I've Been Away. Shame, shame!

jhannah

It has been nine years since we have sailed a Princess ship. (Been elsewhere, on three different lines.) We've been on the Sea, Regal (original), Coral, Diamond, and Island. Next up will be Caribbean Princess. I know everything changes somewhat over time, but what do you see as some more significant changes we'll see on the CB vs. our earlier sailings?

It has been nine years since we have sailed a Princess ship. (Been elsewhere, on three different lines.) We've been on the Sea, Regal (original), Coral, Diamond, and Island. Next up will be Caribbean Princess. I know everything changes somewhat over time, but what do you see as some more significant changes we'll see on the CB vs. our earlier sailings?

We were on the Caribbean P. in January. We thought it was a very well run ship. Of the ship's you have been on the Caribbean is closest to the Diamond. Check out the deck plans.

Here are some things you may not have encountered nine years ago.

Anytime Dining

International Cafe, no charge

More expensive drinks prices

Daily Hotel Charge ( auto-tip)

New production shows (warning arrive 45 mins to 1 hour early for the 8PM hour shows, a little less time is required for the 10PM hour shows).

New specialty dining choices, Crown Grill, $29/pp, Sabatini's, $25/pp, Planks, $12/pp, Steamers, $12/pp

Vines Wine Bar

Expanded menus at the poolside Pizza and Grill (no charge)

Much improved buffet in both food access, seating and layout.

On boarding your cabin may not be ready until 12:30/1pm.

No DR lunch served on port days.

Free pub lunch at the Crown Grill on some sea days.

Premier Beverage Package available for $68.99/day

Special Dining experiences: Chef's Table, Ultimate Balcony Dining

Thanks, sknight. Sounds reasonable. We've seen some of those things on other lines. We really enjoyed Diamond. I know we're going to enjoy CB.

There is one more deck of passengers compared to the Diamond Princess. Space ratio is not as good.

A lot depends on where you strayed. If you went on lines that are not as good as Princess, coming back should be refreshing. I said we did not want to sail on the CB when it first came out. All those extra passengers and no significant expansion of public space did not make sense to me. But we ended up taking five cruises on the CB in a row and had a great time on all of them.

The dry dock last spring improved the buffet. It's still not as good as the buffets on the Royal and Regal, but the flow and options are better than they were.

It has been nine years since we have sailed a Princess ship. (Been elsewhere, on three different lines.) We've been on the Sea, Regal (original), Coral, Diamond, and Island. Next up will be Caribbean Princess.

In the nine years you have been away, Caribbean has continued to age...

Caribbean was probably the worst of the grand class ships. It added all the extra people, without

really adding any extra space.

At least with Ruby/Emerald/Crown, extra space was added with Adigio/Sabatinis.

Probably time for it to go to Australia.

(no offense to the people there, just observing princess' past behaviour)