Question about Using "what's app" on the ship

2catscruising

On my recent Carnival Pride cruise we bought the best wifi package and it was horrible.....never will get it again unless they upgrade their WiFi. Couldn't even get on the free sites on Carnivals computers to book another cruise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I definitely agree with you the pride has horrible internet. I have been on the pride 6 times and have never had a good experience with the wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Texting and sending or posting pictures is all the Carnival wfi allows on Whatsapp!

Not true. I have used the WhatsApp on the vista and was able to call my mother in law at home every night who was watching my kids. And that was on the social plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be purchasing a wifi package on my cruise and would like to know if it is possible to use the what's app to make calls home. :o

Don't you like when some one tells you the answer has already been posted and when you do a search you get posts from 5 years ago or spend 1/2 hour looking for an answer. If you could only post a question once these boards would be empty! You can use whatapp on the cheapest plan ($24 for cruise if you preorder) - I ordered the value plan myself for and it will meets my needs better. If you are talking about making phone calls home and not texting home I don't think it will work very good because of the slow speed. I'm going to try out my magic jack personally but not too worried about phone calls - just so I can message my dog sitter back and forth is my main concern.

Texting and sending or posting pictures is all the Carnival wfi allows on Whatsapp!

This is not true! always use what's app on ship, called my daughter daily on Vista in Europe. You need to buy wifi package, wifi is slow, but works well with what's app.

Pat