Viewing for Flower Parade next April

IndyCapt

I'm looking for info on best way/location to view the annual Flower Parade outside Amsterdam next April. I've seen the option to buy "reserved" grandstand seating along the route. I'm curious to know from anyone who has experienced this parade the best way to go about seeing the flowers as they go along. Is it just as easy to find a spot to stand along the route or would it be better to spend the money for a reserved seat?...any feedback is appreciated. (I've asked on my roll call but no response as of yet)

Thanks...

Indeed you can watch the parade along the route while it goes.from Noordwijk to Haarlem.

Check the website for much more information. In case you go and "do it yourself"be in time, many locals will do the same. I think it is a nice way for photos, since you can walk around a bit.

https://www.bloemencorso-bollenstreek.nl/en/

Weather end of April might be a pre to book a seat in the grandstands, it can be nice and sunny, but rainy and chilly is also very lilkely.

Floats will be on display the next day, Sunday in Haarlem close to centre too.

Indeed you can watch the parade along the route while it goes.from Noordwijk to Haarlem.

Check the website for much more information. In case you go and "do it yourself"be in time, many locals will do the same. I think it is a nice way for photos, since you can walk around a bit.

https://www.bloemencorso-bollenstreek.nl/en/

Weather end of April might be a pre to book a seat in the grandstands, it can be nice and sunny, but rainy and chilly is also very lilkely.

Floats will be on display the next day, Sunday in Haarlem close to centre too.

Thank you for the information and the link to their website. We've heard the traffic will be very heavy that day. Any idea on how much time we should plan on for the trip out to the parade route that day? I guess we would be taking the train (?) We're staying on the south side of Amsterdam...thanks!

Thank you for the information and the link to their website. We've heard the traffic will be very heavy that day. Any idea on how much time we should plan on for the trip out to the parade route that day? I guess we would be taking the train (?) We're staying on the south side of Amsterdam...thanks!

Much depends in what location you want to watch the parade. Planning to stay along the road or in one of the grandstands?

There are excellent frequent train and bus connections between Amsterdam and Haarlem.From Haarlem there is a bus with destination Leiden, which goes for a large portion over the way road as the Parade.. Because of the parade however that day the route will be partly different.

This website gives details about public transportation. Give in your departure and where you want to go and you will see all deatails. https://9292.nl/en

Be along the route in any case at least 30 minutes or more at the place you want to watch it. The website gives options re traffic etc. when you book a grandstand.

Much depends in what location you want to watch the parade. Planning to stay along the road or in one of the grandstands?

There are excellent frequent train and bus connections between Amsterdam and Haarlem.From Haarlem there is a bus with destination Leiden, which goes for a large portion over the way road as the Parade.. Because of the parade however that day the route will be partly different.

This website gives details about public transportation. Give in your departure and where you want to go and you will see all deatails. https://9292.nl/en

Be along the route in any case at least 30 minutes or more at the place you want to watch it. The website gives options re traffic etc. when you book a grandstand.

Thank you again for your help. We have yet to decide if we want to stand along the parade route or get a reserved grandstand seat. I couldn't tell from the map what the distance is from city to city...for example, do you know how many miles/km it is from Sassenheim to Lisse?...just curious...thanks so much!