Barcelona Hotel Jazz or Apsis Atrium Palace

Has anyone been to Barcelona and seen both hotels? Prices are similiar. Which would you recommend? Jazz is 100 Euros and Apsis is 115. Appreciate feedback.

I have the Hotel Jazz booked at the 100 Euro rate, but where did you find the Apsis Atrium Palace for 115? Last time I looked it was 140 Euro for a double.

The descripton of both hotels sound great, and the reviews of both are equally great on tripadvisor.com. I'm with you in wondering which might be better. If they are only 15 Euro apart, then the decision has become even harder.

We just returned from our Med cruise & we stayed at the Apsis Atrium and absolutely loved it!! The rooms are very modern, comfortable & clean! They have a internet room that is free to use 24 hours. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

#67 September 26th, 2004, 11:25 AM

Luvcrusin'

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Oct 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just returned from our cruise in the Med aboard the Millinnium. We did a pre-cruise in Barcelona and stayed at the Atrium Palace. It was wonderful!! The rooms were very clean & comfortable. It was perfectly located for getting around. The staff was very helpful. We were able to keep in touch via email from their internet room (free of charge).

Someone asked if the beds were hard....the answer is yes, BUT for whatever reason, we slept like babies!!! There were six of us (3 couples) and we all exclaimed the same thing, that sleeping was not a problem!! Maybe they know something we don't!!

Don't hesitate to book your rooms there....it was great!

Kathy

MILLINNIUM 9/6/04

Just back from the Med and stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacette. Great location, rooms small but fine. Paid 130 euroes a night. Had a beautilful big eating and sitting area with 3 balconies. Also had a 24hr buffett featuring all kinds of really good fruit, cheese, breads, jams, omlettes, eggs, cereals, bottled water, soft drinks, beer, coffee, tea etc.etc. Also free internet. I would recommend it and definately stay there again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm booked in the Hotel Apsis Atrium Palace for one night on 18 September @ 130e/ni. Hoping someone will post their experiences on a recent visit before then but if not, I'll post in October when I return.

I'm booked in the Hotel Apsis Atrium Palace for one night on 18 September @ 130e/ni. Hoping someone will post their experiences on a recent visit before then but if not, I'll post in October when I return.

Look forward to your post. I'm booked there Oct 11 for 2 nights.

• 3 months later...

we just came back from the grand princess and stayed at hotel jazz for a 3 day pre-cruise stay. it was fabulous! our rate was 105 euros - the rooms were clean, quite spacious, and the metro was not that disturbing. the location was great too - in the city centre, not on a quiet side street....

• 1 month later...

stayed @ Apsis Atrium Palace for 9/18 pre-cruise stay. Celebrity used it for pre/post cruisers as well. Didn't feel like previous reviewers who said it was a "madhouse" b'c of the Celebrity pre/post cruisers; in fact, it seemed very well organized and not a madhouse at all even though there were many guests in residence.

The Apsis is a very modern hotel, very upscale, with very nice amenities and full breakfast options but... the bed was as hard as a rock! Sleeping on the floor would've been just as comfortable! I asked if they had a feather bed or some type of cushioning I could put on the bed but all they could offer was a BLANKET! (I'm not sure how they thought that would help.) Anyway, I ordered 4 extra pillows and slept on TOP OF the pillows. The mattress was like a spring mattress on a frame - no boxspring/mattress combo like we're used to here in the USA. So, I'd recommend that you ask about the bedding b4 you decide which hotel to book. If you can stand the bed - it's a GREAT hotel in a GREAT location!

• 3 months later...

Any recent comparisons between these 2 hotels? The reports of the hard beds at the Atrium palace concern me. But, the Atrium Palace seems a little nicer than Hotel Jazz. Hotel Jazz seems a little closer to Plaza Catalunya (?). Room rates are very similar when we are going.

Archived