Hotels in Old San Juan

cltnccruisers

I'll be at the Sheraton OSJ on Friday night, so I'll give you an up to date opinion after our Adventure cruise :)

Thanks. We'll be in OSJ on the Silhouette in March, 2018, but with limited time in port we'd like to have a plan in place to check things out. Then in March, 2019, we'll fly down pre-cruise for the FOS.

We've bought into this cruise thing hook, line and sinker. :D

We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan for our pre-cruise...the hotel was fine and location was absolutely great....lot's of pre-cruiser's were there...I will definitely stay there again for our next cruise out of San Juan next September.

Good to hear this. We are booked at Sheraton OSJ pre and post cruise. We called the hotel directly and told them what kind of room/bed/View that we wanted. They were great to work with.

El convento has great reviews and I believe is a step up from what I have read, but we were unable to get a king bed Without booking a suite......

Good to hear this. We are booked at Sheraton OSJ pre and post cruise. We called the hotel directly and told them what kind of room/bed/View that we wanted. They were great to work with.

El convento has great reviews and I believe is a step up from what I have read, but we were unable to get a king bed Without booking a suite......

I hope you got a good rate and used Hilton Honors or joined...made a big difference in our rate.

I am a Hilton Honors and did get a good rate. Booked it months ago. When we were looking at their rates over 3 kings weekend on our return, the prices were sky high. I told the, we would have to stay someplace else. They found a 'special fare' that kept our business.

Thanks though so much for that tip!!

I always try to negotiate- and always work directly with the hotel. I realize that there are last minute sales and blowout sales on third party websites.....but you take your chances on which room the hotel gives you. For us, we like a better guarantee for multiple nights.

I just hope this hotel isn't as noisy with thin walls as I have read they can be. Not sure if that is certain locations....or just certain guests not aware of their level of voices.

We stayed here last year and it's a great location! Within walking distance to everything if you plan on shopping or exploring.

They have a restaurant there and you can even sit out on the terrace (It's like on the second floor) and eat and people watch or see the ships. Very pretty at night.

Their pool is located on the roof top and although it has walls with open windows, the roof is open and very neat up there.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at El Covento and we would recommend it as well.

El Convento is amazing. Beautiful and in a great location. I've stayed there twice and highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have also stayed at the Villa Herencia Hotel, a boutique hotel around the corner from the El Covento. This is our second choice if the El Convento was unavailable. We just love the location of these hotels.

I hope you got a good rate and used Hilton Honors or joined...made a big difference in our rate.

Sheraton is NOT part of Hilton - it is Starwood/Marriott. Having Hilton Honors will do no good at the Sheraton OSJ. Now, having an SPG membership...

Sheraton OSJ is a solid, tourist class hotel. The location can't be beat if you are cruising on Carnival as the location is right across from the terminal. The room I had was huge (NOT a suite) corner room on an upper floor. It had 2 juliette balconies that looked out on the bay and 2 more "regular" windows.

Sheraton is NOT part of Hilton - it is Starwood/Marriott. Having Hilton Honors will do no good at the Sheraton OSJ. Now, having an SPG membership...

Sheraton OSJ is a solid, tourist class hotel. The location can't be beat if you are cruising on Carnival as the location is right across from the terminal. The room I had was huge (NOT a suite) corner room on an upper floor. It had 2 juliette balconies that looked out on the bay and 2 more "regular" windows.

Thanks for "setting me straight".... :eek::o

I had a friend stay at el convento and loved it! We didn't stay there pre cruise bc there was a 2 night min. We stayed at Casablanca. It was less than $100/night, gorgeous, in a good location, and staff was friendly and very helpful! It's a small boutique hotel so not all the amenities of a big hotel and the room was small but I would absolutely stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums