Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

I wouldn't wear them and wouldn't let my daughter or granddaughter wear them to dinner no matter how trendy they are. But then I guess i'm older and out of touch. Can't figure out why people pay money for something i'd through in the trash. But to each his own.

There is nothing you can wear that'll keep you from entering and eating in the main dining room on any RCL ship. They publish certain guidelines for what to wear, but have never bothered enforcing it in any manner. I guess they *might* possibly require you wear shoes. But as far as type of clothing, it's simply never enforced in the least.

There is nothing you can wear that'll keep you from entering and eating in the main dining room on any RCL ship. They publish certain guidelines for what to wear, but have never bothered enforcing it in any manner. I guess they *might* possibly require you wear shoes. But as far as type of clothing, it's simply never enforced in the least.

I very strongly disagree. I have seen many people (both men and women) turned away over the years.

I don't know. However, I do know that there will be people that will somehow be forced to stare at the jeans with holes in it, and therefor will somehow ruin their cruise experience.

I personally do not care what one wears to dinner. It does not affect me.

I very strongly disagree. I have seen many people (both men and women) turned away over the years.
This as well. Our first trip on Freedom in 2015 we had one in our party that was turned away for ripped jeans and again for flip flops/beach sandals.

It may differ ship/ship crew/crew

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't know. However, I do know that there will be people that will somehow be forced to stare at the jeans with holes in it, and therefor will somehow ruin their cruise experience.

I personally do not care what one wears to dinner. It does not affect me.

Absolutely agree.

Does it ruin my cruise? Absolutely NOT.

Do I think it is disrespectful? Absolutely

When you are entering a dining room with table clothes, cloth napkins, 3 forks, 2 spoons, 3 glasses and the staff dressed in suits/tux.....then I'm sorry....if you are dressed to go to McDonald's, go to the buffet.

This as well. Our first trip on Freedom in 2015 we had one in our party that was turned away for ripped jeans and again for flip flops/beach sandals.

It may differ ship/ship crew/crew

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Times have changed, the suggested dress code is not enforced as it was in the past, even how it was enforced just two years ago.

I have been on over thirty five plus cruises since I got hooked way back in 1983. It really doesn’t bother me what other passengers wear but standards have really gone down in the last few years. My last two Allure Of The Seas cruises in November 2016 and January 2017 I saw many ripped jeans, t shirts, and baseball caps in the main dining room. The only cruise that I remember where the dress code was actually enforced was my August 2011 sailing on the Carnival Valor out of Miami. The Dining Room Manager actually wouldn’t let numerous passengers enter the room unless they returned to their cabin and changed clothes. He even closed the dining room doors for late seating fifteen minutes after the 8:00PM start time. I’m personally used to seeing late seating passengers waltz into the dining more than thirty minutes after the opening time.

OMG!!!!! What is WRONG with you?????;p

Oh well, story of my life. ;) You know the ole' saying, one persons trash is another persons treasure. I'll have to check EBay in a few days to see if they are for sale. ;p

Edited by davekathy

Cruusing with the younger folk next month. Are the trendy ripped jeans allowed in the main dining room? I know they aren't in specialty

Nobody wants to say anything to alienate a paying customer so you could wear ripped jeans except on formal nights

The % of the population who is more about being relaxed and comfortable on a vacation is growing while the % of people who are still all about "proper" dinner attire is decreasing.

As a business which group would you cater to?

Great question. Now, let me add to this. Carnival has done away with table clothes..etc. YET people wanted to dress casually because it was their vacation. BUT when this happened, they complained. They WANTED their table clothes and formalities. What is a cruise line to think or do???? You can't have it both ways. Dress accordingly and have the formalities or dress casually and have no more formal dining experiences?