Cozumel and Cayman beach

Do you think we should just arrange our own cab to the beaches in Coz and Cayman? We plan to enjoy the beach and snorkel (our kids equipment) in the water then go to the towns and shop. Skip the ships excursions?

Do you think we should just arrange our own cab to the beaches in Coz and Cayman? We plan to enjoy the beach and snorkel (our kids equipment) in the water then go to the towns and shop. Skip the ships excursions?

On Grand Cayman try the stingray city trip with http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/. We have been on their tour twice and loved it. You will have time to snorkel in the coral gardens and then will be introduced to swimming and petting stingrays. They will return you to seven mile beach or to town for shopping. If your ship does not arrive in Grand Cayman for any reason they will not charge you. Book directly through their site for best price. They supply punch and water during tour.

The ships excursions to the beach in Cozumel and Grand Cayman don't normally include the taxi ride so you have to pay for it anyway. It's always cheaper to do it on your own. There are plenty of cabs in both Cozumel and Grand Cayman. In Cozumel when you exit the port building the taxis will be right outside and there should be a sign posted with the fare to all the beachs and whatever other places they go.

On the cruise we just went on last week, in Grand Cayman we did sting ray city and snorkle through Moby Dick Tours which was great....but if you aren't planning on doing a tour, then 7 mile beach is the best place to go- use a cab.

In cozumel we just went to the beach using a cab (it was a van), it was about $5 a person- very worth it. We went to a beach called Mr. Sancho's- much better than the others, much less crowded!

Don't know about Coz. but in Gr. Cayman, we took the bus/cab to 7 mile beach. They have chair and umbrella rentals, along with watersport equip. You do not need to go through the ship for that! Just take your pool towels (remember to bring them back with you!) Fares were $5.00 pp each way. Take ample cash for lunch--Grand Cayman is really expensive! ($10-12 for a hamburger!)

I was just going to say what ARB said. In GC, I suggest either going to the free beach at Seven Mile Beach or going to Stingray Ciity. We had so much fun!! And in Coz, I suggest taking a taxi to Paradise Beach. It is located next to the beach where the ships take you. No entrance fee, with good food, good drinks, and lots of water toys for a small cost. We went with my brothers who are in their 30's and I seriously thought had lost their fun gene prior to this. We spent the $ to use the water tampoline and the iceberg. They were having the best times of their lives. Ear to ear smiles. I think they were 8 yrs old again.

Just got off the Navigator yesterday, we did the NativeWay stingray tour and it was fantastic. The price was $25. pp and how can you beat that! They also have an onboard photographer with an underwater camera. They found a couple of Conch and gave away the shells and had some extra shells at the pier that they also gave away. Our crew with about 21 people on board really helped with handling of the stingrays and made sure everyone had an opportunity to "hold" and get the stingray massage!

They were fantastic. Cruise line excursions have way too many people on board to get this personal attention.

We also did the trip to Paradise beach and that also was great. The cab ride to the beach was $24. each way - we had 8 people in the van. The cost for using the all the toys on the beach was $8. for the day. Made Labadee look like a joke.

I just got back last week and we did Paradise beach. From International Pier its about a $6-$12 cab ride. There is a $10 food and drink minimum for you to have the beach chairs and umbrellas. A wrist band for activities is $8 and snorkeling is $35 and wave runners are $55 for 30 minutes(per couple). The only thing about paradise beach is depending on where you enter the water, its very rocky and you could hurt your feet. I would suggest water shoes for sure. If you enter the water area near the wave runner area its sand but if you enter about 30-50 feet to the left of the wave runners its super rocky.

Paradise is really nice!!!! And the food and drinks were great!!

We were there in Feb and the excursions we did throughthe cruise line were worth the money and lots of fun - in GC we did the Jeep 4X4 and went all over the island with several stops including Rum Point where there is a great resort and excellent snorkeling. Seven Mile Beach was beautiful but seemed shorter then before and TONS of people - do not go to Colony Club as it is wall to wall cruise ship people - go farther near the Marriott Courtyard and you will be better off.

In Coz we did the sail and snorkel (5th time) greaet snorkeling and then you sail to a great beach with NO ROCKS and volleyball and OPEN BAR!!!! My family loves this tour - the mexican guys are the best.

I think these choices were far better then taking a cab

Have fun!

Archived