I've booked a Suite - now what?

meatloafsfan

I got a great deal on the accessible Window Suite on the Caribbean Princess for this November (10 night Partial Panama Canal cruise).

So, 2 things -

1. I've never sailed Princess (cruised on Carnival, Disney, Celebrity and Royal).

2. I've never sailed in a Suite before on any line (nor really even thought about it).

I picked late dining (because that's what we usually prefer), but now I'm reading about "club class dining". I don't really understand it - should I switch to anytime dining to be able to use that?

I understand we get the mini bar set up - we don't really drink that much and if we do, it would be when we're out and about. Can we exchange this for more soda? (we're very likely to want Diet coke in the cabin).

Speaking of soda - the Princess soda and more package - is it glasses of soda or cans?

And free specialty dining the first night - is that something we have to book ahead or just when we get on the ship. Do we get a choice of Sabatori's or Crown Grill?

What else am I missing?

Hello,

As far as dining goes: you get club class so can go whenever you want to your own special section of the dining room.

Yes you can exchange the bar set up for all soda. you can also exchange all for a bottle of wine or coffee card.

Soda package is glasses of soda.

When you get on ship go to restaurant of your choice and make a res. They will know you are in a suite.

Have a blast.

If the Window Suite is a "full" suite you will get the perks you noted.

Talk with the maitre d when you board to confirm your dinner preferences. You will get your choice of what you want with a full suite.

You can exchange the mini bar setup for more soda cans or coffee card. Sadly, Diet Coke will not be an option for you. You may want to bring some with you. You can bring water and soda on board without charge. Just limited to 1 750ml bottle of wine/champagne per adult without charge.

Take advantage of the first night specialty dining. You can choose either CG or Sabatinis. Take a look at the menu and decide. You do need to call the "dine" line to make a reservation which you should do "first thing" when you board as the "better" times fill up.

Free laundry, don't miss Sabatinis breakfast and ordering anything room service from the MDR.

Once you have sailed in a full suite you will likely never sail in anything less....

Congrats on choosing Princess and in a suite!

I don't know why above post said no Diet Coke, I've always gotten canned Diet Coke with the mini bar exchange.

We were told no diet coke in cans available on our CB cruise in January. Maybe it was just a one time thing.

Regarding the diet cokes in a can, I believe it has to do with the location of your cruise. I've never had a problem getting my mini bar set-up changed to diet coke except on the South America cruise around the tip. They started out with diet cokes both can and fountain but within a few days ran out of cans. Then the fountain diet coke started running out in certain areas on the ship. It became a game for the passengers to try and find areas that still had some diet coke. The ship totally ran out of diet coke about halfway through the trip. I asked why they ran out of diet coke and was told that getting shipments to South America was difficult and the shipment that was suppose to meet the ship didn't get there. The funny or not so funny part is that they ran out of alot of other things on that cruise because of the delivery problem. Was not happy since I had prepaid for the soda package so I could get my diet coke. Some passengers ended up buying their owe diet sodas when onshore.

I got a great deal on the accessible Window Suite on the Caribbean Princess for this November (10 night Partial Panama Canal cruise).

So, 2 things -

1. I've never sailed Princess (cruised on Carnival, Disney, Celebrity and Royal).

2. I've never sailed in a Suite before on any line (nor really even thought about it).

I picked late dining (because that's what we usually prefer), but now I'm reading about "club class dining". I don't really understand it - should I switch to anytime dining to be able to use that?

I understand we get the mini bar set up - we don't really drink that much and if we do, it would be when we're out and about. Can we exchange this for more soda? (we're very likely to want Diet coke in the cabin).

Speaking of soda - the Princess soda and more package - is it glasses of soda or cans?

And free specialty dining the first night - is that something we have to book ahead or just when we get on the ship. Do we get a choice of Sabatori's or Crown Grill?

What else am I missing?

Soda and more is from the bar "gun" not cans.

You can go to CC dining anytime you want.

A Window Suite is a category S7 full suite and they definitely get all of the full suite perks.

There has always been Diet Coke as part of our mini-bars. You will get 2 water, 2 sparkling water, 6 cans of soda, 2 beers, and 8 mini bottles of liquor. You can trade the 10 alcoholic items 1:1 for non alcoholic items.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Afternoon tea. . . . If you like to do that sort of thing, you can have it delivered to your room when in a suite. Tea will come with small sandwiches, scones and assorted cookies. A very civilized way to spend a day at sea!

