Fly2fun question

willmanning

We leave in Sept with pay due June 25. I was able to choose seats same day booked.

What airline are you booked on? My final payment is coming up on our July 9 Vista cruise next week and American told me I couldn't pick my seats until they were paid for. Then they told me there was a $25 per person charge to pick my seats! Also, the two seats on each side (aisle and window) were additional $. Anyone else have this problem with American when they booked Fly2fun with Carnival?

What airline are you booked on? My final payment is coming up on our July 9 Vista cruise next week and American told me I couldn't pick my seats until they were paid for. Then they told me there was a $25 per person charge to pick my seats! Also, the two seats on each side (aisle and window) were additional $. Anyone else have this problem with American when they booked Fly2fun with Carnival?

Booked our flights with American months ago using Carnival F2F and booked our seats within days by calling American with the record locator number/letters on the carnival flight info PDF attached at the bottom to our cabin confirmation email.

I signed up for an American frequent flyer # and can see our booking info there.

I booked and paid in full 1/29 cruise and air with carnival. Our outbound flight is with delta, I was able to pick seat immediately. Our return flight is with AA, I cked almost daily for the status to change from pending to ticketed. It happened about 58 days out. I then was able to pick my seat , but also found to pick anything that wasn't rear of the wings it was an additional fee, and there were no 2 seats togther that were not an additional charge. So I ended up picking the cheapest seats that I could have hubby an asle ( a must for him) and me window for additional 10.00. I was frustrated with this process also. By the time the airline was paid there were very limited no fee seats left. Good luck.

I booked and paid in full 1/29 cruise and air with carnival. Our outbound flight is with delta, I was able to pick seat immediately. Our return flight is with AA, I cked almost daily for the status to change from pending to ticketed. It happened about 58 days out. I then was able to pick my seat , but also found to pick anything that wasn't rear of the wings it was an additional fee, and there were no 2 seats togther that were not an additional charge. So I ended up picking the cheapest seats that I could have hubby an asle ( a must for him) and me window for additional 10.00. I was frustrated with this process also. By the time the airline was paid there were very limited no fee seats left. Good luck.

Interesting, we were pending, not paid in full and still picked seats four 4 people together on our AA flight in row 15 up front and 19 on another leg.

I guess it varies by flight?

Edited by AngMo44

We are on Delta ATL-BCN direct Our return is AF to CDG w overnight then Delta CDG-ATL. The only flight I could not choose seats on was the AF which said seat chart not available. I used my Delta Skymiles account to log in. Also we often get moved to Economy comfort without a charge. I ask at the desk to sit close to the front because both myself and my daughter have some medical issues.

Interesting, we were pending, not paid in full and still picked seats four 4 people together on our AA flight in row 15 up front and 19 on another leg.

I guess it varies by flight?

Possibly, I even inquired with my pvp about this before I was able to pick seats. She assured me everything was fine and this is how they do things.

We also had interesting seating options with ours. Heading to BCN, we are on Delta for two flights and were able to pick our seats and I can go on Delta's website and change them to my hearts content, it seems. Our flight from CDG to BCN is on Air France and they didn't have a seat map. I checked on Air France's website and it says I can't get seats until check-in.

On the way back, flying ATH to LHR on British Airways, it says the same thing with no seat map. Then, we fly two flights on American and we were able to get seats over the phone through Carnival but I can't get into that reservation as it does say "Pending". We at least have seats for our trans-atlantic flights which is what I was most concerned about.

Still, the price was well below what the airlines are asking for so we had to try going through Carnival. I was shocked it was cheaper and even having the option to change the flights up to 60 days before sail date if fares are cheaper is something the airlines would never do if booked straight through them.