TO: All those STILL having problems getting double points from Barclay

rgmacm

I called again today and got the points on the remainder of our Princess Visa spending for our upcoming Princess cruises doubled. That was all well and good. The surprise came when I learned that, despite having over $20000 in spending on Princess cruises alone in the past few months, the largest single charge was "only" $3900. This means that we are getting a statement credit for just 1.5% (I think) of the points instead of 2% (which we would have received on all the points if just one single charge was at least $4000).

The reward is only very slightly larger than we would have received in the 'good old days' before this wonderful new system. And I didn't have to spend an hour on the phone to make it happen then either.

I have a feeling change is coming our way.

Your percentage should be based off your spend in the last 120 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each redeemtion for a statement credit is redeemed against a single travel purchase within the previous 180 days, and the percentage provided depends on the amount of that single travel purchase. Also, I belive you can only make a single redemption against each travel purchase.

To get the maximum benefit (2% redemption), you have to have a single Princess purchase of $4,001 or more within the previous 180 days. Also, if you don't have multiple Princess purchases of this amount, you may want to wait until the 180 days are almost expired to redeem as many points as possible at one time.

Since nearly all of my cruise final payments are $4,001 or more, I don't have a problem finding a Princess purchase to redeem for the 2% statement credit. I don't redeem against FCD purchases, Princess Vacation Protection pre-purchases, shore excursion pre-purchases, or cruise on-board folio payments, since they are usually less than $4,001.

Each redeemtion for a statement credit is redeemed against a single travel purchase within the previous 180 days, and the percentage provided depends on the amount of that single travel purchase. Also, I belive you can only make a single redemption against each travel purchase.

To get the maximum benefit (2% redemption), you have to have a single Princess purchase of $4,001 or more within the previous 180 days. Also, if you don't have multiple Princess purchases of this amount, you may want to wait until the 180 days are almost expired to redeem as many points as possible at one time.

Since nearly all of my cruise final payments are $4,001 or more, I don't have a problem finding a Princess purchase to redeem for the 2% statement credit. I don't redeem against FCD purchases, Princess Vacation Protection pre-purchases, shore excursion pre-purchases, or cruise on-board folio payments, since they are usually less than $4,001.

Navyveteran; please explain something to this old Marine; I have always been under the impression that for Princess purchases you get double points, example pay for a cruise that totals 5,000, you get 10,000 "Points" that can then be redeemed for credit toward your statement. We just paid off our November cruises $4551.00 and $2256.00 and we received 13614 "points" nothing else. Simple enough, until I read your post: what is the $4001.00 or more thing and the 2% thing? If we paid off a cruise and owed 2,000 we got 4,000 points, period. Am I missing out on something? Thanks and please remember you are educating an "old Marine" so use small words :D

Navyveteran; please explain something to this old Marine; I have always been under the impression that for Princess purchases you get double points, example pay for a cruise that totals 5,000, you get 10,000 "Points" that can then be redeemed for credit toward your statement. We just paid off our November cruises $4551.00 and $2256.00 and we received 13614 "points" nothing else. Simple enough, until I read your post: what is the $4001.00 or more thing and the 2% thing? If we paid off a cruise and owed 2,000 we got 4,000 points, period. Am I missing out on something? Thanks and please remember you are educating an "old Marine" so use small words :D

I am not Navyveteran but I will try to clear up the confusion. If you spend a dollar with Princess you do get 2 points. When you decide to redeem your points for statement credit the amount of credit you get will vary depending on what travel purchase you select to redeem against. The amount will vary from 1% if you redeem against the purchase of an airline ticket to 2% if you redeem against a Princess purchase of $4,001 or more. Example: You want to redeem 20,000 points against a $6,000 purchase of a Princess cruise. This purchase will qualify for a 2% redemption rate so the amount of statement credit you will get will be 2% of the number of points you are redeeming. 2% of 20,000 is 400. Your statement credit will be $400

I am not Navyveteran but I will try to clear up the confusion. If you spend a dollar with Princess you do get 2 points. When you decide to redeem your points for statement credit the amount of credit you get will vary depending on what travel purchase you select to redeem against. The amount will vary from 1% if you redeem against the purchase of an airline ticket to 2% if you redeem against a Princess purchase of $4,001 or more. Example: You want to redeem 20,000 points against a $6,000 purchase of a Princess cruise. This purchase will qualify for a 2% redemption rate so the amount of statement credit you will get will be 2% of the number of points you are redeeming. 2% of 20,000 is 400. Your statement credit will be $400

Please don't ever repeat what I am about to say and if you do I will flatly deny: GOT IT!! Took a Sailor to explain it, but this Marine got it. Thanks nukesubsailor.

Please don't ever repeat what I am about to say and if you do I will flatly deny: GOT IT!! Took a Sailor to explain it, but this Marine got it. Thanks nukesubsailor.

I was getting ready to reply when I saw that nukesubsailor already did.

