Princess Visa Card Points Question

nukesubsailor

Has there been a change in when Barclays shows the double reward points earned when making a purchase from Princess Cruises? When I log in and look at my transactions I see that a final payment for a Princess cruise was made nearly 3 weeks ago and yet the points shown equals the amount of the final payment rather than double the payment amount. I seem to recall that the double points show up as soon as the purchase was made.

I had the same problem -- I have an inquiry in and was told it would be 7-10 days before it would be resolved. (It has been 8 days now.) I will let you know the results. I wonder if this is somehow related to the new more generous statement credits you can get when redeeming points? Kathy

I was told it would be 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. So the points I earned for the first quarter promotion should show in my account very shortly. And the points earned for the promotion that is going on now (and ends June 30) should be posted by mid to end of August.

What promotion? Do you mean the princess sale? All of my purchases with princess have received double points until the last one 5/5/17. Barclay says to see if correct on next statement due Monday. If not they will dispute the points (with princess?). Who knows what is happening!

Here is the response I got from Barclays------

Thank you for contacting us here at your Princess Rewards Visa Signature Card in regards to the transaction made on your account.

In an effort to resolve your concern, we have forwarded this matter to the appropriate department for review. While it normally takes 7 - 10 business days, we advise that you allow up to 30 days for the investigation to be completed. Should you wish to make a follow up with this matter, please feel free to send us a Secure Message. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. For your reference, your Case ID is 3176283. We hope you find this information helpful.

Your business is much appreciated and we will do our very best to continuously meet your credit card needs. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care

I have never had problems with my Princess credit card doubling points for Princess purchases previously. But we were on the Island Princess earlier this month and purchased a future cruise ($200 deposit) and our onboard account posted a few days later (May 10th transaction) and neither charges were doubled. The future cruise deposit had already posted to a statement and it was clear the points weren't doubled. I called Barclay's and the representative took down all the information and said I would be contacted within 30 days. When I questions on how I would be contacted, via email or snail mail, he said by telephone and at that point asked for my telephone number. I had contacted Barclay by email from their website previously and didn't get a reply. I definitely would call, open a claim, and make detailed notes on contacts if you want to get double points. I've had my Princess credit card for 8 years and have never had any problems previously.

1. What promotion? Do you mean the princess sale? All of my purchases with princess have received double points until the last one 5/5/17. Barclay says to see if correct on next statement due Monday. If not they will dispute the points (with princess?). Who knows what is happening!

Happen to me also. All I had to do is to call them and the representative was shocked to hear that I only got 1 points for princess purchases and he apologized and added extra points and told me to check my website for the correction. It only took a minute to solve the problem. If you call the call center located out of the country that will take longer. You need to call the US office.

There are a few numbers in the US you can call, I called 866-928-3106 and they took care of the matter in a second.

I just called that number. The very helpful and polite representative who answered my call reviewed my account statements and agreed that should have gotten double points like I had always gotten for Princess purchases in prior months. She told me that she had "created a case" and it would be submitted. She said it could take up to 30 days for the case to be taken care of.

Yes I just tried that number as well and got the same response. The gal said she couldn't just credit me the double points because they have to investigate why it's happening or something dumb like that. Very annoying! I have never had this happen before with the double points posting right after making a Princess Cruise deposit. She basically said if it's not fixed in thirty days call back to get the points credited (?). Ridiculous if you ask me. I used to like this card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I just tried that number as well and got the same response. The gal said she couldn't just credit me the double points because they have to investigate why it's happening or something dumb like that. Very annoying! I have never had this happen before with the double points posting right after making a Princess Cruise deposit. She basically said if it's not fixed in thirty days call back to get the points credited (?). Ridiculous if you ask me. I used to like this card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess it will take 30 days to figure out who screwed up the data entry or the software and have them flogged.

There are a few numbers in the US you can call, I called 866-928-3106 and they took care of the matter in a second.

thanks for posting this number. I had just called 7 call center people, who couldn't help with anything, who created "cases" for me-good luck with that.

I was on CC trying to find out the interest percentages when I read about the double points mess up, and sure enough we didn't get ours also.

the phone was answered by a manager!!, who promptly issued my earned credit to my statement (another issue)

They are aware of the points issue, and while she couldn't change it right away, did send in an inquiry. Apparently, there is a glitch in how the Princess transactions are being read.

I'm saving this number!

ALERT!! Do not get scammed by an email from 'BARCLAYS.COM -- l koh mets @ gtmc.net --' The faux message was a fraud alert to customer: it requested one to 'VIEW NOW'. Do not open nor give out personal details. I reported this email to BarclaycardUs.com ASAP!

thanks for posting this number. I had just called 7 call center people, who couldn't help with anything, who created "cases" for me-good luck with that.

I was on CC trying to find out the interest percentages when I read about the double points mess up, and sure enough we didn't get ours also.

the phone was answered by a manager!!, who promptly issued my earned credit to my statement (another issue)

They are aware of the points issue, and while she couldn't change it right away, did send in an inquiry. Apparently, there is a glitch in how the Princess transactions are being read.

I'm saving this number!

You are welcome. Glad to be of help. I must be one of few who called early enough for them to take care of right alway (add the extra points manually as "adjustment points"). It seems to me they had problems with FCC purchases on May statement. My last April/May cruise shows double points for the stateroom account. But not double points for the $1000 FCC on board purchase. When I brought up the issue they give me the extra 1000 points while talking to them.

Has there been a change in when Barclays shows the double reward points earned when making a purchase from Princess Cruises? When I log in and look at my transactions I see that a final payment for a Princess cruise was made nearly 3 weeks ago and yet the points shown equals the amount of the final payment rather than double the payment amount. I seem to recall that the double points show up as soon as the purchase was made.

I got a letter saying they will correct it on my next statement.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just called the above number (and thank you because I too had called the 1-800 and gotten nowhere). I was told that the merchant code was not registering as a bonified purchase to earn double points????? It shows "princess cruise passages" on my statement, not the travel agent that I used (and I have use her multiple times and never had problems with my points doubling). I was given a case number and told that it may take till the 1st part of July (or 30 days but probably not that long) and if it doesn't, they will manually have to adjust it. I will continue to monitor as I have 80 days till sailing and I want OBC of $500!

• 2 weeks later...
It's been 10 days and nothing yet. Still monitoring my account.

You could try 866-928-3106 again and ask to speak to a Manager. When I got a manager she corrected my points immediately while I was on the phone. I also have another number someone posted to use...866-872-6248