How Do You Get Local Currency For Many Different Countries On Cruise?

GLASERFG

Going To Many Countries And Want To Get Advise As To How One Gets Currency For One Day's Visit In Each Port. Does The Cruise Ship Have It? Or Is There An Atm On Each Dock? Or?

Also Do The Tour Busses Have Restrooms?

Many Thanks To All For Great Tips On The Boards

Re: Currency. It is possible that the Purser's Office will have the currency of the ports you will be visiting. It is also possible that they won't. I suggest you contact the Ship's Services Department of whatever cruiseline you will be sailing and ask them. They should know. If you are visiting China, there is a currency exchange desk in any Friendship Store that you would visit. American Express, AAA, and/or Thomas Cook may sell traveler's checks in the currencies you want. You might want to do a Google search and see whatelse you can find.

Re: Restroom on tour buses: I would not count on it. Be prepared for the "hole in the floor" type restrooms in Asia. Generally, I have found one Western-style toilet in a restroom in major tourist area. But, not always.

In China they have had conferences on Toilets. They really are getting ready for the Olympics. Almost every bathroom has a handicap toilet which has a western style commode. Our chinese tour guide told us that and she says she uses those :). The only place that had a hole only was a McDonald's in Wuhan...As to currency, I tend to use local ATM's and credit cards elsewhere. I try to exchange as little as possible. As for tips, I use US currency- never coins...

Going To Many Countries And Want To Get Advise As To How One Gets Currency For One Day's Visit In Each Port. Does The Cruise Ship Have It? Or Is There An Atm On Each Dock? Or?

Also Do The Tour Busses Have Restrooms?

Many Thanks To All For Great Tips On The Boards

I don't remember changing any money. They all took dollars or credit cards.

We went to Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon, DaNang, Hong Kong. We missed NaTrang becaue our ship hit another ship in the Saigon River and we had to wait on the inspectors so we lost that time.

• 1 month later...

Archived