B2B in San Juan Procedure

CWcruisers

We are doing the B2B on the Caribbean Princess in March. Have done B2B's in Fl before and have always had to get off the ship and go through immigration, then back on with new cards. Does anyone know if this is the same in San Juan. Also, can we get off the ship while it is in port to re-stock our wine?

We did b2b in SJU in October...The cruise card is changed & you do have to leave the ship for Customs...they give you an "in-transit" card but my Customs agent made me fill out a customs/immigration form anyway.

You can go touring & shopping in SJU.

Steve

We are doing the B2B on the Caribbean Princess in March. Have done B2B's in Fl before and have always had to get off the ship and go through immigration, then back on with new cards. Does anyone know if this is the same in San Juan. Also, can we get off the ship while it is in port to re-stock our wine?

We did a B2B on the Crown in April. I think most of it depends on your last port of call before SJ. Our last port was in St. Thomas, so we were not technically reentering the US in SJ. We didn't have to get off the ship, but we did. As we got off the ship, they took our old cruise card and issued a new one. You can replenish the wine supply at the liquor store that is located, in the terminal, just before you go through security where you board the ship. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.:)

either way--get of the ship and have a lunch at Aquaviva--owned by Parrot Club and is across the street from them. OSJ is a good place to be--I assume you take off on the first cruise frop OSJ.

we've done the 2 Southern routes back to back from OSJ a couple of times--have fun!!

Nancy:D

We did this last year onhe Crown. You will have a great time. My best advice is don't be shy with the in transit card. Our friends stood in line (even though the Princess reps told us not to) with the folks who were disembarking. We went to the front, flashed the card, and had a great day!

Archived