Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

They have to be commercially made and non offensive.

There isn't anything in the new rules about being commercially made.

Fancy dress and novelty clothing

We don’t want to dampen anyone’s fun but coming into effect on 1 January 2018, fancy dress and/or novelty clothing will not be permitted on board. We reserve the right to deny embarkation to guests who are inappropriately dressed. This is a change from the policy wording printed in the back our January 2018 – October 2019 brochure. The only exception to this is on official theme nights, when guests are invited to dress to reflect the theme. This policy, however, does not apply to children 16 and under.

Personalised and slogan clothing*

In addition to the fancy dress policy, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will not be allowed on board at any time.

There isn't anything in the new rules about being commercially made.

Fancy dress and novelty clothing

We don’t want to dampen anyone’s fun but coming into effect on 1 January 2018, fancy dress and/or novelty clothing will not be permitted on board. We reserve the right to deny embarkation to guests who are inappropriately dressed. This is a change from the policy wording printed in the back our January 2018 – October 2019 brochure. The only exception to this is on official theme nights, when guests are invited to dress to reflect the theme. This policy, however, does not apply to children 16 and under.

Personalised and slogan clothing*

In addition to the fancy dress policy, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will not be allowed on board at any time.

That means clothing that you have made or have had made as opposed to commercially made. The implication is clear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No it doesn't, and no it isn't.

Well that is the interpretation that I have seen from P&O if you have had the shirt printed yourself saying anything the you cannot wear it. You can wear preprinted ones you have bought in a shop. However the overriding factor is that nothing you wear should be offensive.

Well that is the interpretation that I have seen from P&O if you have had the shirt printed yourself saying anything the you cannot wear it. You can wear preprinted ones you have bought in a shop. However the overriding factor is that nothing you wear should be offensive.

Perhaps you could point us to that interpretation.

Otherwise it is just your opinion which is not supported by the P&O official material.

You have already posted it.

“In addition to the fancy dress policy, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will not be allowed on board at any time.”

“ clothing personalised with images/slogans “ So shirts you have bought and then added words or pictures.

Secondly any clothing which has offensive images etc.

Not to sure what you are thinking is wrong with what I have said.

Perhaps you could explain.

“In addition to the fancy dress policy, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will not be allowed on board at any time.”

“ clothing personalised with images/slogans “ So shirts you have bought and then added words or pictures.

That was the information i got from my TA when i booked a P&O cruise a couple of weeks ago7f8e31556fd1f393be122303dbf4cef7.jpg

Surely the potential issue here will be who interprets this policy and how they then do so.

In today's "snowflake" age it seems that whatever someone is offended by is thus offensive regardless of what any reasonable person may believe. Therefore should I wear an item with a logo or slogan supporting say, for example, our Armed Forces, that may be deemed offensive. :confused:

I think you are making a meal out of something that tries to make life on a cruise more enjoyable to all. I am sure that what is offensive will be obvious and I certainly do not want to be onboard with people who deliberately want to go out of their way to insult other people or to make themselves thorough drunken nuisances.

Serious out of control behaviour being sanctioned will certainly put me off going a second time.

I’d like to know what light coloured jeans are? Where’s the denim shade cut off chart? Will I have to stop washing my husbands jeans in case they fade pre cruise? Other than that will be taking on board my bottle of spiced rum buying a bottle of Gordon’s (no Hendricks on the list😢). How much is it to buy mixers for your cabin? Is ice available? Can my 5year old bring his strawberry nesquick mix?????

I’d like to know what light coloured jeans are? Where’s the denim shade cut off chart? Will I have to stop washing my husbands jeans in case they fade pre cruise? Other than that will be taking on board my bottle of spiced rum buying a bottle of Gordon’s (no Hendricks on the list[emoji22]). How much is it to buy mixers for your cabin? Is ice available? Can my 5year old bring his strawberry nesquick mix?????

Ice and lemon from your cabin steward. Mixers about a pound a tin if bought in packs of 10/12 can’t remember which.

that’s great - not too bad at all then[emoji16].

No, as long as you drink shorts the new rules are OK it’s the wine drinkers who miss out.

We started the G&T’s over 15 years ago in the cabin getting ready. Then off to the bar. It takes a lot of practice to get it right.

:)

This offensive clothing rule indicates that there has been a problem or problems aboard as with passengers also abusing the lenient drinks policy. Do I want to be aboard a ship where anyone would think of wearing offensive logoed clothing, I don’t think I do and how many posts here do we need to discover that some passengers have very different standards to the majority. It only needs one bad apple to ruin the lot.

Times are indeed changing.

DAVID.