Nukesubsailor, what are you doing cruising on a surface ship? I thought there were only two kinds of ships - subs and targets.:)

Nukesubsailor, what are you doing cruising on a surface ship? I thought there were only two kinds of ships - subs and targets.:)

Believe it or not but cruising on a Princess ship is more fun and more comfortable than cruising on a submarine with the exception of during rough weather. If you submerge deep enough during a storm, the ride is smooth.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anytime. After all, the Marine Corps is part of the Navy. Part of my Navy career was in the Seabees and had me at a Marine Corps air base for a couple of weeks. When we were at quarters formation in the mornings we would see the Marines running their morning laps. One night at the Staff NCO club a Marine asked one of us why we did not run every day. Apparently, replying that the Seabees trained to fight, not run was not an acceptable answer. I left the club early that evening.

Anytime. After all, the Marine Corps is part of the Navy. Part of my Navy career was in the Seabees and had me at a Marine Corps air base for a couple of weeks. When we were at quarters formation in the mornings we would see the Marines running their morning laps. One night at the Staff NCO club a Marine asked one of us why we did not run every day. Apparently, replying that the Seabees trained to fight, not run was not an acceptable answer. I left the club early that evening.

Wise choice, very wise choice. :D

Happy to report that I made a final payment on an upcoming Princess cruise today and for the first time in a LONG time I actually received double points automatically, without having to call anybody. The website was down for several hours for maintenance before I made the payment so maybe they have finally corrected the problem. (y)

Happy to report that I made a final payment on an upcoming Princess cruise today and for the first time in a LONG time I actually received double points automatically, without having to call anybody. The website was down for several hours for maintenance before I made the payment so maybe they have finally corrected the problem. (y)

Same here!

The manager that I spoke to in regards to not receiving double point for our July payment told me they have resolved the problem.

Sure enough we made a payment last week for a November cruise and I received the double points on my card.

We also got an unannounced visit from the upgrade fairy and we went from an inside cabin to an obstructed outside cabin with a balcony at no charge.:)

Howard

Glad to see that they have fixed the problem with the double points. However, be aware that they are still having an issue with posting your Princess purchases on the "purchases available for redemption" page where you can redeem points for statement credit. We paid off a cruise several weeks back that was over 4,500.00 and it hasn't shown up yet on the site to be able to redeem at 2%. Hubby made a call to Barclays and was told that there was a problem with posting the purchases but they could take care of it on the phone. She told him that chances were not good that it would appear on the statement page any time soon. Now, the problem is for those who don't realize that a Princess purchase of 4,001.00 and above entitles you to 2% of all of your points. Had I not know this, I would have redeemed points that were listed under a Carnival cruise payment which was only 2,400.00 and lost a LOT of money. Just something to be aware of if you go online to redeem your points for statement credit.

It used to be so easy: so many points got you so much statement credit or bought you so many onboard amenities; no nonsense about how much was spent or when. They should have just left it alone--it worked fine. I used to pay for everything with the Princess Rewards card; now I don't use it for anything but Princess--and I'm close to giving that up too; don't need the hassle.

Good news: The double points issue seems to be resolved. I only received single points on my last statement (09/12/2017) - I had to call the telephone number to get my double points. However, i made three charges to PRINCESS CRUISES PASSAGE on 09/17/2017 and they all show online with the correct double points. I hope this means that the problem is really fixed.

Bad news: The Princess purchases still don't show up as available to use for a Statement Credit. I will have to call to get my 2% statement credit for a purchase over $4,001 not showing as available. Since I just called for a statement credit last month, I probably won't be requesting another one for several months, so I will wait and see.

It seems strange that their software nowrecognizes the Princess purchases for the double points but not for the statement credit redemption.

Same here!

The manager that I spoke to in regards to not receiving double point for our July payment told me they have resolved the problem.

Sure enough we made a payment last week for a November cruise and I received the double points on my card.

We also got an unannounced visit from the upgrade fairy and we went from an inside cabin to an obstructed outside cabin with a balcony at no charge.:)

Howard

Not resolved on my September statement. I have three charges to Princess, and all show 1x points. I messaged them through "contact us" on the website but haven't received a reply, so I'll probably have to call....again......

Not resolved on my September statement. I have three charges to Princess, and all show 1x points. I messaged them through "contact us" on the website but haven't received a reply, so I'll probably have to call....again......

As I stated above, it was not resolved on my September statement either. But it seems to be resolved on the purchases made since the September statement closed.

As I stated above, it was not resolved on my September statement either. But it seems to be resolved on the purchases made since the September statement closed.

First, Thank you for the advice on the double point value. I never would have check my statement. I did and found that I did not receive the double points on 2 cruises paid for in August. I call ed the secret number and got a manager who gave me the points immediately and put in for the credit on my next bill (hopefully). She did not say it was corrected yet. My September statement did not give me credit for the excursions I book and paid for thru Princess. I will call on that next time.

Thanks again to all the great folks who share their experiences and advice on CC.