Cabin Crawl

trudyiswell

Or, if you sit at a large table at dinner, get to know your tablemates. Chances are, you'll all be in different types of cabins. Ask if you can look at something different than your own category! We've done that on several cruises...a good way to see other options of cabins!

Just wondering are ones who volunteer for these cabin crawls compensated in any way. Perhaps by the cruise line as it seems to be advertising for the better cabin....

No compensation, they are just for fun. The ones I have been on have been organized in conjunction with the Roll Call for the sailing. Usually, the last stop is a larger cabin where the occupants may provide a drink and or snacks. Cabin crawls are a fun way to get to know others you have chatted with on the roll call before the cruise.:)

No compensation, they are just for fun. The ones I have been on have been organized in conjunction with the Roll Call for the sailing. Usually, the last stop is a larger cabin where the occupants may provide a drink and or snacks. Cabin crawls are a fun way to get to know others you have chatted with on the roll call before the cruise.:)

When we did cabin crawls some of the cabins viewed did have small snacks out--like candy or cheese and crackers or something, but it's not necessary. Both times we ended at the largest cabin/suite on the tour and they did have snacks. I think the big suite on NCL the snacks were provided by the butler, or whoever takes care of the suite. Now that was a 'cabin '!

Oh I see, totally voluntary. Well definitely does sound like fun. Our roll call meeting was nice but it would have definitely been nice to see other cabins besides our Ocean view...lol

I have taken part in two cabin crawls. They were arranged on our roll call. People volunteered their cabins and one person co-ordinated the crawl so we saw a number of different categories of cabins (but no repeats). We had so many taking part that they were divided into groups of 5-6 and rotated through the cabins.

• 1 month later...
Or, if you sit at a large table at dinner, get to know your tablemates. Chances are, you'll all be in different types of cabins. Ask if you can look at something different than your own category! We've done that on several cruises...a good way to see other options of cabins!

A cabin crawl organized with volunteers through a Roll Call as a sponsored Meet & Mingle social activity is one thing. Asking people who have no connection to you at all at your dinner table to see their stateroom is IMO something completely different and seems somewhat imposing. It would be different, I guess, if in conversation they volunteered it, but it is something I would never ask to do.

A cabin crawl organized with volunteers through a Roll Call as a sponsored Meet & Mingle social activity is one thing. Asking people who have no connection to you at all at your dinner table to see their stateroom is IMO something completely different and seems somewhat imposing. It would be different, I guess, if in conversation they volunteered it, but it is something I would never ask to do.

I agree!