Room service breakfast

briehon

Be specific with what you want. Need to write in cream, etc.

If you order 4 cereals and one milk they will call to make sure you ordered correctly.:p

They have salmon. It's listed on the top line, next to citrus, melon, and banana. Great way to get some protein in what's otherwise a carb-heavy breakfast.

(Go to the link in CoconutJD's post to see the menu.)

I agree. I usually need some protein at breakfast to keep me full. And I love me some lido deck omelets, so I generally just order room service breakfast if I plan on getting off the ship first thing when we dock/tender. But that order always includes salmon, cream cheese, and a bagel.

The rest of the breakfast menu is pretty much cheap carbs, which don't fill me up. The salmon has got to be several times more expensive for them than anything else on that menu, and I'm actually shocked that they haven't cut it yet.

The rest of the breakfast menu is pretty much cheap carbs, which don't fill me up. The salmon has got to be several times more expensive for them than anything else on that menu, and I'm actually shocked that they haven't cut it yet.

I consider myself a Carnival fan; I love their "fun ships" aspect. But knowing how they've been acting lately, they'll probably replace them with hard-boiled eggs or something. (Hey, boardroom suits, you did not read that! :D) Or maybe the ships that sail to Alaska double as their smoked salmon suppliers, I don't know. Either way, keep it on the menu; it's pretty good.

My plan was to have breakfast on my balcony the second day of my 2-day CTN. If I'm being honest I was a little dissappointed by the offerings they have. I suppose it isn't a big deal to go out and get breakfast and come back...but really how hard would it be to have a basic hot breakfast available?

I'm not one who has to have for breakfast what is considered as "breakfast food". I like having other things. That being said, my favourite Carnival room service breakfast was on our last cruise. We would be having an early tender (Cayman, I think)...the MDR wouldn't open on time for us and the Buffet would have been pushing it. Hunny got just coffee, pastries and fruit. I wanted something more stick-to-your-ribs. So I ordered a reuben and potato salad...that really did the trick and kept me full until lunch.

This past cruise we actually ordered room service breakfast. That was the first in 4 cruises that I did. We ordered it on all three port days. I was not super impressed with the offerings, but we had excursions on those days and have a two year old who is messy and eats kind of slowly (well okay she plays around instead of eating). DH and I decided it would work better to eat in our room- so she could take her time eating while we showered, got ready etc. Mainly she just eats cereal, yogurt or fruit for breakfast so it was not a big deal.

The upside was that it was quick, allowed us more time as far as eating and getting ready and it was a nice wake up. The downside is that we got hungry earlier, which we typically never do. We actually ate in port in all three ports, which we never do.

I agree. I usually need some protein at breakfast to keep me full. And I love me some lido deck omelets, so I generally just order room service breakfast if I plan on getting off the ship first thing when we dock/tender. But that order always includes salmon, cream cheese, and a bagel.

Very surprised how much smoked salmon they give you given how expensive it is.

what is offered? Is it a full menu or continental? I have seen a few mentions of smoked salmon which i love! I am sailing on the valor!

hi-------hurray--yes----smoked salmon is on the breakfast menu-delivered to your cabin-----together with tomato and onion---very nice---also assorted cereals and pastry-----enjoy--from---irene and john--57 cruises on carnival--

I penciled in "scrambled eggs" and NOPE, did not come. Got everything else that was on the menu but sadly no eggs.

(Yes, I know the scrambled eggs suck, just wanted to see if they would bring them) :p

Archived