Upgrading drink package - teen not charged?

vllygrrl

We have never sailed MSC but booked an Aft Suite on the Seaside next November. The suite comes with the basic drink package as part of the Aurea experience, and after reviewing the differences we decided to upgrade to deluxe. Having found the 536UPGAD code on this board (thank you OP!) I called and had it added to the room. Doing the quick math I noticed that the 3 adults in the room were charged, but not the teen. Is there a different code for the child package or will he just get what the rest of us have? I just don't want to have to worry about my 14 year old son getting tons of snacks in the chocolate shop or wherever and find a huge bill for him at the end of the week. The boy is 6 feet tall and can EAT:')

It's an interesting point that you raise. There isn't a premium package for teens, which makes sense, really. The pastries in the Piazza del Doge are only included in the premium, however, and not in the basic package.

It looks like you'll just have to ensure that these items are ordered for your teen using the cruisecards indicating the premium package code.

On my upcoming divina cruise there is only one drink package available for my teen son. The all inclusive non-alcoholic pkg it says it’s to accompany either 534 or 536 packages so i think he just gets what you guys get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have never sailed MSC but booked an Aft Suite on the Seaside next November. The suite comes with the basic drink package as part of the Aurea experience, and after reviewing the differences we decided to upgrade to deluxe. Having found the 536UPGAD code on this board (thank you OP!) I called and had it added to the room. Doing the quick math I noticed that the 3 adults in the room were charged, but not the teen. Is there a different code for the child package or will he just get what the rest of us have? I just don't want to have to worry about my 14 year old son getting tons of snacks in the chocolate shop or wherever and find a huge bill for him at the end of the week. The boy is 6 feet tall and can EAT:')

Similar situation to yours- 3 adults booked in an aft suite which includes the classic drinks package. How much per person is it to upgrade to the deluxe/premium package?

Similar situation to yours- 3 adults booked in an aft suite which includes the classic drinks package. How much per person is it to upgrade to the deluxe/premium package?

If you're sailing from April, onwards, on a 7 night cruise, the upgrade will be $8 pppd (plus 15% if done onboard) according to the 2018/2019 MSC USA brochure. Page #239 refers:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

64b3a568ff96fc10f4b8cc401064f637.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi am looking at booking a similar cruise on the Seaview (Europe) that includes the classic package. What was this code you found to upgrade and how do you apply it? What extras do you get with the deluxe?

Hi am looking at booking a similar cruise on the Seaview (Europe) that includes the classic package. What was this code you found to upgrade and how do you apply it? What extras do you get with the deluxe?

The deluxe package includes a few better whiskeys and other liquor. It also allows you to drink from your minibar and get drinks from room service as far as I can tell. I called MSC and asked them to upgrade to deluxe using code 536UPGAD

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The deluxe package includes a few better whiskeys and other liquor. It also allows you to drink from your minibar and get drinks from room service as far as I can tell. I called MSC and asked them to upgrade to deluxe using code 536UPGAD

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been told the upgrade to deluxe is $26 pppd and $9.50 per child pd (European cruise) and was told that all children and adults have to be upgraded as they don't know who is taking drinks out of the mini bar..... :confused:

I've been told the upgrade to deluxe is $26 pppd and $9.50 per child pd (European cruise) and was told that all children and adults have to be upgraded as they don't know who is taking drinks out of the mini bar..... :confused:

US$ prices don't count on European cruises so the rates you quote don't apply. There's no premium package for children but they must have the children's all-inclusive if you want either the basic or premium package.

Drinks package prices and what's included in each differs depending on whether the onboard currency is in Euros or US$. As you are considering Seaview in the Med, the price will be in Euros onboard. For a 7 night cruise, the basic package is €26 pppd and the premium is €50 - so the upgrade would cost you €24 pppd + 15% service charge. If you wish to upgrade beforehand, you'll avoid the 15% extra and you'll also pay in Sterling. The code for the basic package is 534 and for the premium package it's 436 on bookings.

Edited by Beamafar

US$ prices don't count on European cruises.

hmmmm I'm booking with a US TA and she's quoted that to upgrade. Am I best waiting til actually on the ship then and upgrading then? You've just answered my question on another website actually re the Yacht Club drinks whereby I was told it only includes select premium drinks in the Yacht Club itself.......:o

hmmmm I'm booking with a US TA and she's quoted that to upgrade. Am I best waiting til actually on the ship then and upgrading then? You've just answered my question on another website actually re the Yacht Club drinks whereby I was told it only includes select premium drinks in the Yacht Club itself.......:o

Sorry! I saw your 'Cheshire' location and assumed you were booking in the UK.

I also saw your question re children in YC - there's no restrictions regarding booking children in YC.

If you're booking YC, there's no upgrading your drinks package involved - the premium package comes with a YC booking.

I also saw your question re children in YC - there's no restrictions regarding booking children in YC.

If you're booking YC, there's no upgrading your drinks package involved - the premium package comes with a YC booking.

