Information on Puerto Rico

firemanbobswife

I know many of us are curious as to what is going on with Puerto Rico whether it be due to family, friends, or cruising. As some of you know my husband is deployed with Virginia Task Force 2. They went down Monday and rode out the hurricane. Today they have been out and about assessing the damage and helping out where needed. Prior to that the hotel took on some water from a door and they spent some time pulling up carpet. At least they have been working and not just waiting [emoji846].

Anyway, if you care to follow along and see some first hand accounts of the rescue/recovery efforts put in, feel free to follow their FB page. It’s Virginia Task Force 2 Urban Search and Rescue. Also in there you will see some phone numbers you can call to check on the status of loved ones in Puerto Rico since cell towers and electricity are down.

I hope and pray everyone on the island is OK and I think we all hope for a speedy recovery for the many people affected. If I hear anything specifically about the pier, I will post. I’m not sure if they will be heading that way or not.

I know many of us are curious as to what is going on with Puerto Rico whether it be due to family, friends, or cruising. As some of you know my husband is deployed with Virginia Task Force 2. They went down Monday and rode out the hurricane. Today they have been out and about assessing the damage and helping out where needed. Prior to that the hotel took on some water from a door and they spent some time pulling up carpet. At least they have been working and not just waiting [emoji846].

Anyway, if you care to follow along and see some first hand accounts of the rescue/recovery efforts put in, feel free to follow their FB page. It’s Virginia Task Force 2 Urban Search and Rescue. Also in there you will see some phone numbers you can call to check on the status of loved ones in Puerto Rico since cell towers and electricity are down.

I hope and pray everyone on the island is OK and I think we all hope for a speedy recovery for the many people affected. If I hear anything specifically about the pier, I will post. I’m not sure if they will be heading that way or not.

Thank you for posting and bless your husband and everyone with him!

Thank you for posting and bless your husband and everyone with him!

Thank you so much! He messaged me and said the place is a mess and they did a lot of work today. Looks like they rescued some people from flooded houses and the pics are on the FB page. I didn’t keep him on long so he could go to bed. It was a long day and another one is coming tomorrow so he was going to get some sleep.

I also asked if they happened to go past the cruise pier, if he could find out a status on it. He said that area isn’t a priority right now, so we’ll see. I’ll let everyone know if I hear anything else. Stay tuned to the FB page for quicker updates and to see the progress they are making [emoji846].

Thanks for all the well wishes. The team is doing good!

Are they staying at the Intercontinental? We were just there for our honeymoon in June. So sad seeing all the damage to these beautiful countries we were just in.

I can’t say, but if you look at their FB page, but you may be able to tell if it’s the same hotel or not by the carpet pattern in some of their pics.

I can’t say, but if you look at their FB page, but you may be able to tell if it’s the same hotel or not by the carpet pattern in some of their pics.

Thank you. It definitely looks like it but with the amount of damage to the grounds area, it is hard to tell for sure.