Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event

LPCKG

The Diamond Event is often held in the Dragon's Lair on Mariner. You get free wine and champagne from 5-8:30 PM. Usually there is some sort of bar mix for snacks. You can purchase mixed drinks for 25% off the price during this time. This is the same on all ships without a Diamond Lounge.

The Diamond Event is often held in the Dragon's Lair on Mariner. You get free wine and champagne from 5-8:30 PM. Usually there is some sort of bar mix for snacks. You can purchase mixed drinks for 25% off the price during this time. This is the same on all ships without a Diamond Lounge.

Great, thanks for that - nice to see 'free wine' is available!

Is this event for all diamond members, or just diamond plus? And is the diamond lounge also for all diamond members, or again for diamond plus and above?

Also, if I am traveling with someone who is not a diamond member, are they allowed in the lounge or event with me?

The Diamond Lounge and Diamond Event are for Diamond & Up C&A Members.. your non-diamond traveling companion "may" be allowed to attend the event with you, but if their Seapass card is checked would not receive the free wine...Usually they would NOT be admited to the Diamond Lounge as that is a closed area..accessible by your roomkey...and the Diamond conceige is generally aware of who their diamond guest are...you can always ask but be prepared to be told no guests...

LPCKG

You didn't mention what ship you would be sailing on. If you are on a Freedom or Oasis class ship, the Diamond event has hot and cold appitizers and wine plus free mixed drinks. Bev:)

The OP's signature says they'll be on the Mariner.

I am a diamond member and have traveled several times with a friend in my cabin who is not diamond...as long as they are traveling in the same stateroom as you, they get to go to the nightly diamond event. They will not, however, get the diamond discount booklet, only the diamond member gets that. You're going to love being diamond!

My husband and I are diamond and the couple we are traveling with are not. Is it possible for me to go in and grab myself a glass of wine remove it from the lounge and then meet up with them :rolleyes: ?

Maybe. The official policy is no, but I've done it before with no issues.

Soda is also free. It's a nice way to meet fellow cruisers in an informal setting. And unlike the dining room you can pretty well choose who you will sit with!

Sure wish for free soda for our kids in other bars, promenade, restaurants, etc who are also Diamond members. This would be a good perk for Diamond Kids rather than purchasing a soda package,

My husband and I are diamond and the couple we are traveling with are not. Is it possible for me to go in and grab myself a glass of wine remove it from the lounge and then meet up with them :rolleyes: ?

It depends on who is guarding the door. I have been stopped and made to feel like a thief a couple of times but have also done it without a problem.

If you are on a Freedom or Oasis class ship, the Diamond event has hot and cold appitizers and wine plus free mixed drinks...
Technically these are not Diamond EVENTs, but are Diamond LOUNGEs; and yes the DLs offer very nice perks. There are also a few older ships that have been for major ovehauls and have had DLs added.
Is this event for all diamond members, or just diamond plus? And is the diamond lounge also for all diamond members, or again for diamond plus and above?
All RCI ships have Concierge Lounges {CL} which are open to full suite [not JS] passengers and Diamond PLUS. CLs used to be open to any Diamonds, but have not been for several years. As the name implies DLs are open to all Diamonds.
Also, if I am traveling with someone who is not a diamond member, are they allowed in the lounge or event with me?
RCI rules are pretty explicit that DLs are for Diamonds only, and I have found they are pretty strict on enforcing that. Obviously others have had differing experiences.

Thom

.All RCI ships have Concierge Lounges {CL} which are open to full suite [not JS] passengers and Diamond PLUS.

Thom

Monarch, Majesty, and most Vision class ships do not have a Concierge Lounge. Splendour and Enchantment have a CL. Rhapsody is having one added during her dry dock.

I am a diamond member and have traveled several times with a friend in my cabin who is not diamond...as long as they are traveling in the same stateroom as you, they get to go to the nightly diamond event. They will not, however, get the diamond discount booklet, only the diamond member gets that. You're going to love being diamond!

That is not always the case. What you may have experienced on one ship won't necessarily mean that you will experience the same thing on another ship.

On those ships mentioned that have a CL, can you get a mixed drink or is it still just wine, champagne, etc. if you are D+? Does anyone know where the CL is on the Jewel of Seas..

Thanks

You can get a basic mixed drink in the CL..just no blender drinks...Jewel CL is Midship Deck 10..the bartender on my Dec. Jewel cruise made a killer Cosmo!:D

On those ships mentioned that have a CL, can you get a mixed drink or is it still just wine, champagne, etc. if you are D+? Does anyone know where the CL is on the Jewel of Seas..

Thanks

Yes, D+ members have access to the CL and can get basic mixed drinks for free from about 5pm to 8:30pm every evening. The CL on Jewel is on deck 10, port side, just forward of the centrum.

EDIT: Sorry for the duplicate message. Browser had not been refreshed so I didn't see the post.

Hi, we just became Diamond's and are going on the Voyager next month.

I understand that the Concierge also handed out Ice Show tickets (so you could avoid the long lines).

Is that something we miss out on if we have the Diamond Event versus the Diamond Lounge?

Thanks

Archived