What if the ports change on a cruise?

We booked a Med. cruise for Oct. 2018 while onboard the Harmony in May. We noticed that the port in Turkey is no longer on the list of stops, Rhodes has been added. We have never been there but have been to Turkey, so it’s a plus for us. I was just wondering if Royal actually contacts guest with the change or do they leave you to “discover” on your own.

We booked a Med. cruise for Oct. 2018 while onboard the Harmony in May. We noticed that the port in Turkey is no longer on the list of stops, Rhodes has been added. We have never been there but have been to Turkey, so it’s a plus for us. I was just wondering if Royal actually contacts guest with the change or do they leave you to “discover” on your own.

Doubtful they would contact you direct for a change in port

Ephusus (Kusadasi) Turkey has been off limits all 2017 because of terrorist activity in Turkey.

It appears in the 2018/2019 brochure but when i was checking on line today for 2018 Turkey has been deleted.

Had port of call changes twice, well before our scheduled cruise...with no notice whatsoever.

Also had port changes while on several cruises...had last minute announcements on those.

Roll the dice...totally allowed in cruise contract.

Thank you everyone! It seems it is hit and miss with the communication from RCCL. We really weren’t surprised as we knew the problems over there. We visited in 2015 and it was a highlight of our trip, glad we were able to visit before it got removed from itinerary. We understand the changes are allowed by contract we signed.

Thank you everyone! It seems it is hit and miss with the communication from RCCL. We really weren’t surprised as we knew the problems over there. We visited in 2015 and it was a highlight of our trip, glad we were able to visit before it got removed from itinerary. We understand the changes are allowed by contract we signed.

In addition...if you have prepaid excursions booked for a port of call that they

do not end up going to...they will automatically refund that to you.

Have a fantabulous cruise....no matter where you end up! :)

Got a notice from TA last week that Turkey had been changed to Rhodes.

Doesnt always happen. Last year a port changed and did not get a notice. I go on the website under my reservation and check my itinerary from time to time to see if something has been changed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I'd estimate that on aproximately 50% of our cruises we miss a port entirely or a port or replaced with something else. Reasons have run the gammot from port worker strikes to weather to political unrest to mechanical issues with the ship to medical issues on board causing a change.

I long ago learned to not book a cruise if my goal is to absolutely see any given port on the itenerary rather than jsut the hsip and general region of ports.

Ephusus (Kusadasi) Turkey has been off limits all 2017 because of terrorist activity in Turkey.

It appears in the 2018/2019 brochure but when i was checking on line today for 2018 Turkey has been deleted.

And now the US and Turkey have mutually suspended Visas. It looks like a visit to Turkey is off our radar now too.

And now the US and Turkey have mutually suspended Visas. It looks like a visit to Turkey is off our radar now too.

You need a visa for Turkey from the UK but if you were on a cruise ship calling for the day a visa was not required.

You need a visa for Turkey from the UK but if you were on a cruise ship calling for the day a visa was not required.

True---but with this ongoing issue it might be that the this being changed? I was wondering how that would work---Turkey can change whatever rules it wants whenever it wants and the current leadership doesn't seem to care about what it does to the economy for local residents.