River Tubing

Toledosfinest

We have booked the river tubing tour throught Princess the week of November 10th. It seems very popular, as we were the last two to get the reservation. I have heard alot of negative reviews about the tour/. I'm hoping that some recent passengers that took the tour can update me with their opinion. Thanks

Sorry, we did it a year and a half ago, so not very recent, but we had a great time. I personally don't understand the negative reviews, but to each their own. We did it thru Princess too and even though we were cancelled half way thru since it was raining and the water levels were getting too high, I would still recommend it.

Maybe somebody else can answer better who has done it this year.

• 1 month later...
Sorry, we did it a year and a half ago, so not very recent, but we had a great time. I personally don't understand the negative reviews, but to each their own. We did it thru Princess too and even though we were cancelled half way thru since it was raining and the water levels were getting too high, I would still recommend it.

Maybe somebody else can answer better who has done it this year.

Did you get a refund then if it was cancelled half way through? We're interested in doing this in January 2008

We were given some options when we met them in port. They said since it was raining and they couldn't guarantee the water levels, we could have a full refund right then and there, no problem. If we choose to take the ride and got there and found the water levels to be too high and unable to get in, then we could have a half refund. If we got into the water and started the excursion, there would be no refunds. I thought it was very fair the way they handled it and even though we only got to do a short trip, it was still worth every cent, in my opinion.

For those of you who have done it, which Island is better from an organisational and safety point of view, Grenada or Dominica please? I note the costs from the ship are about the same - $69. Can it be done DIY or are they all contracted to the cruise lines, and how do you get to and from the river DIY??

Colin:) :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about Grenada, but in Dominica you can book independently through Wacky Rollers. In addition, you can get a Fredos tour that includes the Wacky Rollers tour.

We booked river tubing in Dominica last year, and it was cancelled due to heavy rains the day before. I'm sorry to hear that the same thing can happen in Grenada, since we've booked the ship's river tubing tour there

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We went river tubing in Grenada last week. The trip was rather short, and we had to wear helmets, but overall it was a lot of fun..The staff has lots of energy.

We booked through Princess for $80 each...It was an hour trip each way from the ship.

We booked independantly on our cruise Feb 07 and the fellow said that you can only book through the cruiseships now. We had booked in the fall of 06 so he honoured our excursion. My wife and I had the whole river to ourselves. It was short but had a great time

• 3 weeks later...
When you guys say the tour was short, how long were you actually on the river? was it worth the hour there and back, in your opinion? Thanks

I thought it was because we got to see so much of the island too. Our driver even pointed out things of interest. I guess it all depends on what you really want out of it personally.

We did the river tubing Jan 29, 2008. Its a windy narrow road over the mountain to other side of the island. I personally like to see the countryside. The tubing required both a helmet and life jacket; we were in the water for about an hour. Plenty of energetic helpers to get us through the tight spots. This is not the same as rafting in WV but was fun, worth the time and $.

• 1 month later...

We booked the river tubing tour through celebrity in Grenada. They packed us in a hot crappy bus, the driver was a maniac and the ride was very long, close to an hour each way, which we knew going in but thought we would have slightly more comfortable transportation. Top it off, the driver stopped on the way up at a spice shop where we stayed for over 20 minutes (much longer than anyone needed, and some of us just wanted to get to the river) while he snuck outside and drank beer and red bull for free for bringing a load of tourists there. I watched him chuck the bottles down the hill into the rainforest! I hate littering, and there was a trash can right there. When we finally got to the tubing, we had a good time, but the actually tubing time is short, and not worth the long ride in my opinion. Almost everyones tubes were leaking, you could see bubble coming up from under the water. The guides also splash you A LOT, in the face, even if you ask them to stop. Almost lost my contacts right out of my eyes. For the $64 a person, this was a total ripoff! Try the tubing in Dominica, it is bound to be better than this.

Archived