The list of ship-specific Suite Amenities for Caribbean Princess can be found here:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/

• Upgraded Amenities & Services:
  • The Princess Luxury Bed
  • Priority embarkation and disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise
  • Evening canapés, upon request
  • Luxurious terry shawl bathrobes

• Club Class Dining
  • Exclusive area of the Main Dining Room
  • Expedited seating with minimal to no wait
  • Expanded menu options
  • Dedicated waitstaff
  • Uniquely-styled décor (Premium table linens only)
  • Table-side preparations

Includes all the fine amenities of a spacious Club Class Mini-Suite plus:

• Approx. 460 to 932 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottoman
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tables
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water~
  • Spacious walk-in closet

• Complimentary Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite access on select ships*
  • Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services
  • Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day^
  • Priority specialty dining and shore excursion reservation
  • Priority disembarkation at tender ports
  • Comfortable queen or two twin beds▲

• Refrigerator
  • Two flat-panel televisions
  • Private bathroom with tub and separate shower
  • 100% cotton, high-thread count linens
  • Complimentary 24-hour room service†
  • Desk
  • Hair dryer & fine bathroom amenities
  • Digital security safe
There is also a PDF document with that info though some items listed may not be on all ships:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

You may want to call your Travel Agent, or Princess if you booked direct, to confirm you are listed for Club Class Dining even though your booking reads late fixed seating. But either way I'm sure if you check with the Matire d' on board, or simply report to the Club Class entrance to the MDR the first night, your preference will be accommodated.

So, 2 things -

What else am I missing?

Full Suites - Read through this Princess information at https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Dining - Read through this information http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/

If you want you can have traditional dining, but I believe you will much enjoy the Club Class dining with special service, some extra menu options and the ability to walk in anytime you wish and be seated. Princess has lots of evening activities. Using Club Class will allow you to plan your dining around the shows and activities you wish to see rather than visa versa. As a full suite passenger you will also be able to have Breakfast at Sabatini's. This is a special breakfast option available only to full suite passengers.

Mini Bar - you will get eight 50ml bottles of spirits, 2 gins, 2 vodkas, 2 scotch and 2 cognac. You also get two beers, two water, two Perrier, 6 cans of soda. Any non alcoholic beverage can be exchanged for any other non alcoholic beverage. Alcoholic beverages can be exchanged one for one for another alcoholic beverage, or any non- alcoholic beverage. A menu will be in your cabin with available selections.

You can exchange the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine or 2 cafe select cards(coffee cards) If purchased coffee cards cost $35 each and include 15 punches for espresso drinks plus unlimited brewed coffee and special teas for the cruise. Punches never expire and unused punches can be used on a future Princess cruise.

You have to call room service for the exchanges. By the way you can carry on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like. We buy the small 6 oz cans of coke and carry them on. We keep them in the cabin fridge.

Soda & More - It is fountain sodas, no cans. It also includes mocktails, juices and milkshakes. There is a selection of juices for free in the morning with breakfast, but the rest of the day there is a cost. Believe fresh squeezed OJ is excluded. The soda & more package can not be used for soda on Princess Cays, as they do not have fountain soda.

Specialty Dining - Believe if you book ahead on line you will have to charge to your credit card. Wait until you board then call the DINE line or visit the restaurant during the afternoon of boarding day. You can choose either Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. On the Caribbean Princess you may also be able to choose Planks BBQ or Steamer's, shellfish. Don't know for sure if these would be included in the suite benefit, but if interested ask. They are new, just introduced a few weeks ago. Their base cost is less than half of Sabatini's and the Crown Grill.

Hope this information is helpful

You may want to call your Travel Agent, or Princess if you booked direct, to confirm you are listed for Club Class Dining even though your booking reads late fixed seating.

No need. When you go to Club Class section in the MDR, they will ask you for your suite number and you are all set. My cruise card just had Anytime Dining printed and I gave them my suite number on the first time we visited CC Dining. They never asked for it again for the rest of the cruise.

Do make a reservation at the specialty restaurant of your choice upon embarkation. Specialty restaurant dinner on embarkation night is complimentary for suites.

No need. When you go to Club Class section in the MDR, they will ask you for your suite number and you are all set. My cruise card just had Anytime Dining printed and I gave them my suite number on the first time we visited CC Dining. They never asked for it again for the rest of the cruise.

But looking at the 'Club Class Dining' FAQs:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-FAQ.pdf

(emphasis mine)

5. Can a Club Class guest invite their friends to exclusive dining undertheir reservation?

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite orFull Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club ClassMini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main DiningRoom. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in TraditionalDining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.

...which I read as possibly meaning that if you indicate 'Traditional Dining' on your booking (as the OP has said theirs shows) you have "opted out" of Club Class Dining. Need to make sure Princess does believe so as well.

Do make a reservation at the specialty restaurant of your choice upon embarkation. Specialty restaurant dinner on embarkation night is complimentary for suites.

You do need to notify your travel agent to change you from traditional dining to anytime dining. With Club Class, you get most of the advantages of traditional dining with the flexibility of anytime with no waiting. If you do not change your dining, then you will be assigned seats in traditional dining. That will reserve seats that could be used by others. You may be assigned to a table for six or eight - if you then never show up, it would not be fair to the others assigned to that table.

You will have Club Class dining for dinner every night and for lunch on sea days. Even though it will be available for breakfast, the suite dining in Sabatini's is much better - it is very personalized service for suite passengers only.

One small point...if you change to Anytime Dining now, it will free up the spots that are reserved for you in Traditional Dining. This allows the seating to be more complete before the cruise and makes it so you don't have to talk to the Maitre D' to change it after you get on the ship (the line that first day is a zoo).

...which I read as possibly meaning that if you indicate 'Traditional Dining' on your booking (as the OP has said theirs shows) you have "opted out" of Club Class Dining. Need to make sure Princess does believe so as well.

My bad. Didn't realize we need to free up spots for TD.

Thank you everyone.

So free laundry, breakfast at Sabatini's, and free specialty dining the first night.

I was going to pre-purchase the coffee cards (because we are big on specialty coffees) but maybe I'll wait and get them onboard (if they are out of diet coke for the mini bar exchange).

I will update my preference from late dining to anytime dining so that I free up the table.

thank you for your help. If there's anything else to add, please do so. The suite thing is new territory for us.

CC Dining allows you to eat whenever you wish within dining hours so no need to change to Anytime.

You certainly get cans Diet Coke when doing your mini-bar exchange. We do that all the time. :)

If you have traditional dining, then you cannot eat anytime you wish - even with Club Class. Please look at the previous post that quoted the Princess FAQ. It is not proper to tie up a seat in traditional dining if you don't plan to eat there.

Thank you everyone.

So free laundry, breakfast at Sabatini's, and free specialty dining the first night.

I was going to pre-purchase the coffee cards (because we are big on specialty coffees) but maybe I'll wait and get them onboard (if they are out of diet coke for the mini bar exchange).

I will update my preference from late dining to anytime dining so that I free up the table.

thank you for your help. If there's anything else to add, please do so. The suite thing is new territory for us.

You do not need the coffee cards for breakfast. Specialty coffee and/or fresh-brewed coffee is available at no extra charge at breakfast at Sabatini's.

Breakfast at Sabatini's is usually not available on the day of disembarkation (or on a turnaround day in the middle of a B2B). On those days, you can eat breakfast in Club Class or you can order room service. The patter will say that room service is not available on disembarkation morning, and it is not available except for suites.

Your free laundry is same day service. If you have it out early enough in the morning (I'm not sure exactly what time), then it is supposed to be back that evening. Since I usually bathe and change after returning to the ship and before dinner instead of in the morning, I usually leave my laundry on the bed for the steward when I go to dinner - and it is nearly always back the next evening.

You will hear some people post that on some cruises laundry takes two or three days because of the large number of Elites on that cruise. That applies to Elite laundry (which is next day - not same day). Suite laundry gets priority and you should get yours back in one day no matter how many Elites are sending out their laundry.

You do not need the coffee cards for breakfast. Specialty coffee and/or fresh-brewed coffee is available at no extra charge at breakfast at Sabatini's.

Breakfast at Sabatini's is usually not available on the day of disembarkation (or on a turnaround day in the middle of a B2B). On those days, you can eat breakfast in Club Class or you can order room service. The patter will say that room service is not available on disembarkation morning, and it is not available except for suites.

Your free laundry is same day service. If you have it out early enough in the morning (I'm not sure exactly what time), then it is supposed to be back that evening. Since I usually bathe and change after returning to the ship and before dinner instead of in the morning, I usually leave my laundry on the bed for the steward when I go to dinner - and it is nearly always back the next evening.

You will hear some people post that on some cruises laundry takes two or three days because of the large number of Elites on that cruise. That applies to Elite laundry (which is next day - not same day). Suite laundry gets priority and you should get yours back in one day no matter how many Elites are sending out their laundry.

Thank you for this. We are planning to bring my father's tux, do you know if dry cleaning is also included?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this. We are planning to bring my father's tux, do you know if dry cleaning is also included?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yes. It's all on the same ticket. Just check mark the appropriate box. Don't mix cleaning and washing on the same ticket.:eek:

BTW: it isn't truly "dry cleaning", but it is similar.

I've always swapped out the beer for Diet Coke and Sprite Zero with no problem. Just did it again last month. You'll need to call to swap.

Talk with the maitre d when you board to confirm your dinner preferences. You will get your choice of what you want with a full suite.

You can exchange the mini bar setup for more soda cans or coffee card. Sadly, Diet Coke will not be an option for you. You may want to bring some with you. You can bring water and soda on board without charge. Just limited to 1 750ml bottle of wine/champagne per adult without charge.

Take advantage of the first night specialty dining. You can choose either CG or Sabatinis. Take a look at the menu and decide. You do need to call the "dine" line to make a reservation which you should do "first thing" when you board as the "better" times fill up.

Free laundry, don't miss Sabatinis breakfast and ordering anything room service from the MDR.

Once you have sailed in a full suite you will likely never sail in anything less....