Celebrity Infinity South America March 2018

Maggiewooey

We have provisionally booked the Celebrity cruise from Buenos Aires in March 2018. We are thinking of staying on for the cruise fron Santiago to Fort Lauderdale . Looking for advice from anyone who has done the return to Florida leg. Worried that there are two many sea days and the two cruises back to back could lead to cabin fever. Has anyone done these two B2B cruises?

We did this nearly 6 years ago. We tried to book both cruises about 6 months out, but because this b2b is so popular, it was already sold out, so we had to book for the next year...18 months away. On normal b2b's you get anywhere from 2 to 30 b2ber's. On our cruise there were over 350 of us!! It is definately worth it and there is plenty to do going to places like Arica (tuna capital of the world. The crew bought 2 8 foot long tuna for the crossing the Equator ceremony the next day. Cost...2 crates of Coke!!) and Lima and of course going through the canal. A great experience if you haven't done it before. Its a great cruise.

Simon

We have provisionally booked the Celebrity cruise from Buenos Aires in March 2018. We are thinking of staying on for the cruise fron Santiago to Fort Lauderdale . Looking for advice from anyone who has done the return to Florida leg. Worried that there are two many sea days and the two cruises back to back could lead to cabin fever. Has anyone done these two B2B cruises?

I did the canal cruise back from Valparaiso to Ft Lauderdale back in 2011 and it was fun and interesting. This Dec. , I am going from Chile to BA, around the horn and I’m looking forward to it[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hi Maggiewooey,

Savithri here from Singapore.

FYI, we are booked on a B2B on 4th March 2018 and then stay on for 18th March.

We were told its a great experience by friends who it that entire route.

We are infact looking around on this site for fellow guests who are organising private

shore excursions at each port of call, instead of using Celebrity. Do you know of any one

doing a private tour pls.

would like to join in .

We did the b2b in 2011 from BA all the way to Ft Lauderdale. One of the best trips we’ve ever taken. We even remarked that we could have stayed on for more if we didn’t have to go back to work. No cabin fever whatsoever. We had an excellent roll call and many who stayed on.

Hi Savithri

The only tour I have organised is one for the crossover day on the 18th March.

It's done via Tours by Locals and we are being picked up in San Antonio and going to a winery, Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar. The price is $620.00 for up to 8 people and the winery is $20.00 extra per person.We have 6 people so far. if you are interested you can mail me at margaret@murphy.net.

We did the reverse B2B in November / December of 2017 and spent an additional 10 days in BA. Excellent cruise. I blogged the cruise - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2566316 you may find some good information there.

To be honest I believe the Santiago to BA probably had more sea days. Neither seemed onerous and we were never board or suffered any cabin fever. All I can say is that by the end of 30 days on board we were getting sick of eating. Our first night in BA we opted for a grilled cheese and ham sandwich.