A-Z PLANNERS-GREAT TOUR,HIGHLY RECOMMEND

lmerr1955

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Belinda and Oscar publicly for the great tour that our family went on. We have sadly just returned from our trip aboard the Mariner. Oscar was our guide and he was extremely friendly and alot of fun to be with. What I liked most was that it was only 5 of us total and so I didn't feel like part of a "tourist herd".

Oscar took us up thru Fern Gully which is beautiful and then we stopped and had alittle island herbal folklore with the "Spice Man"it was fascinating. One of the guys assisting the spice man did ask my 18yr old if he wanted some pot, but he just said no thanks and that was the end of that.

I know that alot of people really get upset over this issue and to each their opinion, but if you know going in and are informed going in, then you either ignore the "offers" or you simply say no and move on! I did not feel threatened at anytime and Oscar made sure we were well taken care of, but even he can't stop the pot pushers. This even occurred in the "reputable" stores at the Taj Mahal where we stopped to browse. My son got hit on at least 3 times in 3 different stores and each time it was a simple NO and moved on.

Anyway, back to A-Z Planners, I highly recommend this tour and would not hesitate to use them on any future tours. We went down the White River tubing and had a blast!! Be warned the water is COLD!! But after you get in its fine. It was beautiful and we had 2 really great guides.

All in all a perfect day and an absolutely great tour company!!!

We had Jeffrey from A-Z planners, we probably went with you down the white river icon_smile.gif Everything went perfect. They were waiting for us when we got off the ship. Unfortunatly, I think we were a little later than they planned, but as he would say, "No problem." I would book with them again. Just to give you people's different perspectives, I have no desire to go back to Jamaica and my husband loved it and said it was on of his favorite places, go figure. I just didn't like the harrasment of the sellers, but Dunn's River and the tubing are completely worth doing. Also, I felt very comfortable with Jeffrey and was glad I didn't take a taxi on our own.

I feel completely confident recommedning A-Z planners.

Premier,Star Ship Magestic, 1990 and 1992

RCL, Monarch of the Seas, 5/1994

Disney Wonder, 5/2002

RCL, Mariner of the Seas, 5/2004

• 3 weeks later...

We also used A to Z and spent the day with Oscar. Unfortunately, his van had broken down and we were on the pier wondering what had happened. The people on the dock are VERY helpful. When we told them who we were waiting for, they called his cell phone. He arrived about 10 minutes later in his friend's car. He used that for the 3 of us; not a problem. At Dunn's River Falls, he made sure that Gomez, the guide for my wife and son (yes, I chickened out), held onto my wife all the way up. She is still recovering from a fractured elbow. We went through Fern Gully and the Botanical Garden. We also made a nice stop at a pottery factory. Some real nice things. Cheaper than in town.

Oscar was extremely pleasant and entertaining.

We too noticed ongoing problems with pot pushers, some of whom can be quite aggressive. Inside Dunn's River Falls, my son was approached by two guys trying to sell him something. He finally told him that he was from N.Y. Like that means something to them. The best piece of advise is to not bother with people who call you over. Definitely DON'T walk around unfamiliar areas by yourself.

Rich

We too used A-Z Jamaica Planners for a great day while our ship was at port at Mo Bay. Reyn was our driver, with whom we felt very safe and learned a lot about his homeland. We did the Rose Hall Mansion tour which at that time included the Rose Hall Beach, Margaritaville stop and shopping stop. Give Belinda's great tour company a call as they do tours at Ochio Rios and Mo Bay.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived