Flight...

acharris1

Is a 9:55 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale too iffy? We'll be coming into the Miami port. We're in the Haven, so we should be able to hop off first. I'm wanting to chance it...

Norwegian suggest booking flights out of FLL after 12:30 PM. You never know when the ship will be delayed by customs, until they clear the ship no one gets off.

I don't think I would want that kind of stress on the last morning, if there aren't any better options for flights why not extend your stay in Miami another day.

Edited by Got Tequila?

A few things to consider -- what day are you disembarking and how many ships are in port in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale? Do you have TSA PreCheck? How are you getting to the airport?

Last year we were in the Haven, did priority walk-off and were at FLL within 30 or 35 minutes (we hired a car service). We had to kill time at the airport before we were allowed to check our bags (our flights were 12:30ish and 1:00ish).

But, would I do a 9:55 flight? Nope. Wouldn't even consider it. Our first flight this year (we have people going to two different cities) is at 11:55 and I hesitated booking that. And I did so knowing that one little thing could go wrong and make us miss the flight. I am comfortable with the risk this time.

Edited by brookie848

Is a 9:55 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale too iffy? We'll be coming into the Miami port. We're in the Haven, so we should be able to hop off first. I'm wanting to chance it...

WAY too IFFY. You might make it, but it will be very, very tight. Any delay at all, any delay, and you're done.

On our last cruise in Miami, we could have made a 10AM at Fort Lauderdale. Can it be done? Yes. Can it be done every time? No.

Things need to be on time and running smoothly. One glitch and your fun vacation is soured. It's not worth the risk for us, we'd rather take our time and have an easy travel day.

If you risk it, you'll probably be fine. But, your last night on the cruise will have you preoccupied with thoughts of what may go wrong.....you'll have a dark cloud over your head.

Instead, we slept in, ate breakfast at Cagney's, and had no stress at all.

Since you need to be at the airport by 8:30 and probably won't be off the ship by then, I would say that 9:55 is too early.