Allure--Port or Starboard side?

We will be cruising for the 1st time on the Allure and have read on a couple of reviews that it is much better balcony views from the starboard side on the Western itinerary. Does anyone else have any comments? We are currently booked in #9322 AFT OV Balcony on port side I think.

We will be cruising for the 1st time on the Allure and have read on a couple of reviews that it is much better balcony views from the starboard side on the Western itinerary. Does anyone else have any comments? We are currently booked in #9322 AFT OV Balcony on port side I think.

Allure will dock on the starboard side most of the time, however if there are lifeboat drills scheduled for that side, then they will dock port. There are other conditions that may change the docking side too. In other words, the probability is higher that they will dock starboard, but there's no way to know for sure what will happen on your cruise.

Allure and Oasis generally dock with the starboard side facing land (there are exceptions if they are running lifeboat drills or performing maintenance that requires docking with port facing land). As such if you prefer a land to a water view, you are better off booking a starboard side balcony.

I did not even think about it when booking, wanted to make sure we were OV Balcony. Couple of reviews stated it was MUCH better. I think I will probably stay where I am at on Port in the AFT. does anyone have any comments on cabin #9322. It is 4 cabins from the back. Should be quiet but a long way from elevators? are there stairways at the back of the ship?

We have done both port and starboard on Allure and one was no better than the other to us. Yes, starboard more often you get to see the runners, and watch people getting on and off the ship, however if another ship is also in port you get to look right at them. Port side you will more often have a view of the water, but not always.

We were in 12318 & 20 on our last cruise and liked the location. Yes it was a little longer walk back to the cabin, but not that far and yes it was quiet. I would stay where you are.

I did not even think about it when booking, wanted to make sure we were OV Balcony. Couple of reviews stated it was MUCH better. I think I will probably stay where I am at on Port in the AFT. does anyone have any comments on cabin #9322. It is 4 cabins from the back. Should be quiet but a long way from elevators? are there stairways at the back of the ship?

There are no stairways at the back of the ship. The aft stairways are next to the aft elevators.

On most of my cruises I have been on the starboard side and try to make it a point to book a cabin on that side, but like what was said by others here, it can vary based upon a variety of circumstances.

I do, though, find that in the caribbean, we tended to dock starboard side most often.

Archived