Is Club class worth it?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:45 AM.
137 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
We were thoroughly impressed with Club Class. Ordered the special entree most nights and OH BOY were they amazing.

I was expecting a table-side cooked pasta, but was completely wrong. Every night was a spin on one of the mains in the dining room, the night they had shrimp, we had HUGE scallops, with polenta (who knew corn grits could be so decedent? RAVE). Another night, main had sirloin steak, while we received New York strip. Every single night was an amazing surprise. One time our food and beverage supervisor Nicola, had planned an entree, but the protein wasn't up to his standard, so was changed after ordering. Everything was cooked to perfection, hot foods HOT, cold foods ICY.

Our smallest whim was immediately addressed. One night I wanted the brussel sprouts from a different entree as my appetizer. Nicola had the servers bring fresh brussel sprouts and cooked them for me, another night I wanted extra asparagus. Same situation.

We used to go to the crown grill several times during the cruise, now we only go to the free suite one on the first night as the club class dining was so impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I felt like an impostor. We are working class, but since we discovered the window suites, those are cheaper than most mini-suites, with 1 1/2 times the size, and 3 times the size of a standard inside or oceanview, no balcony, but I'd rather have the space inside. We travel with at least one of our adult children (next cruise has both of them, I guess we'll figure out the sleeping arrangements).

I burst the zipper on my dress on a formal night, moments after we were seated, never felt more redneck. Nylon side zipper, you know how easy they pop. Ate dinner, with a napkin tucked into my underarm. Returned the napkin after going back to the room and easily popping the zipper back. What's strange is the dress was looser than it's been in years, I guess when I picked up my dropped napkin it was the wrong angle.

But I'm getting off track. Club Class, LOVE IT. Then again, I'd sleep in a crew members closet to get on a ship!
SF Bay Area, CA
1,813 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by az2sea
Quote: "Anytime Dining is not available on Pacific Princess but Club Class guests will have first priority in choosing their preferred seating time for Club Class Dining."

Defeats the concept of Club Class Dining. The idea was to eat when you wish not a set time, along with a designated section and entrance, plus additional items on the menu and table side preparation.

I've seen Club Class on the Emerald and how it functions. In addition to the above, the tables are set with gray linen, napkins and nicer settings. Majority of the tables were for two and then four diners. Fancier than the MDR area (thought it was pretty cool).

Having been on the Pacific Princess in the past, I just can't see how it would work in a traditional dining setting. But maybe they figured something out. I'll find out real soon since we will be on her the beginning of June.
Please let us know how CC is on the Pacific Princess, we are on the sailing after you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheryl
03/13/19 Majestic Princess - New Zealand RT from Sydney
12/22/18 Silversea Cloud Expedition - Antarctica RT from Ushuaia
09/15/18 Majestic Princess - Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia RT from Sydney
07/05/18 Grand Princess - Alaska RT from SF
10/15/17 Grand Princess - California Coastal RT from SF
06/27/17 Pacific Princess - Norway, Spitsbergen, Murmansk RT from Dover
12/17/16 Royal Clipper - BVI Christmas Cruise RT from Barbados Pictures
04/02/16 Grand Princess - Hawaii RT from San Francisco Pictures
10/17/15 Grand Princess - CA Coastal RT from SF Pictures
01/03/15 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT from SF Pictures
04/06/14 Grand Princess - California Coastal RT from SF
02/08/13 Ocean Princess - French Polynesia RT from Papeete
09/24/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/16/12 Island Princess - Alaska Inside Passage RT from Vancouver
05/13/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal
09/24/11 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/19/11 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
10/04/10 Island Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/22/10 Sea Princess - Alaska RT from SF
04/17/09 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT from SF
05/19/08 Coral Princess - Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers Southbound
05/12/08 Coral Princess - Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers Northbound
01/16/07 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia & Marquesas Islands
05/26/06 Regal Princess - Alaska RT San Francisco (Haines, Sitka)
05/12/05 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
04/24/05 RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean RT from Miami
04/17/04 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia & Cook Islands
04/19/03 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT Long Beach
06/08/02 RCI Radiance of the Seas - Alaska RT from Vancouver
04/22/01 RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean RT from Miami
SF Bay Area, CA
1,813 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by justafem
We were thoroughly impressed with Club Class. Ordered the special entree most nights and OH BOY were they amazing.

