How long to wait for refund?

CaroleSS

While I understand the devistation caused by hurricane Irma, we paid almost $600 for an excursion to Coral World and I'd really like to see that money again!

As our itinerary no longer includes St Thomas, I requested refund. They have emailed me back saying they will get to it.....at some point in the future. In the meantime, I am out $600 with little/no recourse. It's been almost a month.

I have tried to dispute the charge on my credit card, but I booked this > 120 days ago, so the credit card company says that I need to "work with the merchant".

I could understand if Coral World had NO access to the Internet, so could not process the refund.....but they clearly have some Internet access as they can email me saying they have no idea when I will get my money back!!

I hate to sound heartless, but this is a lot of money (to me) and if they could be a tad more communicative, I'd be a tad more understanding.

Most likely most folks on the island are trying to figure out how they are going to make a living and feed their families, rebuild their homes , etc This include business owners who make their living from tourism. Yes, communication would help insure future business. But, it is possible they are consumed by the need to survive.

I know 600 is a lot of money and I would want it back. But, if I had already planned to spend it and did it would not be considered by me an absolute necessity. I would hope if I were in the same spot I would pray that my fellow world citizens had food, water, and shelter. Let alone hope that they can recover and have a favorable future.

And, I don't think you truly understand the DEVASTATION.

My prayers go out to these people suffering something I cannot not even imagine

Edited by lovevacadays