Bringing beverages aboard on Embarkation

LollipopLollipop

Being a new cruiser to Celebrity I would just like to reconfirm the information previously mentioned in another thread. At Embarkation does Celebrity policy allow each guest to bring on board cans of soda AND/OR bottles of water. If so, in what amounts? I could not find this info on the Celebrity website. Thanks.

The web site is silent on bringing soda/water on board probably because they don't encourage it.

However it has been widely reported that you can bring on a reasonable amount at embarkation. Many have reported bringing a case of water or soda and placing a luggage tag on the case & it was delivered to the cabin along with the luggage.

The web site is silent on bringing soda/water on board probably because they don't encourage it.

However it has been widely reported that you can bring on a reasonable amount at embarkation. Many have reported bringing a case of water or soda and placing a luggage tag on the case & it was delivered to the cabin along with the luggage.

Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Doesn’t even need to be a reasonable amount. Just put luggage tags on the cases of water and soft drinks. This is the only way to avoid paying for water and soft drinks on the ship.

Actually, it's not the only way. One can drink all the water and soft drinks they want in the dispensers in the buffet area(s). One can take a beverage package as one of their incentives.

OR one can not worry about it and realize that they are going to buy water and soda at home, and just enjoy themselves while on vacation. . .

If these alternatives don't suit, maybe it's time to switch to another cruise line where bringing cases of water and soda are very acceptable and common, right along with the rum runners.

Sorry if I sound snotty, but passengers complain bitterly about cruise lines that "nickle and dime". I don't get how doing stuff like this isn't nickle and diming, too. Do you bring your own soda, water, booze to a land based restaurant? It's a rhetorical question, because I know that y'all are gonna blast me.

• Like 1

Well, we got the premium beverage package, but I still want to bring a couple cases of water and a couple bottles of wine. I would like to be able to drink in my room without having to make a run for drinks. Wish we could bring more of our own booze, but I can live with a couple bottles. I suppose if they stopped us from bringing water, we'd just grab water all the time onboard, as it's included in the package, and stock up.

Well, we got the premium beverage package, but I still want to bring a couple cases of water and a couple bottles of wine. I would like to be able to drink in my room without having to make a run for drinks. Wish we could bring more of our own booze, but I can live with a couple bottles. I suppose if they stopped us from bringing water, we'd just grab water all the time onboard, as it's included in the package, and stock up.

Which is what we do rather than schelp a case of water with us.

• Like 1

Not so silent...but I haven’t heard of them enforcing it

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration.

Not so silent...but I haven’t heard of them enforcing it

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration.

Here we go again!

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

We always have one of the beverage packages that include bottled water and just grab a bottle as we pass a bar and stock it in the room. It is easy to do. I do like my La Croix though and have brought a few cans on board when we were on the Eclipse last December. Just put it in our carry on and it wasn't a problem.

• Like 1

Actually, it's not the only way. One can drink all the water and soft drinks they want in the dispensers in the buffet area(s). One can take a beverage package as one of their incentives.

OR one can not worry about it and realize that they are going to buy water and soda at home, and just enjoy themselves while on vacation. . .

If these alternatives don't suit, maybe it's time to switch to another cruise line where bringing cases of water and soda are very acceptable and common, right along with the rum runners.

Sorry if I sound snotty, but passengers complain bitterly about cruise lines that "nickle and dime". I don't get how doing stuff like this isn't nickle and diming, too. Do you bring your own soda, water, booze to a land based restaurant? It's a rhetorical question, because I know that y'all are gonna blast me.

IF you sound Snotty? IF? I don't think there's any doubt. The OP has never sailed X before. She asked a reasonable question.

Please point out to me where the free soft drink dispensers are in the buffet. I'd love to know. The only dispensers I've seen only have iced tea, lemonade or punch. But not soft drinks.

And please point out where I can find free beverage packages on every cruise. Because our experience has been that "free perks" are not universal.

And you're really equating a case of water, perhaps to be used for shore excursions, with smuggling booze?

Not only snotty, but insufferably patronizing.

I just happened to have spoken with Celebrity earlier this evening, and was told that you can bring "as much as you can hand-carry" of nonalcoholic beverages on-board, along with two bottles of wine per cabin. I forgot to clarify whether there was any distinction between cans and bottles. (Carnival will allow sodas only in cans.) The cut-and-paste posted earlier indicating that non-alcoholic beverages are prohibited must be an outdated policy. IMO Celebrity needs a new webmaster as their website leaves much to be desired.

As ONE who is new to Celebrity I just thought I'd ask a simple question. As ONE that says they may sound snotty. Let this ONE confirm.... you do!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Yes, you can do.

I only recommend that you tip the porter accordingly for accepting the cases, but your call regardless.

bon voyage

• Like 1

We have brought water and soft drinks on many, many cruises and never been challenged. Usually we put a case of water and a 12 pack of coke in a suitcase and check it, but we have also carried it on with us. (I have had the water bottles looked at very closely to check if water or other liquid). But never prohibited.

