Who has had a massage at Maya Chan?

AlexandNessa

I just visited Maya Chan Beach last week, on 9/20/17, while visiting Costa Maya aboard the Norwegian Escape. I received a massage while at MCB. It was first come first serve, and you'll need to sign-up when you arrive. Just ask the host who greets you when you arrive. The masseuse ONLY takes cash ($45 for 60 mins. or $25 for 30 mins.) The massages are performed in a small palapa (grass hut) away from the main beach in the tropical garden area. However there are 2 tables in the hut, so they are not completely private, but I saw several guest request to have massages done alongside their spouse or friend (if that is your preference). There is soothing music played and a nice breeze compliments of a large fan inside the palapa.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your day at MCB, they are a wonderful staff and relaxing spot in Mexico.

Hi Sand_in_my_toes

Not my topic, so sorry OP to hijack- but how did you find the massage? Was it a proper deep tissue massage with some oomph behind it, or jut a light relaxing one? I'm all for relaxing but my husband wants them to get right in there and hurt him! The last time he had a beach massage he was disappointed as this tiny girl with no strength did it so it didn't do anything for him.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Sand_in_my_toes

Not my topic, so sorry OP to hijack- but how did you find the massage? Was it a proper deep tissue massage with some oomph behind it, or jut a light relaxing one? I'm all for relaxing but my husband wants them to get right in there and hurt him! The last time he had a beach massage he was disappointed as this tiny girl with no strength did it so it didn't do anything for him.

That is my question also. I look forward to a reply. :)