Afternoon tea dress code

tppeach

Going on the carnival liberty in Feb. DW and LD want to go to the afternoon tea on the sea day. Just wondering if there is a dress code for that. I can't find anything on the carnival website. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

casual. No swimsuits or anything like that, but just about all else is fine.

Going on the carnival liberty in Feb. DW and LD want to go to the afternoon tea on the sea day. Just wondering if there is a dress code for that. I can't find anything on the carnival website. Thanks.

Pool wear would not be appropriate. Personally I would wear anything I would wear as a casual dinner. I would not wear shorts and Ts but that is me, I consider a Tea more of a formal event. I am sure many do however.

We usually go for every single sea day on cruises. I think I have worn a dry solid-color swimsuit once, and it must've been mistaken as a pair of shorts, because I wasn't spoken to. But pool wear will usually not be allowed in, just be dry and wearing something casual and you should be allowed in. It's a very fun thing to do while at sea :)

I tend to dress up a bit for "Tea Time" but many do not - there is a variety of ensembles! But do not miss it - delightful - you get lovely little finger sandwiches and many desserts you do not see elsewhere - the scones are wonderful. Sometimes I think I cruise for the scones at Tea Time.

I just kind of find the "afternoon tea" a little humorous on Carnival. It is a tradition that originated around the wealthy, and is often found in the upscale hotels, etc. To ask what the dress code is and to show up in "yoga" pants, t-shirts, and flip flops, just makes a mockery of the occasion. It's just snack time on Carnival, and is not really "afternoon tea". If they really want afternoon tea, than they should make it as what it was meant to be.

The answer is there is no dress code.

Most of Carnival's activities do not have real dress codes.

Even if you do "afternoon tea" at a fancy hotel you'd see most folks dressed in fairly casual clothing although they'd not be wearing shorts or bathing suits.

I just kind of find the "afternoon tea" a little humorous on Carnival. It is a tradition that originated around the wealthy, and is often found in the upscale hotels, etc. To ask what the dress code is and to show up in "yoga" pants, t-shirts, and flip flops, just makes a mockery of the occasion. It's just snack time on Carnival, and is not really "afternoon tea". If they really want afternoon tea, than they should make it as what it was meant to be.

In other words it's not a High Tea and I think it's very nice that Carnival offers this afternoon treat for its guests. We wouldn't miss it, regardless of what others are wearing.

I tend to dress up a bit for "Tea Time" but many do not - there is a variety of ensembles! But do not miss it - delightful - you get lovely little finger sandwiches and many desserts you do not see elsewhere - the scones are wonderful. Sometimes I think I cruise for the scones at Tea Time.

We are on our first Carnival cruise this Monday. I was delighted to find out about tea time. I am hoping the scones are as good as on Princess. I wouldn't neccesarily go on a Princess just for the scones, but it helps!

Does anyone know if they serve scones in the buffet at the same time as tea time?

Question--- LD? I'm not familiar with that acronym... Last Daughter? Lowest Daughter? Little Demon??? At least your comment made me LOL at my own possible definitions!

As for the tea, from what I understand, if you're a tea connoisseur you may not like the tea they offer... and apparently they offer different kinds for a fee. For me, tea is tea... if it's hot I'll drink it. Now iced tea- that's different! I'm much pickier about my sweet tea!

Teatime is loads of fun and so yummy - nice break to the day - every seaday at 3 pm - HOWEVER it is hard to 'find' as it is NOT LISTED as part of the 'activities' but only on the food page (All kinds of deliciousness) - so you need to look for it there..... see attached where it is 'hidden' under 'alternative dining!!!!!!

may02_5.jpg

Teatime is loads of fun and so yummy - nice break to the day - every seaday at 3 pm - HOWEVER it is hard to 'find' as it is NOT LISTED as part of the 'activities' but only on the food page (All kinds of deliciousness) - so you need to look for it there..... see attached where it is 'hidden' under 'alternative dining!!!!!!

may02_5.jpg

Thanks for this helpful reminder. We nearly panicked on the Miracle last February and the staff at the desk had to show us where the tea is now listed. I've noticed less people at tea since they no longer post tea time as an event under the daily activities. I won't start a rumor but this change does cause me concern.

Thanks for this helpful reminder. We nearly panicked on the Miracle last February and the staff at the desk had to show us where the tea is now listed. I've noticed less people at tea since they no longer post tea time as an event under the daily activities. I won't start a rumor but this change does cause me concern.

Causes me huge concern as well - I can see this going the way of 'well no one seems to be attending so let's do away with this!' (sound familiar?)

Actually posted this on John Heald's FB page asking him to 'move' this to the activities side - and I would suggest others do the same so that others don't miss out on teatime...and then it disappears!!!:eek:

I hope they dont do away with the afternoon tea. It remains one of the nicer, dare I say classier things that Carnival still offers. But I am probably going to be disappointed again some day, and will see that explanation, of how people did not attend, so they are discontinuing it.

As for original question. yes Casual dress is fine, same as breakfast or lunch in the MDR. No need to dress up Cunard style LOL.