Announcing... MSC Grandiosa (Meraviglia-Plus)

JPMoore

Hey all,

MSC have just announced the name of their first Meraviglia-Plus class vessel, the MSC Grandiosa.

What do you guys think of the name, and some of the new features mentioned in the article below?

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/About-MSC/News/Meraviglia-Plus-Steel-Cutting-Bellissima-Coin-Ceremony.aspx

I can only repeat myself - I wish they would build smaller luxury ships with YC concept . Those monsters not for me at all.

As a swede, the name will always remind me of... pizza

https://grandiosa.se

Just my thoughts as well [emoji848] As a Norwegian (living in Sweden though), the pizza Grandiosa - which is the most popular one in whole Norway - is the first thing coming to my mind [emoji33]

http://www.grandiosa.no

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Frode

Just my thoughts as well [emoji848] As a Norwegian (living in Sweden though), the pizza Grandiosa - which is the most popular one in whole Norway - is the first thing coming to my mind [emoji33]

http://www.grandiosa.no

Same here! I'm guessing they didn't do much market research in Norway/Sweden (hardly major markets for them) before deciding on the name ;p

I just returned from a cruise in the YC on the Meraviglia. My full review is in the review section. Suffice to say, MSC is not ready to service a ship that is larger than the Meraviglia, based on our experience on the Meraviglia. They may wish to rethink their strategy that bigger is better until they come up with a strategy to provide service that is equivalent to their smaller ships.

What’s in a name?

You could ask Rolls-Royce Motors.

To follow up their “Silver Cloud” car the next model was to have been called “Mist”; until someone who spoke German, said, “you can’t call it a Rolls- Royce “Sh*t”.

If you want, put MIST into Google translate as a German word and translate into English, you get the polite version- DUNG

What’s in a name?

You could ask Rolls-Royce Motors.

To follow up their “Silver Cloud” car the next model was to have been called “Mist”; until someone who spoke German, said, “you can’t call it a Rolls- Royce “Sh*t”.

If you want, put MIST into Google translate as a German word and translate into English, you get the polite version- DUNG

Reminds me of Toyota selling the MR2 in France ;p

Well maybe MSC has a plan all along with the new names; MSC Grandiosa for the Scandinavian/Northern European markets, to be followed by MSC Domino's and MSC Papa John's for the USA...

Hi guys. Cruise Critic covered the announcement live, along with the ship's steel cutting ceremony and Bellissima's coin ceremony: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=8214.

Hi Ashley. Can you find out why Laura always states "Latest Seabourn news" when she announces these things in stickies about MSC! I asked Adam (Coulter) when I met him on Meraviglia and he said he'd mention it to her. However, she is still stating that it's Seabourn news.

I’d be really disappointed with yet another Genoa-Naples sort of itinerary..

That was the main reason why I didn't book Seaview for next year, Priscila. However, all the talk about Seaside is swaying me. If we could stretch to YC (I'd seriously consider booking a YC inside) - the ship could be the destination.

That was the main reason why I didn't book Seaview for next year, Priscila. However, all the talk about Seaside is swaying me. If we could stretch to YC (I'd seriously consider booking a YC inside) - the ship could be the destination.

Indeed, I only booked Seaview for the ship itself, but I won’t do it a third time with Grandiosa, if they repeat the same route.

I’m enjoying the Seaside renderings but honestly, those blue fluor light effects on top of YC Swarovski stairs put me off a bit [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was a bit surprised at that, myself. I'm wondering if the colours will change like they do on other ships (I'm thinking of the area outside the cigar room on Magnifica).

I won't be making any decisions 'til I see the first photos, videos and reviews of Seaside and, even then, I certainly wouldn't be making a booking for any of Seaview's first couple of months' sailings, not after experiencing being on a new ship (Meraviglia) in its first couple of weeks.