Paradise 9/11 Sailing out of Tampa

iBrandon3

I saw that. I couldn't imagine anyone trying to get down there in the next few days. Who knows the extent of the damage and when power will be restored once that goes out. Please everyone, stay safe!

I'm scheduled for the September 16 cruise and I'm not sure if that will be a go either.

Ugh. Just have to wait and see. Hope it all works out. I think not knowing is worse than a definitive answer either way.

It is stressful, but my first wish would be that people and their pets are safe from harm. Cruises can come later. God bless everyone in the path of the storm.

It is stressful, but my first wish would be that people and their pets are safe from harm. Cruises can come later. God bless everyone in the path of the storm.

Thank you. The storm stayed east of us so the Tampa area was spared the worst but about half our county is without power. Not sure when my company will reopen but I read the port opens today. I hope Paradise will be able to get back in. Gas is an issue too with thousands on the road trying to get back home.

Has the water even returned to Tampa Bay yet?

That was definitely some of the more interesting effects of the approach of Irma. People were out walking on the bay bottom.

There were warnings not to go too far out as the water would come back in (not as a tsunami, but fast with the storm surge adding to the volume).

Our cable went out Sunday night, so I did not see anymore. However, according to the radio, power outages are wide spread in Tampa.

Some of the rivers are still cresting so flooding is still a possibility in the area.

You and carnival signed a contract to go to Cuba. If Carnival decides to cruise somewhere else, mainly to avoid refunds, I would think this would be a breach of contract on their part. Tampa did not get hit that hard but I read that parts of Havana were flooded and many old buildings sustained wind damage mainly due to lack of upkeep.

We're going 10/5/17. Hope things are somewhat back to normal................. for a communis country.

You and carnival signed a contract to go to Cuba. If Carnival decides to cruise somewhere else, mainly to avoid refunds, I would think this would be a breach of contract on their part. Tampa did not get hit that hard but I read that parts of Havana were flooded and many old buildings sustained wind damage mainly due to lack of upkeep..

Be sure to read your cruise contract before making too many assumptions.

Y Tampa did not get hit that hard

Seriously, "not hit that hard." Anyone who lives here has been warned that while Tampa dodged a Cat 5 and things could be much worse, it was still a Cat 2 hurricane as it came through Tampa. We also knew that while there would be damage, there would also be problems from the storm's effects as it moved north (I don't have time to give a talk on the quadrants of the storm) in the forms of storm surge and river flooding.

According to the news this morning, there is still wide spread power outages, some of the rivers have crested yesterday or will be cresting today with flooding. Gasoline is still in short supply and some areas are still closed to anyone not with emergency services.

So, what is your definition of "not that hard?"

Seriously, "not hit that hard." Anyone who lives here has been warned that while Tampa dodged a Cat 5 and things could be much worse, it was still a Cat 2 hurricane as it came through Tampa. We also knew that while there would be damage, there would also be problems from the storm's effects as it moved north (I don't have time to give a talk on the quadrants of the storm) in the forms of storm surge and river flooding.

According to the news this morning, there is still wide spread power outages, some of the rivers have crested yesterday or will be cresting today with flooding. Gasoline is still in short supply and some areas are still closed to anyone not with emergency services.

So, what is your definition of "not that hard?"

I agree what's your definition of "not that hard"? We were on the 9/7 Cuba sailing and arrived in Tampa yesterday morning. We then traveled home by car to Va Beach. So many without power, safe water, etc., plus the number of power trucks, clean up companies, salvation army trucks, red cross disaster relief trucks, etc. was surreal. Most of all exits off I95 in GA were closed with state police and national guard stopping exiting unless you had a badge for emergency response.

YOUR Carnival Paradise will indeed be sailing on 9/16 however with a modified itinerary from calls to Key West/Cozumel to Grand Cayman/Cozumel.

#CarnivalFamily

Do you work for Carnival? Do you know what's happening on the Sept 21st Paradise sailing?

Thanks

Do you work for Carnival? Do you know what's happening on the Sept 21st Paradise sailing?

Thanks

We are also on the 9-21 sailing looking for information. I know the Tampa airport is open, the Port of Tampa is open with the Paradise tied up to the pier. Our hotel is open for business, the unknown is Havana. I read that there is a travel warning for Cuba, https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/cuba-travel-warning.html

We will know everything next week.