Spirit Cabin 10002

gym2

Anyone happen to have any pictures of 10002 on the Spirit that they can share? This will be are first time on this ship and we've booked for 2 weeks in Feb. 2016. We've been on the Sun and Star numerous times and the Jade and Jewel once. We saw the Spirit in port on one of our previous trips, and thought it would be a new adventure! But can't find any pics of this cabin! Any pictures or thoughts on things we should seek out on the Spirit is much appreciated!

Ocean Dreaming2 - thank you so much for pics and the great review. We are looking forward to our trip even more! It's not in our signature line, but we did the Panama Canal on the Star in the corner suite and really enjoyed both balconies. I am guessing that both these are smaller, but hopefully we will use both when we can.

Ocean Dreaming2 - thank you so much for pics and the great review. We are looking forward to our trip even more! It's not in our signature line, but we did the Panama Canal on the Star in the corner suite and really enjoyed both balconies. I am guessing that both these are smaller, but hopefully we will use both when we can.

The balcony in the photo is the forward balcony. There was barely room for legs once you were seated. And you really can't use it while underway. :mad: You can see the door leading to the balcony just to the left of the TV/entertainment center. That door leads to an alcove which has the watertight door.

The side balcony - off the bedroom - is a bit more user friendly but still not what you were used to on the Star. It had a sliding door and the drapes were always getting sucked outside.

I had many more photos but, alas, my computer bit the dust. I'm waiting for the replacement and will load the photos from my backup device. I can post more photos then. I'm pretty sure I had photos of the powder room, the wet bar, etc.

We were on the Spirit in 2010 so changes may have taken place since then. I would hope they would have come up with a different solution for the power converter box on the floor in front of the TV. It was a toe jammer. :eek:

You're welcome! It was a great cabin. A bit too dark for my taste, but still very nice.

Your full review was wonderful. An excellent read.

I think I had a senior moment :eek: I have booked 10502. I will guess they are similar suites jut mirror images. I think I had read somewhere that 10502 is a lighter interior. We shall see. We have been in other corner suites as well. I was hoping for a large fwd balcony but I am sure we will make do with what we get. lol. I do like the fact there is always a side one as well. I have always preferred the aft for many reason. My DH prefers the fwd. He seems to win every time now. Although, I will admit I am getting used to seeing where we are going and I like it. (just don't tell him)hehe.

Thanx again Mary for all you contribute to Cruise Critic.

Norma

Your full review was wonderful. An excellent read.

I think I had a senior moment :eek: I have booked 10502. I will guess they are similar suites jut mirror images. I think I had read somewhere that 10502 is a lighter interior. We shall see. We have been in other corner suites as well. I was hoping for a large fwd balcony but I am sure we will make do with what we get. lol. I do like the fact there is always a side one as well. I have always preferred the aft for many reason. My DH prefers the fwd. He seems to win every time now. Although, I will admit I am getting used to seeing where we are going and I like it. (just don't tell him)hehe.

Thanx again Mary for all you contribute to Cruise Critic.

Norma

Thank you for the compliment, Norma! I'm blushing. :o

As a sidenote, I think there are only two butlers on the Spirit since there are very few suites.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Spirit and the pictures do it Justice. there is a guest toilet at side of the entrance door.

The bar has the fridge and the latest coffee machine which allows you to steam,added boiling water etc.

the bedroom is open plain with the Bathroom and is large, strangest thing is the Jaccussi bath has a plain window onto the 2nd Balcony, but thankfully a blind.

Butler, concierge and Cabin steward excellent.

Downside, of the three types of forward suites this has the least hanging wardrobe space about 3.5 foot, plenty of cupboard space throughout the cabin.

One other thing as the cabin can be joined to next door you can hear your neighbours through this wooden partion. this applys to all forward bridge suites except 10000 which has solid walls both sides.

10001 10500 do not have a guest toilet but have a very very large jaccussi open planed in the bedroom.

downside is that the toilet can be seen from the bed, and if the cabin is shared the others will tramp through to use it.

we have had three of these cabin my DH loved 10002 bar and two balconies ,i loved 10000

seperated bathroom more wardrobe space.

there was a sign saying that all forward (bridge) balconies had to have the drapes closed during the night

these cabins are large compaired to the newer ships. enjoy

hope it helps j

I have more photos of our suite on the Spirit. Do you want to see them?

Thanks Mary for all those pictures. Brought back some memories.

We were in Suite 10000, the Philippine Suite.

I agree, it was a little too dark for our taste, but I did notice that some suites had the lighter wood.

Thanks Mary for all those pictures. Brought back some memories.

We were in Suite 10000, the Philippine Suite.

I agree, it was a little too dark for our taste, but I did notice that some suites had the lighter wood.

You're ALIVE! I hadn't seen or heard from you lately. Hope all is well. Are you joining the Cuzins in January?

We were disappointed with the tiny balconies. We were so spoiled by the forward balcony on the Pearl, the forward balcony was unusable. And the side balcony wasn't much better.

But, we did enjoy the ship! And the fun we had with the Cuzins!