Sweet sixteen cabins on infinity south america

lovespositano

Can anyone provide insight into how rough the seas were around the Horn and whether any of the sweet sixteen cabins were severely affected?
There is no way to predict in advance how the seas will be going around the horn. When we did it a few years ago we were prepared for the worst, having heard so many horror stories, but our sailing turned out not to be bad at all.

So you would have been fine in a sweet sixteen cabin on that sailing, or a similar one.

When the seas are rough, you would be better off in a cabin closer to the center of the ship, but a sweet sixteen will experience less motion than a cabin in the same location on a high deck.

Here is a link to a previous thread discussing this topic a few years ago:

Rough seas around Cape Horn??? - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

There is no way to predict in advance how the seas will be going around the horn. When we did it a few years ago we were prepared for the worst, having heard so many horror stories, but our sailing turned out not to be bad at all.

So you would have been fine in a sweet sixteen cabin on that sailing, or a similar one.

When the seas are rough, you would be better off in a cabin closer to the center of the ship, but a sweet sixteen will experience less motion than a cabin in the same location on a high deck.

Here is a link to a previous thread discussing this topic a few years ago:

Rough seas around Cape Horn??? - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

We had the same experience in January 2015. I was worried due to the stories I've read since I have a tendency to get sea sick, but not a problem. It was beautiful scenery.

When the seas are rough, you would be better off in a cabin closer to the center of the ship....

When the seas are rough, you will feel the motion anywhere on the ship :) You are going to dine in the rear of the ship for dinner and you'll be in the front of the ship on a high deck when at the buffet...and so on.

Don't worry about the seas....there isn't that much difference in the cabins unless you are perhaps on deck 11 in the rear which we've done in rough seas....but the sweet sixteens aren't on deck 11....

When the seas are rough, you will feel the motion anywhere on the ship :) You are going to dine in the rear of the ship for dinner and you'll be in the front of the ship on a high deck when at the buffet...and so on.

Don't worry about the seas....there isn't that much difference in the cabins unless you are perhaps on deck 11 in the rear which we've done in rough seas....but the sweet sixteens aren't on deck 11....

I agree you will feel the motion anywhere, but very far aft or very far forward (like the Sweet 16) will always feel the motion more than mid-ship. As someone who is very prone to seasickness, I can tell you that for me, it makes a big difference. I agree that aft can sometimes be worse as you may feel a side to side rocking as well as the usual up and down of riding the swells. A lot depends on the direction of the ship and how she is hitting the waves. If you are heading straight into the current, you may actually feel a 'bounce' when you are upfront (we felt that in our Sweet 16).

Also, to clarify for the OP, the buffet is also at the back of the ship. Perhaps you were thinking of the theater?:)