Take it, whats the worst that can happen? You lose some water or coke!

Now, beverage packages are NEVER free, although it can be included in your cruise fare, and there are NO soft drink dispensers at the buffet or anywhere else on any celebrity ship i have sailed.

Royal DOES have a dispenser, your cup has a “chip” to use it.

This is my last comment on this subject, since people are blasting my thoughts (and me personally), as I predicted.

Firstly, I'm not talking about a couple of bottles of water or two cans of coke when you come back from a port stop. I'm talking about cases of water and soda bringing brought on to the ship.

I apologize for believing that soda was available in the buffet. I genuinely believed that was accurate. I don't often drink soda unless it's used as a mixer for alcohol. It was an honest mistake, but I was inaccurate and I am sorry for misleading anyone.

Obviously, following the 'rules' is a choice. Celebrity's rules are above in Post #8. Everyone can make their own choice freely.

But remember that there are other rules that many posters complain about when Celebrity doesn't enforce - smoking on balconies, cigar smoke permeating other areas, people wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner,children with diapers in the pool, etc.

I just look at it another way: If you break one rule, I can't understand why people feel that they have the justification to complain about others who break rules. To me, that's hypocritical. Plain and simple.

Had a beverage package, but just like to keep some cans of Diet Coke on hand in the cabin. Last week, bought a case on the way to the port and taped a luggage tag on it. Gave it to the porters with the luggage and it Arrived in the cabin - convenient and I was sure to get a can not a fountain drink.

Had a beverage package, but just like to keep some cans of Diet Coke on hand in the cabin. Last week, bought a case on the way to the port and taped a luggage tag on it. Gave it to the porters with the luggage and it Arrived in the cabin - convenient and I was sure to get a can not a fountain drink.
m - thank you for the confirmation, as many others have pointed out.

How was your sailing?

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

On our last Celeb cruise (January) I saw people bringing on shrink-wrapped 6 or 12 packs (can't remember which) of water at one of the interim ports. It caught my eye both because of the online discussions about this topic AND because I remember thinking the bottled water at this Caribbean port had to be almost as expensive as the shipboard bottles!

to the original poster - if you have a drink package, it is fairly convenient to pick up a bottle of water at the bar with your card. We asked our room steward to empty our in-room frig and put our water bottles and the bottle of wine we brought on board into the frig.

At some ports they hand out bottled water to disembarking passengers to prevent dehydration - we liked picking up ours at the bar because I'm less likely to forget the water bottle if I pack it in my daybag along with sunscreen, sunglasses, map, etc.

As someone else mentioned one good reason to bring your own onboard is if you drink a particular soft drink or want a special mixer that might not be available. We brought one bottle of wine last time because we had gone to a wine shop the night before the cruise, just killing time, and had bought that bottle. We almost didn't drink it, so we may not buy one next time - didn't spend as much time on the balcony as we thought we might and really liked the AquaClass tea, which was a pleasant surprise.

As we were pulling out our suitcases to pack on the last night, I felt into the open box where the life vests are stored and what should I find but 2 bottles of wine! Left there by some unknown previous passengers, not sure how long they had been stashed.

I just happened to have spoken with Celebrity earlier this evening, and was told that you can bring "as much as you can hand-carry" of nonalcoholic beverages on-board, along with two bottles of wine per cabin. I forgot to clarify whether there was any distinction between cans and bottles. (Carnival will allow sodas only in cans.) The cut-and-paste posted earlier indicating that non-alcoholic beverages are prohibited must be an outdated policy. IMO Celebrity needs a new webmaster as their website leaves much to be desired.

You are correct about the web site but if you are on this board for any length of time you will find the customer service you called is not much better.

This is my last comment on this subject, since people are blasting my thoughts (and me personally), as I predicted.

Firstly, I'm not talking about a couple of bottles of water or two cans of coke when you come back from a port stop. I'm talking about cases of water and soda bringing brought on to the ship.

I apologize for believing that soda was available in the buffet. I genuinely believed that was accurate. I don't often drink soda unless it's used as a mixer for alcohol. It was an honest mistake, but I was inaccurate and I am sorry for misleading anyone.

Obviously, following the 'rules' is a choice. Celebrity's rules are above in Post #8. Everyone can make their own choice freely.

But remember that there are other rules that many posters complain about when Celebrity doesn't enforce - smoking on balconies, cigar smoke permeating other areas, people wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner,children with diapers in the pool, etc.

I just look at it another way: If you break one rule, I can't understand why people feel that they have the justification to complain about others who break rules. To me, that's hypocritical. Plain and simple.

Every time I have reported a nearby smoker on a balcony or even one not so nearby that I have been able to identify the stateroom Celebrity has been right on it and shut them down. Not only is it offensive it is dangerous fire hazard. They can also rewind cameras that are on the outside of the ship. We have seen folks in shorts turned away from the dining room at dinner and inappropriate dress turned away from Captains Club Happy Hour. All depends on Host or Hostess and Maitre d. We never get in the pool so can’t comment on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums