Which hotels are open?

aggiemom11

Anyone with information on which hotels are open now after Maria? Do they have A/C?

Many of the hotels that may be open with AC will probably be used for first responders and anyone like that, not new tourists at the moment.

SJU airport is not open to commercial flights at the moment either. It's closed pending further damage assessment with the exception of military hurricane relief operations. The runway PAPI and airport navigation systems are not operational and the weather advisory system is also down.

Try to call or email your hotel. If they have had their power restored (or using their own generator), you may get an answer. Or, if you chose a hotel from a big brand, use their 800 number to see if you can find out any information.

I agree with the other poster who said that any functioning hotel right now is probably being used by rescue workers or harboring people who lost homes or tourists who did not leave in time and are now stranded.

I just tried to do a faux booking for any Starwood hotel in Puerto Rico for 9/28-30. All have posted they are not open to the public due to Hurricane Maria. On the Marriott site, only one hotel, the AC Hotel San Juan Condado, was listed as available. All others, including frequent CCer hotels Marriott Stella Maris and Courtyard Isla Verde, are unavailable.

From what I have heard from Royal Caribbean, they are leaving and returning to San Juan on Sept 30th. So we are hoping to leave on the 30th since the ship will be returning there but nothing is for sure.

Anyone with operational hotels?

As there is no power in Puerto Rico at all and anything that has power is running on generators, it will be hard to get information. Most of the cell towers were destroyed so getting information is very difficult.

My suggestion would be to start looking at the Facebook pages of some hotels you have read about and start calling the major chain 800 numbers.

Thanks for the info. We are scheduled to arrive on Friday, Sept. 29. Just wondering if hotels will be open or if I need to reschedule flight for the next day. We cruise out on the 30th

we are on the same cruise with Royal. our hotel the Sheraton Old San Juan just cancelled us for Friday but we did get one just now at the AC Hotel San Juan Condado. I am still concerned with flights.

Try to call or email your hotel. If they have had their power restored (or using their own generator), you may get an answer. Or, if you chose a hotel from a big brand, use their 800 number to see if you can find out any information.

I agree with the other poster who said that any functioning hotel right now is probably being used by rescue workers or harboring people who lost homes or tourists who did not leave in time and are now stranded.

I just tried to do a faux booking for any Starwood hotel in Puerto Rico for 9/28-30. All have posted they are not open to the public due to Hurricane Maria. On the Marriott site, only one hotel, the AC Hotel San Juan Condado, was listed as available. All others, including frequent CCer hotels Marriott Stella Maris and Courtyard Isla Verde, are unavailable.

Thank you for that information we were able to secure a room at the AC Hotel San Juan Condado.

we are on the same cruise with Royal. our hotel the Sheraton Old San Juan just cancelled us for Friday but we did get one just now at the AC Hotel San Juan Condado. I am still concerned with flights.

What method did they use to cancel? We also have the Sheraton reserved for the 29th. I haven't been able to reach them, and haven't received any emails, texts or phone calls from them.

What method did they use to cancel? We also have the Sheraton reserved for the 29th. I haven't been able to reach them, and haven't received any emails, texts or phone calls from them.

We got an email as I think my husband booked through an outside source, not directly with the Sheraton.

Call the main reservation line for the hotel chain....Marriott, Hilton etc.

Here is today's press release from the Puerto Rico Tourism Office. http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/

In addition, in this Spanish-language article they specify that functioning hotels in the metro are are being used for military and rescue workers and do not have capacity for tourists.

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/turismonohaycapacidadpararecibirahuespedesenloshoteles-2360332/

Here is today's press release from the Puerto Rico Tourism Office. http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/

In addition, in this Spanish-language article they specify that functioning hotels in the metro are are being used for military and rescue workers and do not have capacity for tourists.

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/turismonohaycapacidadpararecibirahuespedesenloshoteles-2360332/

Thank you for the links. It is very helpful , and will check the link each week.