Absolutely great Eclipse

coldweathergirl

We're currently on the Eclipse sailing and I have to report that we are having an absolutely incredible time. The ship is gorgeous. The Captain, Officers and Crew are incredibly friendly and very visible throughout our sailing.

We're dining in Blu and the food there and throughout the ship has been extremely tasty and varied.

There are a lot of elite for the cocktail hour and Graeme is just charming in welcoming everyone and making everyone feel special. No drink tickets with this sailing.

We had our roll call slot pull a couple of days ago and although we didn't come out ahead after everything that we put in, we had a sizeable payout. The majority of our slot pull group donated their portion of the payout to the Philippine fund which Celebrity is apparently matching.

I just want to encourage anyone considering sailing on the Eclipse to go ahead and do it. We're loving it.

Annwyl and Ted

Good to hear. We are on the Dec 14 sailing. Going this Saturday for some pre-cruise time in Arizona. It will be a change from blizzards and -18C weather that we have where we live.

For our preferences, the Solstice class ships are the most attractive and well planned ships in the marketplace.

We were on the sailing before you. It was an amazing cruise also. I would not hesitate to sail Eclipse again. ( I miss the great tea and coffee drinks Alexsander in Café Al Baccio suggested each day!)

So glad to hear you are having a wonderful cruise also. Too bad Sue Denning left the ship after our cruise, she was outstanding. I am sure her replacement is great also.

Have smooth seas and a great rest of your trip.

Connie

Glad that you are having a great time!! You are definitely missing a mixed bag of weather here in Ontario this week....rain, freezing rain, snowsqualls and just plain snow depending where you are!

Enjoy the sun and heat and great food and companions...I'm very jealous:D

Glad that you are having a great time!! You are definitely missing a mixed bag of weather here in Ontario this week....rain, freezing rain, snowsqualls and just plain snow depending where you are!

Don't forget to mention the balmy weather we are expecting tomorrow. +8c in our nations capital. I may have to unpack my speedo :p

coldweathergirl,

We're so glad you're enjoying your cruise on Eclipse! We will be boarding her in 24 days for the New Year's Eve cruise! We booked 18 months ago and it's finally down to the last few weeks before we go!

Thanks so much for posting and savor every minute of your time onboard :) !!

Jill

We are on the Dec 14th cruise as well. It will be our first venture in to Celebrity but will be in the so called elite category. Needed a long cruise over Christmas and there was a pretty good price for this cruise.

Edited by north29

It is always great to hear such a positive response about the Eclipse. We said on her before and loved it in Europe. Come June, we are sailing on her again, and can't wait! (Just a wee bit jealous at the moment, but very happy for you.)

Edited by Lastdance

My first cruise was on the Eclipse in Feb. 2012, she ruined me for any future cruise. Enjoy every minute on Her, She's a special lady!

We were on the Reflection this past Feb and I watched Her pull out of port in Sint Maarten... She was tugging at my heart as She left.

8515888881_0095e4b433_o.jpg

coldweathergirl,

We're so glad you're enjoying your cruise on Eclipse! We will be boarding her in 24 days for the New Year's Eve cruise! We booked 18 months ago and it's finally down to the last few weeks before we go!

Thanks so much for posting and savor every minute of your time onboard :) !!

Jill

We sailed on the Eclipse last New Year's and loved it! Doing different ships this year, but are planning to book the Eclipse January 2015. Waiting to book onboard this January, so we can get the free drink package and the reduced deposit! A wonderful ship and two weeks is perfect! Loved the ABC islands!

Enjoy.

I'm sailing Eclipse in February over Valentine's Day and hearing what a great time you are having is adding to the excitement! I've only sailed on Solstice in her inaugural year and loved her so Eclipse should feel familiar. I'm really happy about the 14 day itinerary - my first longer cruise that should allow plenty of time to really get to know the ship! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

Just here enjoying a sea day on our balcony. The Christmas decorations are going up and the ship looks so lovely with the trees, lights and garland. Makes me wish we were going to be on board for the holidays.

Can probably be arranged! All you need is the time and the Money!!

LOL!:)

Glad to hear you are having a great cruise. We will be on the the next sailing. It will be our first time as elite. I am a little dissapointed to hear they are not using the vouchers for cocktail hour. It just seems easier. Any word as to how they expect to handle the next cruise would be appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

glad to hear your enjoying. we are booked for feb. Is the food good? how about entertainment?? and what do you do all day long on the ship??

Saw your short review about the Crown Princess and it's shortcomings. I wouldn't think of talking to you on the Princess boards; they are the worst homers of all the groups that like a particular line.

The Crown and it's 3 sister ships are way too small for the people that Princess packs in so the theater shows were impossible to get into unless you get there 30-45 minutes in advance. So they shortened the shows to get an additional performance in.

The S class Celebrity ships are superior to the Princess fleet in most ways - better design, better passenger to space ration, etc. Modern design masterpieces with great food. And Celebrity doesn't sell reserved deck chairs on the pool deck like Princess gets away with "Sanctuary". The latter works on Princess because there is a shortage of pool deck acreage, too many people for that size of ship. And Princess makes it worse, Sanctuary takes a lot of space for a few chairs.