Booking Lost Mayan Kingdom Through the ship

momto2js

I have booked tickets for the Lost Mayan Kingdom through the ship because they are $10 per person less than just buying them in person. However, in you experience do you get get passes onboard or do you have to wait and go as a group?? I am capable of walking there with out a guide :)

• 3 weeks later...

I too had some questions about the waterpark. My family was there a few days ago. My plan was to buy the tickets at the waterpark entrance. In my research, the waterpark for everything is $99 at the entrance, and on the ship (Royal Harmony) was $89, but the ship excursion was listed as 5 hours long starting at 10:30am. I wanted to get there when they opened because there were 2 large ships in port that day (RCCL Harmony and NCL Escape). The waterpark is said to open at 8:30 so we got off the ship at about 9:15 and walked through the port and as we exited the stores there was a guy from royal Caribbean selling waterpark tickets. He said we could go there immediately and stay as long as we wanted. We got 2 full waterpark tickets for $89 each and then 1 for just the waterpark (no zip line) for $50. This ticket for just waterpark was not an option I saw on the waterpark website or on the price board at the waterpark so I felt like we did good by buying at the port.

We were going to take the shuttle but then decided to walk and see the "town" but there really isn't a town outside the shops area. As the comedian onboard accurately said, "it looks like the set of a hunger games movie." It was weird, like the town was just abandoned. Maybe there's more to see where the locals live, but there was nothing except vacant buildings and a few taxis right outside the port. We walked which took about 5 more minutes once outside the port and on the way back the shuttle was there so we took the 2 minute ride.

I thought it would be busy since there were 2 ships in port but I was mistaken. With just a few things to do in Costa Maya I was very surprised more people didn't go, especially with over 1100 children on our cruise. Anyway, the longest wait was for the first ride on a tube which was about 20 mins. Every other ride was less than 3 minutes to wait. There was no one on the zip lines in front of us. The whole trip and going on every slide, zip line, lazy river, and hanging out in the pool for about 30 mins took us about 4.5 hours. We could have gone on more rides but we were exhausted.

Many have talked about the bugs and getting bitten and rashes, and my wife and daughter got some good bites with raised bumps about an hour after we entered the park. I didn't get bite by anything at all. They did sell hydrocortisone cream on board the ship for only $4 a tube and it seemed to be selling quick. A few days later, all the bumps and itching was gone, but it looked ugly for a couple days.

Make sure to get pictures taken too. We felt it was worth the $29 for all the pics on a 8gb thumb drive. It was a very fun day and we thought it was well worth it given the few options available. Ask away if anyone has a question while it's still fresh in my mind.

I bought the tickets through the ship. We got off the boat at 9am ship time (8am local time) and picked up the bracelets for entry from the RCI rep in the port area. We took the tram to the park. We spent 8am to 3pm in the park. The kids had a blast. The bugs were AWFUL. I bought spray from the gift shop and put it under the sun screen and that seemed to slow them a bit. Only one of us had any reaction to the bites and that was treated with a little benadryl cream and a benadryl before bed that night. It was a really fun day. I highly recommend it if you have kids over 48 inches tall!!

I am very interested in learning more about the no-zipline option you mentioned! That would make it more affordable for my mom and I to both go and enjoy watching the teenagers as neither of us would use the zipline.

Where exactly did you get those tickets? Is it an option once you get to the ticket booth at the park?

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...