Thanks, you seem to know more than the TA does :D Yes in the UK but the US sites were so much cheaper so that's why booking with them. I'm tempted to go for the YC and see what we get when on board as I've read so many different things.......:confused:

Another thing you might know.... we have some friends wanting to come with us. They have 2 adults and 2 teenage boys - would a YC deluxe suite be ample room for them do you know? As from the measurements some of the cabins seem smaller than the Aurea suites?..... Hope you don't charge commission ......;p

Oh and the TA also said that the children don't get the cookery courses in the YC? Only in the Fantasica experience.......? I'm only booking with them as they are cheaper by far even if they are giving the wrong information ......;)

Thanks, you seem to know more than the TA does :D Yes in the UK but the US sites were so much cheaper so that's why booking with them. I'm tempted to go for the YC and see what we get when on board as I've read so many different things.......:confused:

Another thing you might know.... we have some friends wanting to come with us. They have 2 adults and 2 teenage boys - would a YC deluxe suite be ample room for them do you know? As from the measurements some of the cabins seem smaller than the Aurea suites?..... Hope you don't charge commission ......;p

Haha................. I've done 17 cruises with MSC now, plus I read almost everything that's shared on here! :rolleyes:

With regards to your friends' requirements and assuming we're still talking Seaview, it would be as well to read the threads about the Seaside. I don't know what size the YC cabins will be on her. If they're similar to the Meraviglia (which was the ship launched last June) then they'll be somewhat bigger than on Fantasia-class. Even still, I would imagine it would be a bit cramped. I can't speak for the Aurea suites. Again, we're talking about a ship that hasn't been built yet and who's sister ship hasn't sailed yet so there isn't any definite information about the cabins.

Also, I'm not the best person to ask to choose between Aurea and Yacht Club as YC gets my vote every time. I'd even squash up a bit in a YC cabin over an Aurea suite with more space any day. How much time do you spend in the cabin? YC has so much more to offer.

Oh and the TA also said that the children don't get the cookery courses in the YC? Only in the Fantasica experience.......? I'm only booking with them as they are cheaper by far even if they are giving the wrong information ......;)

Different 'Experiences' offer different benefits.

Haha................. I've done 17 cruises with MSC now, plus I read almost everything that's shared on here! :rolleyes:

With regards to your friends' requirements and assuming we're still talking Seaview, it would be as well to read the threads about the Seaside. I don't know what size the YC cabins will be on her. If they're similar to the Meraviglia (which was the ship launched last June) then they'll be somewhat bigger than on Fantasia-class. Even still, I would imagine it would be a bit cramped. I can't speak for the Aurea suites. Again, we're talking about a ship that hasn't been built yet and who's sister ship hasn't sailed yet so there isn't any definite information about the cabins.

Also, I'm not the best person to ask to choose between Aurea and Yacht Club as YC gets my vote every time. I'd even squash up a bit in a YC cabin over an Aurea suite with more space any day. How much time do you spend in the cabin? YC has so much more to offer.

Yes I do see your name a lot on these threads :D

don't spend much time in the cabin at all ... even the balcony we had on Oasis wasn't used except to dry washing...:) We have two small children so when they are in kids clubs I would like to use the YC areas more...then use the rest of the boat with them..... that's why wanted to clarify the drinks if it was just in YC or all over the ship. I'd hate the YC area to be full of adults tho if I wanted to take the children in the restaurants / pool area they may not like it..... the adults I mean not the children......:')

Different 'Experiences' offer different benefits.

Yes... I've recently read somewhere though that the next experience 'up' offers the previous experience benefits plus 'added extra benefits' of the current experience.... if that makes sense....:)

Yes I do see your name a lot on these threads :D

don't spend much time in the cabin at all ... even the balcony we had on Oasis wasn't used except to dry washing...:) We have two small children so when they are in kids clubs I would like to use the YC areas more...then use the rest of the boat with them..... that's why wanted to clarify the drinks if it was just in YC or all over the ship. I'd hate the YC area to be full of adults tho if I wanted to take the children in the restaurants / pool area they may not like it..... the adults I mean not the children......:')

The staff in the YC absolutely dote on young children and I'm sure there's no problem if they're not running around bothering other people and spoiling their enjoyment. We've been on cruises in YC where there were children and never really had any problems (except for a group of Italians who were very loud in the Top Sail on a couple of nights and had no problem with their children screaming - probably over-tired, over-excited and with too much fizzy, sugary drinks taken!).

Yes... I've recently read somewhere though that the next experience 'up' offers the previous experience benefits plus 'added extra benefits' of the current experience.... if that makes sense....:)

Not really. For instance, you get a complimentary massage when you book Aurea but not YC. You also get a room diffuser with the 'MED' scent (this is the scent they use onboard the ships). Again, you only get that with an Aurea booking.

Bytheway, I've just realised that we've wandered off-topic (saw that when I scrolled to the top of the page). Apologies to the OP!

Not really. For instance, you get a complimentary massage when you book Aurea but not YC. You also get a room diffuser with the 'MED' scent (this is the scent they use onboard the ships). Again, you only get that with an Aurea booking.

Bytheway, I've just realised that we've wandered off-topic (saw that when I scrolled to the top of the page). Apologies to the OP!

Ah thanks yes sorry OP I took over a bit there :o