I was expecting a table-side cooked pasta, but was completely wrong. Every night was a spin on one of the mains in the dining room, the night they had shrimp, we had HUGE scallops, with polenta (who knew corn grits could be so decedent? RAVE). Another night, main had sirloin steak, while we received New York strip. Every single night was an amazing surprise. One time our food and beverage supervisor Nicola, had planned an entree, but the protein wasn't up to his standard, so was changed after ordering. Everything was cooked to perfection, hot foods HOT, cold foods ICY.

Our smallest whim was immediately addressed. One night I wanted the brussel sprouts from a different entree as my appetizer. Nicola had the servers bring fresh brussel sprouts and cooked them for me, another night I wanted extra asparagus. Same situation.

We used to go to the crown grill several times during the cruise, now we only go to the free suite one on the first night as the club class dining was so impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I felt like an impostor. We are working class, but since we discovered the window suites, those are cheaper than most mini-suites, with 1 1/2 times the size, and 3 times the size of a standard inside or oceanview, no balcony, but I'd rather have the space inside. We travel with at least one of our adult children (next cruise has both of them, I guess we'll figure out the sleeping arrangements).

I burst the zipper on my dress on a formal night, moments after we were seated, never felt more redneck. Nylon side zipper, you know how easy they pop. Ate dinner, with a napkin tucked into my underarm. Returned the napkin after going back to the room and easily popping the zipper back. What's strange is the dress was looser than it's been in years, I guess when I picked up my dropped napkin it was the wrong angle.

But I'm getting off track. Club Class, LOVE IT. Then again, I'd sleep in a crew members closet to get on a ship!
Thank you for your thorough review. Eagerly anticipating CC Dining on our Pacific Princess sailing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheryl
03/13/19 Majestic Princess - New Zealand RT from Sydney
12/22/18 Silversea Cloud Expedition - Antarctica RT from Ushuaia
09/15/18 Majestic Princess - Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia RT from Sydney
07/05/18 Grand Princess - Alaska RT from SF
10/15/17 Grand Princess - California Coastal RT from SF
06/27/17 Pacific Princess - Norway, Spitsbergen, Murmansk RT from Dover
12/17/16 Royal Clipper - BVI Christmas Cruise RT from Barbados Pictures
04/02/16 Grand Princess - Hawaii RT from San Francisco Pictures
10/17/15 Grand Princess - CA Coastal RT from SF Pictures
01/03/15 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT from SF Pictures
04/06/14 Grand Princess - California Coastal RT from SF
02/08/13 Ocean Princess - French Polynesia RT from Papeete
09/24/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/16/12 Island Princess - Alaska Inside Passage RT from Vancouver
05/13/12 Star Princess - Pacific Coastal
09/24/11 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/19/11 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
10/04/10 Island Princess - Pacific Coastal
05/22/10 Sea Princess - Alaska RT from SF
04/17/09 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT from SF
05/19/08 Coral Princess - Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers Southbound
05/12/08 Coral Princess - Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers Northbound
01/16/07 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia & Marquesas Islands
05/26/06 Regal Princess - Alaska RT San Francisco (Haines, Sitka)
05/12/05 Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal
04/24/05 RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean RT from Miami
04/17/04 Tahitian Princess - French Polynesia & Cook Islands
04/19/03 Star Princess - Mexican Riviera RT Long Beach
06/08/02 RCI Radiance of the Seas - Alaska RT from Vancouver
04/22/01 RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean RT from Miami
South Carolina
28,470 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Originally posted by cflutist
Thank you for your thorough review. Eagerly anticipating CC Dining on our Pacific Princess sailing.
Per the above ... We add our Thanks!
We've looking forward to CC Dining!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)