OBC for those NOT receiving OM on Regal Princess

divaofdisney

I was asked to please share this information with you - so I am doing just that. We are sailing on the Regal in December- we are NOT part of the ***** test group. We were credited $100 OBC PP for not being able to have this available to us. All you need to do is contact Princess and request this OBC- ours was added immediately to our cruise personalizer under heading Customer goodwill. Hope this is beneficial to the rest of you. I was certainly pleased with this quite a bit.

hopefully at least some new posters will see this and realize that they MUST call Princess and request the OBC, cabin upgrade, waitlist, etc. as the OBC or other is NOT something the Princess will do automatically......of course...i'll just leave it at that:cool:

Planning to make another call today. Am on the waitlist and really wanted that to clear but not looking like that will happen so OBC would be nice. Especially since we chose this cruise over another we had booked for same week because of *****.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

try to update this thread with your results

Yes those doing this most recently would be helpful since I requested my OBC about a month ago- would be nice to see if others are still being successful in getting this. I do believe the OBC is based on what you paid for cruise if I am not mistaken. Let us know.

Okay...called AGAIN (this is the third or fourth time..) Since I'm still on the waitlist and they're hoping to be able to clear those, they won't do anything right now. Said to wait and even check while on the ship to see if there were any cancellations??? And then to send an email afterwards. Really? Isn't that kind of late for OBC after you're back?

Guess I'll be calling again next week. What a joke. :(

OP, you may want to edit your post since it almost sounds like Princess asked you to post this as a thread and it was voljeep that did. IIRC, voljeep didn't get the OBC he changed his cruise.

At one point in time, Princess was giving some OBC to some people that didn't receive the ***** for the first few cruises after you called and asked for it. Much of it depending on when you booked and how much you paid for your cabin. They seemed to be giving 10% of what you paid for your cruise. Some only got $15 per person.

If you read later threads, they stopped doing this and are trying to move people or get more cabins going. I know of people who were turned down. Oct 24 they added some more cabins is what I was told by the Ocean Medallion group.

As the medallions aren't really doing much and for some are doing nothing and this is a fluid situation, it makes sense that Princess has made changes to how they are handling those who didn't get the medallions for the November and December Regal sailings.

true - got a full refund of everything paid in on both the 2 and 4 day non-***** preview cruises well past the full payment deadline and in the 75% penalty phase - no insurance needed, no future cruise credit.

Used part of the refund to book the 5 day on the crown - got a room that was not shown as available on princess website at that time

Please forgive me if it sounded like this was coming from Princess, not my intention to mislead anyone. I just know this is what we were given. I do realize this was some time ago at least over a month I think- so Princess may not be doing this anymore but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

I think Princess was not prepared for the fact it wouldn't work as quickly as they thought it would and obviously there are still issues with the installation of *****. It would have been awesome and amazing if the process had worked better in beginning but it is what it is and I know given more time and effort they will eventually get it working up to the standard in which it was intended but for now, it is disheartening for many people.

I was asked to please share this information with you - so I am doing just that. We are sailing on the Regal in December- we are NOT part of the ***** test group. We were credited $100 OBC PP for not being able to have this available to us. All you need to do is contact Princess and request this OBC- ours was added immediately to our cruise personalizer under heading Customer goodwill. Hope this is beneficial to the rest of you. I was certainly pleased with this quite a bit.

Did you book through a TA or directly with Princess. I'm wondering which way to go if i booked with a TA.

Thanks

did you get past the 1st person that answered the phone, and get transferred to customer service/relations?

I know 2 people who spoke directly with customer relations and were both told no recently. One even mentioned they knew people from CC who had gotten it since they are on here.

It's always worth the college try, just like anything else. You can't get anything if you don't ask.

Oh no, they did not have oatmeal on the Regal? Was this for the entire cruise? Was it just at the buffet or did they also not have oatmeal available for breakfast in the Main Dining Room?

I don't think the onboard credit was enough for an entire cruise without oatmeal.!!

I know 2 people who spoke directly with customer relations and were both told no recently. One even mentioned they knew people from CC who had gotten it since they are on here.

It's always worth the college try, just like anything else. You can't get anything if you don't ask.

agreed, and yet Raz455 above called today and got OBC

semi-post hijack - Dan Mullen should be an excellent hire for the Gators:cool:

Thanks for the information about this.

I emailed my TA to ask Princess about the

OBC PP. 5 minutes later she got back to

me and DH and I each have $100 more to spend.

It already shows on our Personalizer. Only those who ask will receive it, per Princess.

Thanks again,

Pam

PS- I love cruise critic!!