passengers who went through the storm would be not stellar but it seems the reviews of the cruise following are quite concerning. Is anyone aboard? Are the staff happy? Is the ship in a good state of repair?

Reviews over here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=642

why is this bothering you so much? Do you have a cruise booked on them in the near future?

We cruised them last spring: we had terrible weather: the ship had a total of 2254 kids on it and we are not lovers of mega ships. Still we would sail them again if we found an itinerary that excited us.

It is always easier to write negatives than positives. We all expect to have a good time so we often don't bother to write about it, but when something goes wrong we love to rant about everything. This is human nature.

If you are so concerned just find another ship that will meet your expectations. I have learned a long time ago not to pay much attention to reviews.

This just to give you an idea of why people give negative reviews. I was on the Escape in December, Western Caribbean, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and GSC on the itinerary. Well, after Grand Cayman, there was a medical emergency, and we had to go west to Cozumel. It meant skipping GSC. You should have heard all the complaining about skipping a port they were looking forward to. Stuff happens. Not the ship's fault.

similar to what happened to us on the Jewel when they made their first sailing from Dover to NYC We had to miss a port because of strong winds and rain. You would have thought the world had just come to an end. The management gave us a free 1 hour open bar, and of course we got our port charges back People were complaining because the open bar didn't do them any good cause they don't drink and the winds weren't that bad. Others carried on cause the bars were crowded. This when on for at least another day. They didn't think about the safety of the passengers.

Heading out on Breakaway for 14 day cruise Friday. Will be our 4th trip on her. Can't wait! :)

Most of the reviews are bogus. There is no such thing as a perfect cruise but when people incessantly cry about so many things the reviews lack total credibility.

Hope everyone enjoys all of their next cruises on Breakaway...I know I will!